Coach?

hskerprid

If there was someone out there like Urban Myer. You know, I feel like we could lure in a top-tier coach from the SEC. Because, it's tough to make a NC game in their conf. Too much competition. If they came here (and kept recruiting) they could compete for conf/NC more often.

Remember urban said there was no way he was going to a school who just fired a coach that won nine games.

• Fire 2

If there was someone out there like Urban Myer. You know, I feel like we could lure in a top-tier coach from the SEC. Because, it's tough to make a NC game in their conf. Too much competition. If they came here (and kept recruiting) they could compete for conf/NC more often.

Remember urban said there was no way he was going to a school who just fired a coach that won nine games.

True, but I would have to think that people are smart enough to understand why he would be fired. We are a laughing stock, even at 9 wins. Everyone sees us get em abased on national tv every time. People now expect it, it's our Mo under Bo. A new coach would understand that

• Fire 1

Head Coach: Craig Bohl - Proven & experienced head coach with multiple national titles to his credit. Knows what kind of system and program he wants to run.

Offensive Coordinator: Scott Frost - Has worked under some of the brightest minds in college football such as Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Parcells, Chip Kelly.

Both understand the fish-bowl, culture, and brand of football that Nebraska fans want.

• Fire 3

True, but I would have to think that people are smart enough to understand why he would be fired. We are a laughing stock, even at 9 wins. Everyone sees us get em abased on national tv every time. People now expect it, it's our Mo under Bo. A new coach would understand that

I don't think so. Assuming the coach is rational, this is where the school offers a big buyout and the HC steps down citing "Personal Reasons". Everyone wins and NU starts a new coaching search. Problem is, neither Bo Pelini, NU AD, nor Husker fans are rational enough to get this done...

Would Bohol come back though?

For the head coaching position, and a chance to revive the program...yes I think he would. He has said in multiple interviews at different times how much he idolizes Tom Osborne. He knows how much the Nebraska football program means to Osborne. Think what it would mean to Coach Bohl to return the program to it's former glory like it used to enjoy under Osborne.

Also I believe Coach Bohl still has family that live in Lincoln.

• Fire 1

Question: One last Nebraska question — in late 2003, NU fired its coach, Frank Solich. You were coaching at Utah. Was there any part of you that perhaps thought about looking at the job?

Urban Meyer: “We actually were contacted by a third party. Not directly. I remember thinking about it. I had such great respect for Solich — he's an Ohio guy who's a good friend of mine — and I didn't agree with everything that went down. He won 10 games that year, right? That was alarming to me. I'm a coach, and whenever I see that happening to a coach, I think there's got to be something behind Door No. 1 to fire him after he won 10 games. I remember having great respect for the school but being concerned about what happened — and why it happened. If 10 games isn't good enough, I'm not sure what is.

Same could be said of that last year under Frank though biggest difference, Frank was coming off a 500 season the year prior. Not a run of 9/10 wins