What is our second most impressive win?

What is our second most impressive win?

The 4th quarter against Sparty.

Moral victories aside.

That's pretty much it though. Aside from the Miami game, we've basically done what we were supposed to do against average at best teams. After Miami, the 4th Qtr in EL was easily the most impressive thing I've seen from our team all year. If pressed for a whole game, I'd probably have to say NW - dominating the 2nd half after trailing at halftime on the road.

↑ purely biased opinion

Enlighten me on now Nebraska's move to the big ten helped West Virginia make their BCS berths in 2006.

Um never said that Nebraska did anything to help WVU achieve anything as a Big East member 8 years ago.

↑ purely biased opinion

Enlighten me on now Nebraska's move to the big ten helped West Virginia make their BCS berths in 2006.

Um never said that Nebraska did anything to help WVU achieve anything as a Big East member 8 years ago.

Yes you did. You attributed the teams success to Nebraska leaving,which is flipping laughable.

Dude, Polo. Either you are reading WAY too much into my comment or youre trolling me.

I was implying that Baylor, KSU and WVU recent conference success is in large part due to the league losing 4 key members. The quality and quantity both took a hit. If it was still divisional and we stuck around WVU would be in the North with us and I believe teams have a harder time navigating divisional leagues than they do round robin leagues.

Please, PLEASE quote me where I say how Nebraska leaving the Big 12 in 2011 had an impact on WVU succeeding in the Big East in 2006.

• Fire 3

Why does Baylor or Kansas State need two impressive wins? Baylor has a win over a current #6 team with 2 more ranked opponents remaining. KSU has a win over a current #15 team with 2 more ranked opponents remaining. We have absolutely nothing available to boost our resume' outside of Wisconsin. Beat them, and they're out of the top 25. Lose to them and we're in the bottom fifth of the top 25 if not out completely. That all changes if we advance to the B1GCG but quite honestly, I don't believe that's enough to get us in though. ((I don't believe any of the four; TCU, KSU, Baylor, OU will be out of T25 by seasons end))

We have to bolster our OOC schedule. If that means keep an open date every September for a neutral game, so be it. At some point, sacrificing home game revenue becomes a serious topic to explore. And based on our financials at this moment, it wouldn't be that big of a loss, pending what we get paid for a neutral site game. Heck, for 2015, Florida State has two open dates. I would look long and hard at cancelling the South Alabama game on September 12th and scheduling Florida State - in Atlanta, Georgia or whatever "neutral site". Yes, I know we play Miami the following week however, if we want to be in the discussion, we have to do something about it instead of allowing others dictate our situation.

Colorado does nothing for us in 2018 and 2019. Cancel the damn series and be patient with scheduling till the season before. Find out who's hot in the top 10 with plenty of returning starters the following season, make it publicly known we're looking for a premier neutral site location (just like LSU/Wisconsin, FSU/OSU, whatever that September match-up in Atlanta is) and go from there.

/rambling rant

• Fire 2

I'm all for a better OOC slate. Don't back down from anyone. We might lose games, but it won't impact our conference standing and the competition will, I believe, make the team better. It'll also be more fun to watch.

I'm quite skeptical of this college football playoff system now, especially the subjective nature of its selection process. There's always going to some quite accomplished Power 5 conference champion that gets the shaft -- especially because every conference is going to do its utmost to give its top team legitimate candidacy.

• Fire 1

^^^

That's why I believe the four-team format will be short-lived. It took moving heaven and earth to get a playoff. We'll go through a couple of years of this and the hue and cry to expand it to eight teams so fewer "deserving" teams get left out will force an expansion. The $$$ they rake in from TV won't hurt much, either.

• Fire 1

I'm all for a better OOC slate. Don't back down from anyone. We might lose games, but it won't impact our conference standing and the competition will, I believe, make the team better. It'll also be more fun to watch.

I'm quite skeptical of this college football playoff system now, especially the subjective nature of its selection process. There's always going to some quite accomplished Power 5 conference champion that gets the shaft -- especially because every conference is going to do its utmost to give its top team legitimate candidacy.

Huskers OOC schedule is sorta/kinda getting there. At least a little improvement so far.

2015: BYU, South Alabama, at Miami, Southern Miss

2016: Fresno St, Wyoming, Oregon

2017: Oregon, Northern Illinois

^^^That's why I believe the four-team format will be short-lived. It took moving heaven and earth to get a playoff. We'll go through a couple of years of this and the hue and cry to expand it to eight teams so fewer "deserving" teams get left out will force an expansion. The $$$ they rake in from TV won't hurt much, either.

If the format moves to 8 teams, what would be cut to make room for possibly 3 playoff games? Out of conference games? Aren't we moving to 9 conference games soon eliminating one Out of conference game then? I'm just curious as to what might be cut if this went to 8 teams. With everyone wanting their minimum 7 home games, I'm just wondering how the numbers would work.

You'd probably like to know a lot of things I'd wager.

Quite frankly the Big 12 is just as much crap right now as it was when we left it. TCU and West Virgina came from the Mountain West and shambled Big East. They are now both right at the top of the league while OU sits behind them, Texas nudges elbows with ISU and Kansas for rights at the bottom, and Okie Lite is doing god knows what. Baylor......BAYLOR is a conference front runner year in and out now. The Big 12 should be the laughing stock, not the Big Ten. Hopefully that sorts itself out next year.

I mean, every single team you mentioned has been in a BCS bowl more recently than Nebraska.

All those teams got better when Nebraska Missouri Colorado and A&M left and were replaced with a MtnWst team and a dying Big East team. Now magically the Big 12 is better off with less quality AND quantity. Nevermind its two star teams are middle of the pack or worse in conference standings.

I'll take it as a compliment that we had to leave to make all those other teams better.

Here is your Implication that Nebraska's departure made all of these better. I assumed you were referring to BCS bowls, as that was wvu's salad days, but I guess you're free to twist this ridiculous, quite arrogant statement any way you'd like.