What exactly is different

Count bility -- you dam right, man. Some yall's tend ta over analyzation dis shiggidy, so I break it down lije yo momma take it down, so check dis:

We ain't done play nobody yet! And when we dam did, we got whoomped on by michgan state! All yall wit da denying saying Aw hell, scoreboard , we lost by 5, one play from da win----all straight up shiggidy!!

Here da stat dat aint be lyin 47 muthafuggidy rushin yards and grand daddy Abdullah under 2 yards per freakin no Heisman a$$ winnin carry per yard u know .

We play somebody of substance -- and we get xposed.

We beat up on da weenies like it ain't no thang .. and if that be yo thang, den hell, u be lovin it, but it ain mcD.

But surely we can expect more than average to good for two quarters coupled with bad to below average for the other two. I'm not willing to set the bar that low.

The Huskers are 7-1. That's better than good, and there is nothing bad to below average about it.
Apples and oranges. I'm not complaining about our record. 7-1 is good but it is also largely a result of who we have played, not how well we have played.

So, is it your position that we cannot play better or play more complete games? That is all I said. Bo Pelini, our head coach, happens to agree with me. Do you think this team is maxed out in the performance and execution arena?

• Fire 1

So, is it your position that we cannot play better or play more complete games? That is all I said. Bo Pelini, our head coach, happens to agree with me. Do you think this team is maxed out in the performance and execution arena?

Not my position at all.....and not what you said either. I saw Pelini's quote.

Once again avoiding the direct questions. Do you happen to be a politician or lawyer by any chance? I don't understand the rush to jump in, change the subject from how this team has been playing to only addressing their record. I didn't say crap about their record being substandard although, now that you mention it, we would be undefeated if the team had played more than one slightly above average quarter vs MSU. See how that works? Play more complete games, win more games by more points, get ranked higher, control own destiny rather than needing boatloads of help, have better shot at playoffs, etc. Or we can simply talk about how 7-1 is good enough and pretend the play can't improve.
  • Fire 1

Once again avoiding the direct questions. Do you happen to be a politician or lawyer by any chance?

No

Once again avoiding the direct questions. Do you happen to be a politician or lawyer by any chance?

No

Ok, that's funny. *thumbs up*

We still turn the ball over too much but the D has improved a ton in terms of forcing turnoves and taking advantage of opportunities.

Kicking has gone down a peg but we are better at returns, coverage, and punting.

Overall while we're still flawed we're a better flawed team. As many goofs as we had against Rutgers we still beat them by three scores. As many goofs as we had against MSU we still could have easily won a road nightgame against a top10 opponent(type of game we were getting blown-out in before)

IMO it has the potential to be a different team. I've been probably been as down on Bo as any other poster on HB but we're still in this. We could win out and win the conference. If that happens it will show that not only was I wrong about Bo but that this team was/is different.

We'll see. Same thing I said before the season: conference title or bust. If not now, when?

I was thinking next year, when this relatively young team has more experience and more (hopefully) quality depth.

But, it's really a concern that the chasm between Ameer and his backups is as great as it is. Without him and Bell, the offense may be just brutal next year. Like 2009 brutal.

I think that the team has been better, mostly in talent. But they still make too many of the mistakes that we've seen too much of under Pelini. As for what "feels" different, not much, imo.

I keep hearing this. People saying that this team feels different. While I bought into that concept after the Miami game, since, I just don't see it. I know I've been a pretty pessimistic sh#t lately but I can't help it. Becuase I'm seeing the same old issues that have plagued this program for 6 years prior to this and I would like someone to explain to me what's different. I'm sorry. I just don't see it.

While my recent angst towards mostly what I believe to be our in-over-his-head OC may be somewhat misplaced, I'm still not satisfied about the play of this team. Yes, I'm happy we win/won. Those of you claiming critics arent happy with a win are just stupid. Plain and simple. But is see things. LOTS of things. And they stem well beyond nitpicking playcalling. I watch Bo's press conference after the game, and it's clearly obvious we still have issues. Bo has not been that visibly upset all season long. I DO NOT SEE US GETTING BETTER. So, i just want to get this out and open it up for discussion. I just wanna know what's different.

