*** The Official Wisconsin Badgers Game Discussion Thread ***

We need a two QB system. Armstrong has a rocket but has no touch and can't hit the broad side of a barn.

How do you know, we never throw slants to out TE & RBs. We will never win the big game with Beck calling the plays.

We have two years of same strong failing to make easy passes, overthrowing receivers, etc. TA is costing us this game, not Beck.

Well we were up 17-3 and then the defensive scheme gameplan kind of let us down. Why do we bring a safety into a LB spot and using nickel coverage against a running team. I would think it is ok to do that in addition to 4 lineman, 3 linebackers. 8 guys close to scrimmage to stop the run. Now the pressure is on the offense and keeping Gordon from rushing 400. I just don't get it.

i've been in TA's corner this season due to his experience.. now I'm of a mind that any of the QB's could perform at least this well... 1 of 10 is absolutely unacceptable.. open receivers, and receivers dropping or not catching balls that should be.. what happened to JW the first half, not one thrown his way.. This looks like jr high s__t/ I'd give RF a shot it couldn't b any worse, if that doesn't pan out let JS have a shot. QB play has to be alot better than what TA has shown this season, he can't pass for sh#t, and he isn't that great a runner.. I don't care how athletic he is. I'm tired of watching this talented bunch of Huskers get embarrassed by the likes of an average Wisconsin team..Coaching decisions suck big time..on both sides of the ball.. BP has some tought decisions to make at the end of this season.. We need a real coordinator on both sides to take this team to the next level.. BP may be doing it right, but he isn't a head coach... Pray for second half turn around...GBR

First Half Summary:

I said on the first page of this thread that their were three key x-factors to this game (Offensive Line, Tommy Armstrong, Special Teams & Field Position).

The offensive line did a great job in the 1st quarter with their zone blocking, and Beck was smart to stay with it. I also said that Tommy would have a few key opportunities in the play-action game, but he had to hit them when they were there. He missed Kenny Bell on such a play on the very first drive of the game. The other thing I mentioned that Tommy had to do in this game was know when to throw the ball out of bounds. He has failed in that respect, especially in the 2nd quarter.

Special Teams so far has been average by both teams. The field position battle has been decided mainly by Wisconsin turnovers, which Nebraska has done a decent job of capitalizing on. Unfortunately for Nebraska the field position battle became a moot point in the 2nd quarter due to Wisconsin running power-o with Gordon against terrible defensive fundamentals by Nebraska. We are a good swarming defense, but we like to try to hit opponents rather than make fundamental wrap-up tackles.

Many of us have been saying it for years now, and it still holds true: Nebraska still lacks an identity. When the game bogs down, and you need to hang your hat on your bread & butter plays, what are those plays for Nebraska? For Tim Beck it seems to be air-it-deep on three straight possessions. That's not Nebraska football.

In short: Nebraska STILL does not know how to put away an equal or slightly more talented opponent when we have a lead.

2nd Half Adjustments:

• The defense must wrap-up and win one-on-one tackles.
  • Clog up the middle, and force Gordon to run wide, so that we use the sideline as an extra defender.
  • It's still only a 7 point ball game, so for Nebraska's offense, stick to the zone running game, keep Tommy involved with his legs, and pick your moments to hit the big one in the passing game.

If Gordon is still gashing Nebraska's defenders in the 3rd quarter this game will get out of hand quickly.

As usual, spot on post. NO idea why Beck hasn't down PA. Try to get the ball to Westy. No diamond or 2 back sets. TA was running well, but Beck abandoned it.

DL getting leaned on and tired. Gordon is killing us.....

We have no identity. Wisky does and we are seeing it up close. Down 14 and they lean on the run. A LOT. We go air NU and suck.. I said earlier Beck calls what he WANTS to do. Not what we CAN do.