CFB Selection Committee Rankings (Updated 11/11)

Kernal

I dont know why the big ten doesnt offer up home'n'homes with every SEC team out there, win or lose. Then when the SEC denies, run to the press with it. I'm sick of hearing all day about the Big Ten and their weak ass scheduling out of conference, like we're the only once scapegoating like the SEC is scheduling world beaters up and down.

yeah, didn't they run for the hills when oregon wanted to do a home and away with georgia and somebody else in the sec.. they agreed then bailed out.. after all who would teams like the Presbyterian blue hose and tennesee-martin play now!! the powerful, almighty SEC baby, that's who!!!

Yeah ok..we shouldn't move up beating a top 20 playoff ranked team on the road...?? Wisconsin is.#20 not #22 like I keep seeing.

But it's ok for teams like UCLA beating a garbage Colorado team in OT by 3 to jump 7 sports to #11 5 spots ahead of us already having two losses and losing much of the time to Colorado during the game and it taking OT to win? What sense does that make? Explain yourselves ! And let's not even get INTO Georgia...

Honestly the way the rankings have shaken out I have no clue if we will drop or rise after a win this Saturday.

Step away from the ledge.

We got a lot in front of us, including a shot at a Big Ten title. Who knows how it will all shake out but a win this weekend should be a great thing for Husker Nation regardless of what the committee decides to do with it. I think we've still got to appreciate this season for what it has been and still could be and not get too wrapped up in some of the things we can't control. Beating Wisconsin would be badass, especially in their house. I hope we lay it on thick.

• Fire 1

I am rooting for Nebraska. What we have or don't have is our own fault. No one else's. All we can do is hope the team wins out. Nothing more is needed. This team is not a playoff team even if it should somehow end up there. Be in the top 12 (that is realistic) get a good bowl game and build on that. That is a lot to ask of this program. Has not happened in 14 years.

I know we want Nebraska to return to the top. But honestly do any of you truly feel this a NC caliber team? I do not. Top 12 that is possible.

Beating Wisconsin is not going to get Nebraska to the top four. Minnesota will be unranked after this weekend. Iowa not gonna happen.

Be happy we are in the poll and ahead of our normal position.

I am rooting for Nebraska. What we have or don't have is our own fault. No one else's. All we can do is hope the team wins out. Nothing more is needed. This team is not a playoff team even if it should somehow end up there. Be in the top 12 (that is realistic) get a good bowl game and build on that. That is a lot to ask of this program. Has not happened in 14 years.

I know we want Nebraska to return to the top. But honestly do any of you truly feel this a NC caliber team? I do not. Top 12 that is possible.

Beating Wisconsin is not going to get Nebraska to the top four. Minnesota will be unranked after this weekend. Iowa not gonna happen.

Yea as the season has progressed we've kind of continually raised the bar of expectations, which is fine, but we shouldn't at the same time lose the appreciation for what we have accomplished.

That Miami win at night was badass. Illinois got put down like a lightweight. A Northwestern team that usually gives us hell, didn't give us hell. We were down and out against a highly ranked MSU team until a freshman phenom at punt returner named Pierson-El put a spark in this team...AGAIN. Westerkamp has some highlight reel catches. We've had a RB in the Heisman conversation for a majority of the season. We have one loss and a very good chance at ending the regular season with that single loss. We have a good shot at contending for the title again this year.

Not saying dreams of a playoff spot are ridiculous, but it just might be out of reach this year. We got plenty to be happy about though. I hope Saturday goes really well for Nebraska and we don't all of a sudden forget some of the good things.

• Fire 1

Haven't read through the last few days but here are my thoughts on the drop.

I've been on this board for about 7 years, and every single year I hear (and voice my own) complaints about pre-season polls, how they are unfair, how they set up an innate benefit of the doubt for certain teams and should be done away with.

Then we finally get a system where the rankings committee looks at each week as a brand new fresh slate, independent of previous rankings, and everyone gets pissed and loses it. It's slightly understandable, because I don't think we have trained ourselves to think of the rankings on their own terms yet (I've seen a few comments in the thread about "rising and falling", which implies progress from a previous position, and also about "starting off in a better spot next year", as if that early ranking means anything anymore. Personally I think this playoff committee is a breath of seriously fresh air.

Sure, it "hurts" Nebraska for one week (even though it doesn't, really), but it's the right way to do things. If we win this weekend, we will likely jump some of those 7 loss teams, because at that point we will have given more evidence that we are actually a good football team and not just the recipients of a schedule playing deaf and blind schools. Would we beat some of the teams ranked in front of us? Probably. But right now, in week 10, that's not what matters.

What matters is that every single one of those teams has put some kind of tangible visible evidence on the field of being a good football team by beating someone legitimate and we haven't. YET. We will get our shot and our spot in the rankings will reflect what we do with that shot.

Ohio State has beat Michigan State.

Auburn has beat Kansas State, LSU, and Ole Miss.

Ole Miss has beat Alabama.

UCLA has beat Arizona State and Arizona.

Michigan State has beat us.

Kansas State has beat Oklahoma.

Arizona has beat Oregon.

Georgia has beat Clemson.

We have beat Miami, who is not ranked, but after this weekend will be if they beat Florida State, and if we win that will be another ranked win, and our spot in the polls will take care of itself.

This is literally what we have been asking for for years you guys.

• Fire 3

Yea as the season has progressed we've kind of continually raised the bar of expectations, which is fine, but we shouldn't at the same time lose the appreciation for what we have accomplished.

That Miami win at night was badass. Illinois got put down like a lightweight. A Northwestern team that usually gives us hell, didn't give us hell. We were down and out against a highly ranked MSU team until a freshman phenom at punt returner named Pierson-El put a spark in this team...AGAIN. Westerkamp has some highlight reel catches. We've had a RB in the Heisman conversation for a majority of the season. We have one loss and a very good chance at ending the regular season with that single loss. We have a good shot at contending for the title again this year.

Not saying dreams of a playoff spot are ridiculous, but it just might be out of reach this year. We got plenty to be happy about though. I hope Saturday goes really well for Nebraska and we don't all of a sudden forget some of the good things.

Good posts.

No, we probably aren't as good as those top 4-6 teams. But, I believe we could belong in the top ten. I say that because I really don't believe there are dominant teams anywhere in the country this year. All teams have something they struggle with.

GBR!!!!!!

Honestly the way the rankings have shaken out I have no clue if we will drop or rise after a win this Saturday.

We got a lot in front of us, including a shot at a Big Ten title. Who knows how it will all shake out but a win this weekend should be a great thing for Husker Nation regardless of what the committee decides to do with it. I think we've still got to appreciate this season for what it has been and still could be and not get too wrapped up in some of the things we can't control. Beating Wisconsin would be badass, especially in their house. I hope we lay it on thick.

Nowhere near the ledge. Ive put the playoff outta my mind for now. We have three games to win before even thinking about post season.

Im just saying with the way the rankings "start fresh" weekly, I have no clue where will be should we win this weekend. Seeing Ole Miss and LSU that far up there makes me shake my head.

Nowhere near the ledge. Ive put the playoff outta my mind for now. We have three games to win before even thinking about post season.

Im just saying with the way the rankings "start fresh" weekly, I have no clue where will be should we win this weekend. Seeing Ole Miss and LSU that far up there makes me shake my head.

SMH, absolutely no justification for having basically a gauntlet of two loss teams jump us.. freakin nearly have a seriously over ranked 3 loss LSU team about ready to jump us..it's pathetic