When your talking about the "same old issues" I'm assuming your talking about turnovers, penalties, and getting blown out in big games?

Turnovers

Fumbles lost 6 which annualized at 13 games is about 10, the last few years we were at 16, 22, 11, 16

Interceptions 6 also annualized is 10, last few years are 13, 13, 8, 8

Penalties

50 annualized is about 81, the last few years were 77, 88, 86, 109 (BTW the 6.3 per game is within 1 of a range of 33-97 nationally and Michigan is 2nd as far as least penalties a game)

And the National game we played obviously was far better than anything the last few years.

Honestly if you dont see us getting better I don't think you are watching unbiased.

It's pretty much the same tune and results with this head coach season after season. With Abdullah graduating and Gregory more than likely gone next season I don't see the Huskers turning the corner anytime soon and if anything I see them taking a step back.

I will respectively disagree with that 100%

It's pretty much the same tune and results with this head coach season after season. With Abdullah graduating and Gregory more than likely gone next season I don't see the Huskers turning the corner anytime soon and if anything I see them taking a step back.

I'm sure there will be some offensive dropoff without Abdullah but we should be just fine. We still have Newby, Taylor, Wilbon and possibly KBJ who will all likely see playing time next year. I don't think there will be much defensive dropoff, even with the loss of Gregory. Yes, the line won't likely be as stout but gaining back the starters we lost this year (C-Jax, Rose, Alexander), we will be upgrading the talent at other positions to hopefully keep even keel with where we are now.

If the rest of this season plays out the way we all hope it will, I absolutely think we turn the corner.

• Fire 3

I keep hearing this. People saying that this team feels different. While I bought into that concept after the Miami game, since, I just don't see it. I know I've been a pretty pessimistic sh#t lately but I can't help it. Becuase I'm seeing the same old issues that have plagued this program for 6 years prior to this and I would like someone to explain to me what's different. I'm sorry. I just don't see it.

While my recent angst towards mostly what I believe to be our in-over-his-head OC may be somewhat misplaced, I'm still not satisfied about the play of this team. Yes, I'm happy we win/won. Those of you claiming critics arent happy with a win are just stupid. Plain and simple. But is see things. LOTS of things. And they stem well beyond nitpicking playcalling. I watch Bo's press conference after the game, and it's clearly obvious we still have issues. Bo has not been that visibly upset all season long. I DO NOT SEE US GETTING BETTER. So, i just want to get this out and open it up for discussion. I just wanna know what's different.

When your talking about the "same old issues" I'm assuming your talking about turnovers, penalties, and getting blown out in big games?

Turnovers

Fumbles lost 6 which annualized at 13 games is about 10, the last few years we were at 16, 22, 11, 16

Interceptions 6 also annualized is 10, last few years are 13, 13, 8, 8

Penalties

50 annualized is about 81, the last few years were 77, 88, 86, 109 (BTW the 6.3 per game is within 1 of a range of 33-97 nationally and Michigan is 2nd as far as least penalties a game)

And the National game we played obviously was far better than anything the last few years.

Honestly if you dont see us getting better I don't think you are watching unbiased.

yeah it is penalties and turnovers and such. That's a part of it. But like I said, it is a very VAGUE type of deal. I mean, already this year, which is barely half over, we've already had that major letdown against and inferior opponent, and the big fail on the big stage. For whatever reason I havent really seen anything from an intangible sense-numbers and stats against mediocre-at-best competition aside-that tells me this is the edition that turns the corner.

I feel like a sh#t cuz I cant really find the right words to describe what I mean. I'm doing the best I can.

I'm sure there will be some offensive dropoff without Abdullah but we should be just fine. We still have Newby, Taylor, Wilbon and possibly KBJ who will all likely see playing time next year. I don't think there will be much defensive dropoff, even with the loss of Gregory. Yes, the line won't likely be as stout but gaining back the starters we lost this year (C-Jax, Rose, Alexander), we will be upgrading the talent at other positions to hopefully keep even keel with where we are now.

If the rest of this season plays out the way we all hope it will, I absolutely think we turn the corner.

I respect that you're hopeful but losing Ameer alone is just plain huge. His backups are nowhere near him in terms of skill.