Coach?

hskerprid

Why not try for Tressel or even Gruden? We have the cash in the coffers....just spitballin here. But I think the Pelini era is done.

Here’s the problem with Gruden. Here are his last six seaons in coaching:

7-9

5-11

11-5

4-12

9-7

9-7

One good season in six. Gruden is clearly a product of hype. Would not want him. Would substantially prefer Bill Cowher.

I can't believe people even throw out Gruden's name anymore, or Cowher. That bs was in full swing in 2003.

First of all its pointless to discuss unless there is even a hint that Bo is leaving, which there isn't yet. Second, lets at least be realistic with the coaching choices. The only realistic choice I've seen thrown around is Scott Frost, and I understand the issue with not wanting another rookie head coach.

I think others' suggestions like Jim McElwain, Craig Bohl, & Joe Moglia are realistic choices.

Why not try for Tressel or even Gruden? We have the cash in the coffers....just spitballin here. But I think the Pelini era is done.

7-9

5-11

11-5

4-12

9-7

9-7

One good season in six. Gruden is clearly a product of hype. Would not want him. Would substantially prefer Bill Cowher.

I can't believe people even throw out Gruden's name anymore, or Cowher. That bs was in full swing in 2003.

First of all its pointless to discuss unless there is even a hint that Bo is leaving, which there isn't yet. Second, lets at least be realistic with the coaching choices. The only realistic choice I've seen thrown around is Scott Frost, and I understand the issue with not wanting another rookie head coach.

I think others' suggestions like Jim McElwain, Craig Bohl, & Joe Moglia are realistic choices.

Moglia is 65, so to me that's not a realistic choice. Bohl I can see, but the first horrible defenses I witnessed by Nebraska were coached by Bohl. I was younger too so I just have bad memories of the guy. Clearly he's a better head coach...still think it's a long shot.

McElwain is an interesting choice. He has CSU playing good ball...

Would we take another CSU coach and have it work out magically like it did for BBall?

Head Coach: Craig Bohl - Proven & experienced head coach with multiple national titles to his credit. Knows what kind of system and program he wants to run.

Offensive Coordinator: Scott Frost - Has worked under some of the brightest minds in college football such as Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Parcells, Chip Kelly.

Both understand the fish-bowl, culture, and brand of football that Nebraska fans want.

they run completely different systems

Head Coach: Craig Bohl - Proven & experienced head coach with multiple national titles to his credit. Knows what kind of system and program he wants to run.

Offensive Coordinator: Scott Frost - Has worked under some of the brightest minds in college football such as Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Parcells, Chip Kelly.

Both understand the fish-bowl, culture, and brand of football that Nebraska fans want.

Why would Frost take a lateral job? He's got it good here with the California recruits and less pressure than he would have there.

• Fire 1

If there was someone out there like Urban Myer. You know, I feel like we could lure in a top-tier coach from the SEC. Because, it's tough to make a NC game in their conf. Too much competition. If they came here (and kept recruiting) they could compete for conf/NC more often.

Remember urban said there was no way he was going to a school who just fired a coach that won nine games.

Question: One last Nebraska question — in late 2003, NU fired its coach, Frank Solich. You were coaching at Utah. Was there any part of you that perhaps thought about looking at the job?

Urban Meyer: “We actually were contacted by a third party. Not directly. I remember thinking about it. I had such great respect for Solich — he's an Ohio guy who's a good friend of mine — and I didn't agree with everything that went down. He won 10 games that year, right? That was alarming to me. I'm a coach, and whenever I see that happening to a coach, I think there's got to be something behind Door No. 1 to fire him after he won 10 games. I remember having great respect for the school but being concerned about what happened — and why it happened. If 10 games isn't good enough, I'm not sure what is.

Totally different situation in my opinion. Bo keeps getting to that 9 win mark, but he also keeps getting blown out in nationally televised games. 0-7 against ranked opponents speaks volumes.

Why would Frost take a lateral job? He's got it good here with the California recruits and less pressure than he would have there.

Agree.

McElwain has a nice resume. Really liked what he did at Alabama as OC and QB's coach. Alabama would be the model to replicate here. Dominate OL, great RB's, physical WR's, and game managing QB. We'd just need to find a kick ass DC too.

Rumor was he would be a candidate at Florida but he is more in our geography.

7-9

5-11

11-5

4-12

9-7

9-7

If we absolutely couldn't get a proven head coach to come do you really think scott could not match pelinis record!!!!! With the teams we schedule One of the main attributes for a coach is to be intelligent and adaptable, mister pelini is neither by a long shot

Frank was fired for more reasons than losing games

Meyer said no about Nebraska, but was on his way to his dream job, Notre Dame, did the interview, the only job he ever wanted. Flew to Gainsville, saw the talent and signed with Florida. Took an Ohio State job loaded with talent.

Good coach, smart coach and wanted talent over his life time goal of coaching at Notre Dame.

Honesty, loyalty may not be his strongest suite.

I really have no idea on who would be a great head coach. Not sure Bo can not be, but this program took a terrible hit tonight. This will be talked about for years and years to come. Much worse than the CCG.

Bo is a proud man, a honest man. It would not surprise me to hear him say he has had enough. He has to realize he is in over his head. I actually felt sorry for him tonight, he looked like a deer in the head lights, lost, no answer, no idea, no plan, no correction. I would guess he will be questioning himself a lot in the next few days.

But one thing I do not want under any circumstance is a team lead by a newbie for any reason.

7-9

5-11

11-5

4-12

9-7

9-7

If we absolutely couldn't get a proven head coach to come do you really think scott could not match pelinis record!!!!! With the teams we schedule One of the main attributes for a coach is to be intelligent and adaptable, mister pelini is neither by a long shot

Matching Pelini's record would not be the goal in replacing him.....it would be to better it. Though seeing Frost roasted on this board after a loss would be interesting........

What about Scott Frost?

First time head coach that drives the fans to points of no return replaced by a first time coach that has won nothing. Is it because he wore a Jersey here once????
I think teams get too hung up on trying to hire a coach who is "different" than the last guy, and they don't worry enough about finding the right guy. That's how Michigan ends up with Hoke.

Not saying Scott Frost should be the guy, but we shouldn't rule out first time HCs just because Pelini was one. Osborne was also a first time head coach when he took the job.

Also, the "first time head coach" thing doesn't really seem like a good discription of what Pelini is. Sure, he's only had the one job, but he's a seasoned veteran head coach. Being a first time head coach is not why today happened.