True Talent Level ?

Comish

Aside from the obligatory “Fire Bo/ Keep Bo” and/or Fire Coordinators/ Don’t Fire Co’s firestorm certain to rage throughout the remainder of the season, where (exactly) do you think we are in terms of truly elite talent?

Even though we are told continually that we have tremendous talent (and the proverbial “upside”); I would argue that we have minimal “Elite” talent, given available resources.

Randy; Ameer, Gerry and possibly Malic.

Regardless of scheme, coaching or anything else, yesterday exposed the remainder of the roster as good but not great. You CAN win with that formula IF you have scheme/coaching and chemistry, but not without.

I believe we are improving in recruiting and will have a higher level of talent infused in the program, but will it be high enough?

Honestly….unsure.

I would argue that our talent level was equal to Wisconsin except they were far superior at LB. We are constantly hindered by Bo's system on D.

Wisconsin was far superior at two position groups we are extremely weak at. One is LB, the other is OL. Our OL is horrendous.
I'll agree with that too

You can't tell me that NEBs D that got gashed in 2012 is better than the 2014 defense?...The Dline alone could all go in the first 3 rounds in the upcoming years. We haven't seen a good safety since Gerry. Talent isn't the main issue anymore, not close IMO. It's a coaching issue...Plain and simple...from preparation to in game adjustments to managing the team as a whole.

We've seen this song and dance one too many times now fellas. This game was an complete embarrassment, as was the UCLA game last year, as was the 2012 CCG. I'm sorry...I've given this staff the benefit of the doubt, honestly thought that the talent and leadership on the team would mask the coaching issues, but I was wrong. Wiscy exposed Neb today, just like other prennenial top 25 teams have done under Pelini.

I feel bad for the fans that traveled to Madison to see that atrocity, but most significantly....I feel bad for the players. This staff isn't setting up this team for success....Pelini won't win anything of significance with this staff. And honestly, it's probably time Bo goes as well. The rest of the season may tell us if Bo stays or goes...we'll see.

No I think our talent level is right there with everyone this year. I also havent been overly impressed by any team this year. Too bad we couldnt utilize it when the top was ripe for the picking.

I hate Wisconsin.

Talent is right there with everyone this year? We were blown out of the water by MSU for almost 4 quarters, Wisconsin smoked us, and we barely sneaked out a win against a FCS school. The talent is NOT there. Did you see the tackling yesterday? Did you see the pursuit angles yesterday? Nebraska has a few good players (Abdullah and Gregory) and the rest are pretty average.

I whole heartedly disagree with your statement regarding talent.

No I think our talent level is right there with everyone this year. I also havent been overly impressed by any team this year. Too bad we couldnt utilize it when the top was ripe for the picking.

I hate Wisconsin.

Talent is right there with everyone this year? We were blown out of the water by MSU for almost 4 quarters, Wisconsin smoked us, and we barely sneaked out a win against a FCS school. The talent is NOT there. Did you see the tackling yesterday? Did you see the pursuit angles yesterday? Nebraska has a few good players (Abdullah and Gregory) and the rest are pretty average.

Disagree all you want. We have talent out the wazuu. What we lack is confidence, attitude and coaching.

• Fire 7

I hate Wisconsin.

Disagree all you want. We have talent out the wazuu. What we lack is confidence, attitude and coaching.

And what talent is that? Please show me talent on defense outside of Gregory? Tommie Armstrong capable of winning a National Championship?

You are seriously delusional if you think this team has the TALENT to win prime time games. Did you watch the game yesterday? Did you watch the MSU game? We do not have the talent to compete at that level and haven't for sometime.

Get out of the 90's. This is reality. We are AVERAGE!

I hate Wisconsin.

All those things you just listed are coaching related not talent related.

Talent isn't the main issue anymore, not close IMO.

If this were true, you would not have seen it become the absolute #1 focus two years ago......including Eichorst going to bat last year for additional $$$ dedicated to it including the private plane arrangement.
Recruiting is very important and I think many people can agree, there's been plenty of talent upgrades in the past few years now. Regardless of talent, the same systemic issues are occuring...hell, NEB hasn't seen a safety like Gerry since OHanlon...the Dline could all easily go pro in a few years...they still got the edge on Neb...time and time again. You cant tell me that Wiscy doesn't match up well across the board, specifically NEBS Dline vs. The Wiscy oline.

Difference between Neb and Wiscy/MSU: better coaching in the facets of preparation, in game adjustments, fundamentals, and putting your players in situations where they can succeed and thrive.

I hate Wisconsin.

All those things you just listed are coaching related not talent related.

You cannot blame it all on the coach. At a certain point the players have to play and compete. Papuchis and Bo are a large part of the problem, but the players we have and have had are simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH!