"Contrary to what you guys think, I haven't forgotten how to coach defense and how to stop the run."

Oh man. Bo set it up for himself the moment he uttered those words. No matter how many years go by, it'll always come back to him when the opportunity arises.

Ironically, if he'd been right when he said what he said, he'd never have to have that quote thrown back in his face.

Well, I don't think Bo was wrong strictly about what he said.

But I mean, you coach long enough, there will always be these kinds of days. And you'll rightly deserve getting that thrown back in your face.

It's too bad, because in all honesty this quote was from a different era, more combative and tense with fans version of Bo.

I do have to say though, I really didn't think this was remotely possible from Wisconsin this year. Ugh.

Oh he was absolutely wrong.

When Bo gets blown out by Wisconsin, in the post-game presser he's all, "This is just one football game. We've won a lot of football games."

When Bo eeks out a close win against Wisconsin, in the post-game presser he's all, "I TOLD YOU I CAN F'ING COACH DEFENSE!!!"

He can't have it both ways.

• Fire 1

Oh man. Bo set it up for himself the moment he uttered those words. No matter how many years go by, it'll always come back to him when the opportunity arises.

Ironically, if he'd been right when he said what he said, he'd never have to have that quote thrown back in his face.

But I mean, you coach long enough, there will always be these kinds of days. And you'll rightly deserve getting that thrown back in your face.

It's too bad, because in all honesty this quote was from a different era, more combative and tense with fans version of Bo.

I do have to say though, I really didn't think this was remotely possible from Wisconsin this year. Ugh.

"Always be these kind of days." What are you smokin? There has never been this kind of day. He set a record and only needed 75% of the game to do it.

• Fire 5

"Always be these kind of days." What are you smokin? There has never been this kind of day. He set a record and only needed 75% of the game to do it.

Well to be fair, Bo is responsible for quite a few days like this. Maybe not exactly the NC double f'ing A single game rushing record but, it does seem to be some sort of record breaking event once or twice per year with Pelini.

"But I mean, you coach long enough, there will always be these kinds of days."

L. O. L. Wow. Just...wow. Did you even watch this game? Coach long enough and there will always be these kinds of days? Pretty sure there are 127 coaches I can think of who are coaching right now at the FBS level, many of whom that have coached longer than Bo, who have absolutely NOT EVER HAD "these kinds of days" seeing as how we gave up an FBS record 408 yards rushing at 16.3 yards an attempt.

And Bo has had a whole lot of "these kinds of days," as you seem to define them (although nothing that is quite on the level of what happened today) during his 7 year head coaching tenure.

A quote "from a different era," a different era, indeed...a whopping whole 2 years ago.

If you coach long enough these games happen? For 15 years no one has hit 400+ yards in a game. 120+ teams play a minimum of 12 games each season many against completely inferior competition yet you don't see Wisconsin running for 400+ against directional state. Nope against our piss poor team. We have played 2 ranked teams and have lost both. If not for us pulling a rabbit out of our hat to make the MSU game competitive we would have lost much more handedly
  • Fire 1

This is pelini's "I'm doing an excellent job in every area"

Did anyone notice Cotton's quote? "Anytime you play a talented group like Wisconsin, it's kind of hard to steal the momentum back."

That shows that as soon as Wisconsin showed a little success this team captain was already mentally defeated. It showed on the field as our players quit.

Our team still doesn't believe in itself and that's a coaching issue. One of those "big picture" items Pelini, head coach, paid huge $$, doesn't pay attention to by his own admission.

• Fire 1

HuskerTex, that's also an area where Sports Psychology comes into play, and was a very overlooked piece behind our 1990s NC runs. Obviously what they have now isn't getting the job done.

---

As for the main topic, this isn't the defense's fault; I lay this squarely at the feet of the offense that was unable to sustain drives.

Bo does know how to coach defense, and we've seen it. But when the offense is constantly put in a position to fail, that negativity seeps into the other facets of the game, and then we get the massive give-up by the D seen last night.

HuskerTex, that's also an area where Sports Psychology comes into play, and was a very overlooked piece behind our 1990s NC runs. Obviously what they have now isn't getting the job done.

---

As for the main topic, this isn't the defense's fault; I lay this squarely at the feet of the offense that was unable to sustain drives.

Bo does know how to coach defense, and we've seen it. But when the offense is constantly put in a position to fail, that negativity seeps into the other facets of the game, and then we get the massive give-up by the D seen last night.

Giving up almost what? 600 yards rushing to Wisky is the defenses fault. You can give some of the blame to the offense but not 600+ yards worth.