Coach?

hskerprid

Worst part about potentially being in the market for a new coach. Everyone thinks they are going to hire Jon Gruden. Why not Bill Cowher, amiright?

Why would either want to leave a cushy TV job for 60/70 hours a week in Lincoln Nebraska. In the words of John McEnroe, "You can't be serious!"

T_O_B

Beca

Why not try for Tressel or even Gruden? We have the cash in the coffers....just spitballin here. But I think the Pelini era is done.

use neither of those guys is going to come here

I don't like the idea, but Tressel really wants to coach again in the B1G and was Shawn's #1 pick this time last year to replace Bo.

Dan Mullen is options 1, 2, and 3 for me.

Before someone asks - why would he leave? Very easy ..

SEC West or Big 10 West. You compete against Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, aTm and LSU yearly. Or you come here and compete against Wisconsin, and maybe Iowa when they have a decent season every once in a while. Mullen could easily live in the CCG each and every season.

Young, hungry coach who tirelessly recruits, and embraces the fan base. Would be a 180 from what we have right now.

I like that idea too. Bring the cowbell with ya too while your at it Coach Mullen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Mullen

I would be very interested in him too. Oklahoma is also rumored to be wanting to go in a different direction as they think that their program is stagnet. Or have we already been burned by enough "Ohio" guys? I am just throwing names out there and not saying anything is going to happen.

Head Coach: Craig Bohl - Proven & experienced head coach with multiple national titles to his credit. Knows what kind of system and program he wants to run.

Offensive Coordinator: Scott Frost - Has worked under some of the brightest minds in college football such as Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Parcells, Chip Kelly.

Both understand the fish-bowl, culture, and brand of football that Nebraska fans want.

I think Frost's next move will be a head coach, I don't think he would come here as OC.

If we were to ever make a change here, if we hire another first time guy and his first time assistants I'll be disgusted.

Tressel would be an interesting hire.

Either way, this is one brainwashed mentally beat down team with an us against the world mentality, a resentment for most including their own fans, and it seems a lack of work ethic. It'd be a sincere mess for anyone to fix.

• Fire 1

If we were to ever make a change here, if we hire another first time guy and his first time assistants I'll be disgusted.

Either way, this is one brainwashed mentally beat down team with an us against the world mentality, a resentment for most including their own fans, and it seems a lack of work ethic. It'd be a sincere mess for anyone to fix.

so it's better to leave things broke?? and keep getting blown out every year?

McElwain has a nice resume. Really liked what he did at Alabama as OC and QB's coach. Alabama would be the model to replicate here. Dominate OL, great RB's, physical WR's, and game managing QB. We'd just need to find a kick ass DC too.

Rumor was he would be a candidate at Florida but he is more in our geography.

"Dominate OL" Won't ever have this with the existing OL and S&C coaches. A new OC doesn't solve the problem that our line is fat and soft.

"great RB's" We have always had good if not great RB's but without a line what good are they?

"We'd just need to find a kick ass DC too." Would Pelini ever allow this? I can't imagine that he would, even though this move would allow him to be more of a

HC rather than a side line lunatic. We could also throw in Anger Management class for him.

T_O_B

Lots of teams have an injured starting LB, not many of them give up 400+ to one runningback. It's surprising, but maybe it shouldn't be since I just watched the 2012 CCG last night. Today was basically a replay, and here we are blaming the players again when it's different players, but the same coach.

If only we had Steinkuhler . . .

"An" injured starting MLB is the small issue.....a lack of talent at LB across the board is the bigger issue.

Recruiting, scheming and talent are all responsibilities of Pelini.......so your jab at the coach is not exactly a news flash.

Hey Pelini isn't a big picture guy....I mean he admitted it during the post game presser. Poor roster management poor game management poor adjustments you know the big picture stuff

• Fire 1

McElwain has a nice resume. Really liked what he did at Alabama as OC and QB's coach. Alabama would be the model to replicate here. Dominate OL, great RB's, physical WR's, and game managing QB. We'd just need to find a kick ass DC too.

Rumor was he would be a candidate at Florida but he is more in our geography.

"Dominate OL" Won't ever have this with the existing DL and S&C coaches. A new OC doesn't solve the problem that our line is fat and soft.

"great RB's" We have always had good if not great RB's but without a line what good are they?

"We'd just need to find a kick ass DC too." Would Pelini ever allow this? I can't imagine that he would, even though this move would allow him to be more of a

HC rather than a side line lunatic. We could also throw in Anger Management class for him.

T_O_B

Pelini isn't a HC. He is a now average DC who's schemes are now outdated

• Fire 5

so it's better to leave things broke?? and keep getting blown out every year?

No, and......no.