Coach?

hskerprid

We gotta get over this notion that it'd be like 2003 again. This is a concept that I've flipped on as well over the last year. In 2003 we looked like that little 5 year old throwin a hissy fit on Christmas morning. Played for a national championship (debateable that we shoulda been there, I know. But nonetheless....). Had one bad year. Overhauled the staff. Improved to a 9 win season. CONSIDERABLE improvements made to a bad defense. Then gone. Obviously there are speculative behind the scenes issues and so one, but for the sake of this discussion, we were a laughing stock for firing a 9 win coach. But the program had crashed some.

The difference now is Bo has come in and made some pretty quick improvements. But games like today keep happening. And even our wins, blowout wins against bad teams, are riddled with sloppiness and things that make fans facepalm. It's 7th year is almost in the book now, and the best was still year 2. And it's pretty inarguable that there's been an influx of a considerable talent upgrade the last couple years.

Also in 2004 things like facilities and such had fallen rather behind. But where are they now? Our facilities are top notch.

Personally, I think this program is something that possibly anyone would wanna take over right now, excluding the obvious ridiculous names like Saban, Cowher, Gruden etc.

Just my thoughts. I respect Bo as a man, but as a head football coach of Nebraska, he's pretty much stuck the last knife in my heart. I'm just ready to move on at this point.

Can we grow another Tom Osborne in the lab before the start of next season?

If I recall correctly in Star Wars the clones aged at twice the rate of a normal human. I bet by now the technology is better. Maybe we could clone Osborne, get the rate to 10 times the normal rate, and figure out how to stop it once he turns 18. So if he's born today, he'll be old enough to coach within 1.8 years and then we'd have him for the next 40+.

I actually felt sorry for him tonight, he looked like a deer in the head lights, lost, no answer, no idea, no plan, no correction. I would guess he will be questioning himself a lot in the next few days.

I think Pelini knows more than you're giving him credit for, and I believe the AD and boosters are very much aware. In the post game presser, Pelini gave some insight.........

Being a head coach in today's game is about being a CEO and not necessarily being a brilliant X's and O's guy. Its a big reason why Bohl is a better head coach than a DC, or why Moglia can come in with next to no coaching experience and get a program moving in a hurry.

So much this. Which is why I question his "CEO" acumen when he has to micromanage the punt return team after giving the special teams coordinator a raise, for example.
  • Fire 1

I'm not done with Bo quite yet, unless he refuses to fire Dumb and Dumber, but lets say he is done. He is one of my least favorite coaches of all time but what about Mack Brown? Hire him, hire Frost as OC, and hire a well established DC, let Mack get us going in recruiting and grooming a future HC and after a few years when he finally turns 92, he can hand the reigns off to a Coordinator to. I would love McEwain, but he seems to be bound for the SEC at some point.

I actually felt sorry for him tonight, he looked like a deer in the head lights, lost, no answer, no idea, no plan, no correction. I would guess he will be questioning himself a lot in the next few days.

I think Pelini knows more than you're giving him credit for, and I believe the AD and boosters are very much aware. In the post game presser, Pelini gave some insight.........

what insight? I simply asking. But to me, Bo didnt look angry at the presser. He looked defeated. I mean, seriously this time. Like he just doesnt know what to do anymore. This keeps happening. And so on. I thought he was gonna cry.

what insight? I simply asking. But to me, Bo didnt look angry at the presser. He looked defeated. I mean, seriously this time. Like he just doesnt know what to do anymore. This keeps happening. And so on. I thought he was gonna cry.

Listen carefully to Pelini's comments about the offense. I believe he thought we'd be ok on that side of the ball.....but he knows we're not. Our offensive line is horrendous.....not a single All B1G performer, not even close.

Being a head coach in today's game is about being a CEO and not necessarily being a brilliant X's and O's guy. Its a big reason why Bohl is a better head coach than a DC, or why Moglia can come in with next to no coaching experience and get a program moving in a hurry.

The more I keep thinking about it. The more Craig Bohl coming to Nebraska sounds attractive. We would keep Ron Brown too, obviously...then clean house otherwise.

Listen carefully to Pelini's comments about the offense. I believe he thought we'd be ok on that side of the ball.....but he knows we're not. Our offensive line is horrendous.....not a single All B1G performer, not even close.

Well we're not exactly any good on the defensive front seven either right now. If we can stop Wisconsin, we're never gettin out of this division. There's issues there too. This wasnt some anomoly today. Wisconsin owns us with the most simple basic football there is. And they dont even out talent us. That's the sick part.

• Fire 1

We've seen him look like this before in recent years. He doesn't have any answers but will keep trudging on at $3+ mill per year.

Well we're not exactly any good on the defensive front seven either right now.

Very much a LB issue, which we knew coming into the season. Did we not? It's why we pay so much attention to updates on Michael Rose-Ivey, Jaevon Walton and Marcus Newby....among others. Pelini specifically mentioned the 2nd level of defense in the post game presser. These things are not surprising.

Lots of teams have an injured starting LB, not many of them give up 400+ to one runningback. It's surprising, but maybe it shouldn't be since I just watched the 2012 CCG last night. Today was basically a replay, and here we are blaming the players again when it's different players, but the same coach.

If only we had Steinkuhler . . .

• Fire 1