Coach?

hskerprid

I am ready to give Frost a shot---but here is how you do it. You hire someone, oh, say Jim Tressel as head coach---and you hire Frost as the OC/assistant head coach and you find the best DC money can buy. You do this with the understanding that the Head Coach is only going to coach a few years (2-3) with Frost learning the ropes and then stepping into the position.

(Does not have to be Tressel--just someone older, available, with maybe something left to prove)

Frost is a winner, pure and simple and I dont think he would move from a top five program to the same position at another school unless there was a clear and promised path to the HC position.

Everytime I see JP on the sidelines--he just looks lost--dont know the man, but he just looks confused and idiotic---every single time the camera is on him.

I like Bo, have been rooting for Bo and I will ALWAYS root for BO----but its like when you are dating that one girl---been seeing her for awhile--and its time to move on---she just aint the one and you cant change.

Bo's downfall has been and always will be the un-willingness to hire staff that may be a lot better at specific things than he is.

Its time

Would it be a lateral move if Frost was given the title: offensive coordinator/assistant head coach and given a pretty big pay raise? Knowing he'd be the head coach in waiting? Sounds like a move up to me.

Hmm I like the sound of that a lot

I don't because who is he going to be learning from? The same guy who can't figure out why his teams fail miserably every time they play a team with a heartbeat. Just say no to inexperienced HC's. I am ok as an OC, but not as a HC, not until he goes somewhere else to learn how to be a HC.

This whole Tressel/frost thing is intriguing to me. And my dads been saying this for 5 years now. Bring in an older experienced guy to get us over the hump. Get us a conference title or two, then leave the rolling train to a young buck. Tressel could do that. The guy isnt really that bad of a person is he? Jesus, I think his one little boo boo-which today would probably just be ignored with all the other bullsh#t going on in college football-covers up a lot of good he probably did. He was a god before that. And he won like 8 big ten titles in 10 years. LOL. And I would bet Tress is standing by waiting for an opportunity to correct his legacy as a head coach. And all his sweater vests are already the right color.

Then you'd have Frost, a branch off the following trees...

Chip Kelly

Tom Osborne

Bill Walsh

Bill Parcells

Jim Tressel

If you make a list of the top 50 football minds in the history of the game, I would bet all 5 of them would be on it.

Would it be a lateral move if Frost was given the title: offensive coordinator/assistant head coach and given a pretty big pay raise? Knowing he'd be the head coach in waiting? Sounds like a move up to me.

Hmm I like the sound of that a lot
Your HC wouldn't like having the next guy in line right next to him

I understand that, unless it's a guy like tressel, who is looking for an opportunity to coach somewhere, but realistically, is someone we probably wouldn't be able to keep in lincoln for too long before he moves on anyway. Or even an older coach, looking for one last shot at glory. There are ways to find a good hc who would understand the circumstances.

• Fire 1

So we will be competing with Michigan and Florida. Much better than Texas and USC last year. I think we have to make the move this year, and start making contacts now.

I really believe this isn't going to work.

I truly beleive that as nasty as it got last year, and even Bo himself assuming he was done, the contacts and plan has been in place since. I think that's why the trigger wasnt pulled then. Not enough support from folks who matter and lack of a plan at the time.

Bo needed to make it to Indy to be retained after this season IMO

Im pretty sure I agreed with this sentiment before the season when it was stated from someone else. I truly thought after all the stuff at the end of last year he had to show some considerable progress and improvement in many facets to be retained beyond 2014. While he has in some areas, 15-25 point sloppy wins over Illinois, Northwestern Rutgers, and Purdue have covered up to some that not a damn thing has improved.

I really look forward to the SharpBenning show monday. Benning always seems to have some really good insight and understands a lot about the game and the program. His take will be very interesting.

I'm on the Tressel-Frost team concept as long as the DC is a big name. Muschamp knows he's in over his head and is stepping down. Some people are not meant to sit in the big chair and are destined to be a department manager not a CEO. Bo is a manager plain and simple.

We need to bring in a CEO to run the departments and make a team.