Rebuilding the Pipeline

The thing you have to temper the "star factor" on OL recruits with is a realization of what their competition has been. A Rod made his stars knocking snot out of Class B kids who he out-weighed by as much as 100lbs. That counts for zilch when they get to college and find someone nearly or as big as they are across the line from them. So are we recruiting dump trucks and trying to turn them into race cars or recruiting lawn tractors and trying to turn them into bulldozers?

Is this what being "multiple" means? :confucius

Jake Cotton is making all those defenders hurdle him, slowing them just enough to spring Armstrong for the TD.

Based on polo's long-term negative posts trend, I assume he's trying to criticize Jake Cotton. But the image shows that TA has a running lane, and we know that play results in a TD. Maybe polo is trying to say Cotton is doing a good job. Not clear from just an image what the point is.

The talent is there folks. Not just on the offensive-line, but across the entire offense. Our issues go deeper than players & recruiting. Right now our offensive issues come down to two words: PHILOSOPHY & SCHEME.

Nebraska's offense right now is a hodge-podge of different offensive philosophies & schemes. Too often we look like we are doing a grab-bag of plays instead of running an actual system to bait & scheme the defense. We are boom or bust with the inability to consistently sustain long drives when needed, and the inability to gain 1 or 2 yards consistently when needed.

If you want to rebuild the Pipeline I am right there with you. I am all for it, but in order to do so, the Nebraska Cornhuskers offensive philosophy & scheme has to be drastically reviewed & revamped.

• Fire 2

Its tough to build the pipeline without a few anchers each year.

2011 - Reeves & Moore (left)

2012 - Thurston

2013 - Knevel & Finnin (Juco)

2014 - Foster, Farmer & Gates

2015 - Mirko

2016 - Raridon & Brokop

We moved Cotton out & Garrison in. I still think our weight program is an issue. But overall, I expect things to change starting next year as our 2014 class begins to work for playing time.

Don't forget Gaylord/Decker in 2015. Our last couple classes have the potential

Potential & I believe will be good, but I only listed 4-5 star players.

The talent is there folks. Not just on the offensive-line, but across the entire offense. Our issues go deeper than players & recruiting. Right now our offensive issues come down to two words: PHILOSOPHY & SCHEME.

Nebraska's offense right now is a hodge-podge of different offensive philosophies & schemes. Too often we look like we are doing a grab-bag of plays instead of running an actual system to bait & scheme the defense. We are boom or bust with the inability to consistently sustain long drives when needed, and the inability to gain 1 or 2 yards consistently when needed.

If you want to rebuild the Pipeline I am right there with you. I am all for it, but in order to do so, the Nebraska Cornhuskers offensive philosophy & scheme has to be drastically reviewed & revamped.

Not sure this is as black and white as it seems. Osborne has given Pelini input.......this past offseason it was about field position and turnovers. I believe if the philosophy and scheme were that malfunctioned, two things would be true.....1) Osborne would give Pelini that input (they still communicate) and 2) We wouldn't be 8-1 and ranked in the top 15. Oh, and we do have great talent at the skill positions......Abdullah and DPE could well be first team All Americans......but the OL this season, not so much.

Jake Cotton is making all those defenders hurdle him, slowing them just enough to spring Armstrong for the TD.

Based on polo's long-term negative posts trend, I assume he's trying to criticize Jake Cotton. But the image shows that TA has a running lane, and we know that play results in a TD. Maybe polo is trying to say Cotton is doing a good job. Not clear from just an image what the point is.

We watch him every game and most of the time he does not finish blocks. One play does not make him the best option.

He juked an unblocked defender to get into the open field. I think the point of the image is it's hard to block someone when you're laying down flat on your face.

He juked an unblocked defender to get into the open field. I think the point of the image is it's hard to block someone when you're laying down flat on your face.

It is better to be in the right place, good or bad!

Its tough to build the pipeline without a few anchers each year.

2011 - Reeves & Moore (left)

2012 - Thurston

2013 - Knevel & Finnin (Juco)

2014 - Foster, Farmer & Gates

2015 - Mirko

2016 - Raridon & Brokop

We moved Cotton out & Garrison in. I still think our weight program is an issue. But overall, I expect things to change starting next year as our 2014 class begins to work for playing time.

Don't forget Gaylord/Decker in 2015. Our last couple classes have the potential

Potential & I believe will be good, but I only listed 4-5 star players.

Oh gotcha, wasn't sure the criteria. Gaylord is a 4* on 247..but none of the others.

Yeah honestly, the levels gone toward disputing even the most obvious thing I may post is approaching absurdity.

Yeah honestly, the levels gone toward disputing even the most obvious thing I may post is approaching absurdity.

No they haven't.

You mean he juked an "unblocked" defender who is supposed to be unblocked because it's an option play? Strange how the play worked how it's designed to work

• Fire 2

This might be worse than the throwing motion pictures. Polo do you realize what Cotton actually did on that play? He blocked his man (who was lined up play side, so the defender already had an advantage) down the line and when Cotton lost his advantage he cut him, keeping the lane open long enough for Tommy to get through. If you want to critique it, he probably could have waiting just a hair longer to cut.
  • Fire 1