Coaches Poll - Moved up two spots

LSU being ranked above us is a joke.

Why? Their resume is more impressive than ours.

I don't buy that the SEC as being that much better than the other conferences. I mean, Georgia had no business losing to Florida.

2 losses is in no way better than 1 loss.

Because?

They were humiliated on the road in their only game on the road against a ranked team. Both losses were very one sided.

Only win was a close one against a rapidly falling Ole Miss team.

We haven't been humiliated in any of our games.

Won't matter after next week when Bama knocks them out.,

Because?

They were humiliated on the road in their only game on the road against a ranked team. Both losses were very one sided.

Well if it won't matter then I don't see why we need to get worked in a lather over it.

Outside of this board, the consensus is that MSU beat Nebraska soundly. Embarrassing is a sliding scale

Because?

Well if it won't matter then I don't see why we need to get worked in a lather over it.

Outside of this board, the consensus is that MSU beat Nebraska soundly. Embarrassing is a sliding scale

LSU was down 31-7 at the half vs Auburn and lost 41-7

We were down 17-0 at the half vs MSU and lost 27-22. Even without the comeback we only lose 27-3.

Sorry the LSU - AU game was way worse , not even on the same scale.

Not worked up over it, just hate LSU and feel they are only ranked there because of SECspn

Nice to see we moved up, inching closer to that top 10 and I'll take it. Wins are wins, I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any weekend because that keeps us inching towards our goal. Yes, I'm concerned about some of the things I've seen, but we'll either get better at them or we won't. I'm not going to let it ruin my life...........

Nice to see we moved up, inching closer to that top 10 and I'll take it. Wins are wins, I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any weekend because that keeps us inching towards our goal. Yes, I'm concerned about some of the things I've seen, but we'll either get better at them or we won't. I'm not going to let it ruin my life...........

Right there with you BRI.

I've developed a more hands off, easygoing temperament as a fan. I've found it is a heck of a lot less stressful and more enjoyable than worrying about every flaw and shortcoming our team has. Obviously we have quite a few, but every team does. The good teams just find a way to win anyway. I can still discuss them objectively on here without freaking out about it or taking it too seriously, which I very much enjoy.

A good part of the reason I have this attitude may be because I'm busier than in the past and we've only last one game, though... :lol:

• Fire 1

Because?

LOL no, the consensus is most certainly not that. Did you watch the game? Herbstreit and Fowler were gushing over our effort the entire 4th quarter. We dropped only 3-4 spots after losing to them. Please, show me some evidence of people thinking MSU beat us soundly.

Because?

LOL no, the consensus is most certainly not that. Did you watch the game? Herbstreit and Fowler were gushing over our effort the entire 4th quarter. We dropped only 3-4 spots after losing to them. Please, show me some evidence of people thinking MSU beat us soundly.

From an Espn article grading the one loss teams.....

"Nebraska (at Michigan State)

Game Score: 44

Losing 27-22 on the road to the team currently ranked fifth in the USA Today coaches' poll seems like a result that should make the "best losses" list. There are two reasons why the Game Score sees it differently. The first is that Nebraska trailed 17-0 at half and 27-3 after three quarters, so the Cornhuskers didn't challenge Michigan State for most of the game. It was one of the rare instances where a team was basically blown out but almost won in the final minute. The second factor is that Michigan State is currently ranked 16th in FPI, and while the eye test probably disputes that assessment, it means that Nebraska's opponent isn't considered to be as good as most people think. But if the Spartans keep winning, it's hard to believe the selection committee would consider this a bad loss for the Huskers."

There's due credit, but no one with an objective eye saw that as a close game.

Fom an Espn article grading the one loss teams.....

Losing 27-22 on the road to the team currently ranked fifth in the USA Today coaches' poll seems like a result that should make the "best losses" list. There are two reasons why the Game Score sees it differently. The first is that Nebraska trailed 17-0 at half and 27-3 after three quarters, so the Cornhuskers didn't challenge Michigan State for most of the game. It was one of the rare instances where a team was basically blown out but almost won in the final minute. The second factor is that Michigan State is currently ranked 16th in FPI, and while the eye test probably disputes that assessment, it means that Nebraska's opponent isn't considered to be as good as most people think. But if the Spartans keep winning, it's hard to believe the selection committee would consider this a bad loss for the Huskers."

Exactly. We both are being hyperbolic. The game wasn't close for the most part, but we made it very close at the end and had a great chance to win. The article even says it's not likely that loss will be seen as a bad for Nebraska.

The real consensus is we got beat soundly for 3 quarters, but showed up late and made it into a game, and that the game was not a bad loss akin to losses in 2012 (OSU) and 2013 (UCLA, Iowa).

From an Espn article grading the one loss teams.....

Quit reading right here...

• Fire 1

You can tell no one's even considering the Huskers when they never mention the idea that we could (in a way) negate the loss to MSU by beating them. They "know" that MSU would beat us again. I have strong doubts we'll win out, too, but it's something that should be mentioned when writing articles about teams that still have a chance.