Bo cuts off thumb, points fingers instead.

NUpolo8

8-4 with this schedule/conference is the same as 5-7.

Well to be fair, we did play 2 top 10 teams that year and another 2 top 20 teams. USC was #1 when we played them. I think our schedule this year is quite a bit easier personally.

Agree with both of you.

I guess my point was that the reason this frustration is reaching a fever pitch is because it's likely we'll get at least one of the next two. If so, we hit the nine win mark, which although is relatively pointless to us all at this point will rationally probably seem to hold a fair bit of sway with Eichorst.

Bo has hit his peak, which is really more like a sustained plateau. I personally would take David Shaw. But that's just me.

In.

A.

Heartbeat.

I think that guy can coach, lights out. He's just having a pretty bad year this year. Three of his losses have come by 3 points a piece.

• Fire 1

Well to be fair, we did play 2 top 10 teams that year and another 2 top 20 teams. USC was #1 when we played them. I think our schedule this year is quite a bit easier personally.

Agree with both of you.

I guess my point was that the reason this frustration is reaching a fever pitch is because it's likely we'll get at least one of the next two. If so, we hit the nine win mark, which although is relatively pointless to us all at this point will rationally probably seem to hold a fair bit of sway with Eichorst.

Bo has hit his peak, which is really more like a sustained plateau. I personally would take David Shaw. But that's just me.

If Shaw is get table they should move heaven and earth to get him.

Doesn't he already have five losses this year, including two beatdowns? He is going to have to beat lowly Cal or #11 UCLA just to become bowl eligible. That might be a tough sell to boosters.

Agree with both of you.

Could the 5-5 record thus far in Year 4 indicate a weakness in recruiting?

Doesn't he already have five losses this year, including two beatdowns? He is going to have to beat lowly Cal or #11 UCLA just to become bowl eligible. That might be a tough sell to boosters.
He's been in a tough slog this year, yes. But man, I think his pedigree and past success speaks for itself. Including Rose Bowl wins and recruiting.

I also don't think he'll leave. But I'd try.

Shaw lost three games by a combined nine points, my friend. Only team he got manhandled against was the #5 team in the country at the time (who's number he's had over the last few years).

P.S. - All 3 games were ranked opponents at the time, as well.

Agree with both of you.

Recruiting to Stanford has to be tough. I bet if you combined all the starters at Ole Miss SAT scores they still wouldn't qualify

• Fire 4

Shaw lost three games by a combined nine points, my friend. Only team he got manhandled against was the #5 team in the country at the time (who's number he's had over the last few years).

You forgot the Arizona State game, where they were also handled pretty easily.

He's been in a tough slog this year, yes. But man, I think his pedigree and past success speaks for itself. Including Rose Bowl wins and recruiting.

I don't disagree with you, I like Shaw. I just think it would be a tough sell. Trying to convince boosters that we should fire this guy who had two ugly losses and hire this guy who had two ugly losses (and three more).

Agree with both of you.

Recruiting to Stanford has to be tough. I bet if you combined all the starters at Ole Miss SAT scores they still wouldn't qualify

Ha! Good point!

This is a man who has no answers.

My favorite is:

National perception of Nebraska football? "Better than it is locally," Bo Pelini said.

This statement is wrong on so many levels...first of all Bo the perception of Nebraska is worse Nationally than locally...case in point...

We're freaking out about how embarrassing this is. Everything I've seen in the media has not been "OMG Gordon did this to who? Nebraska? No way!" It's been "Gordon breaks record! Amazing." I'm seeing casual mention of who it was against and little shock. Bo has set a standard of ugly wins being the norm and the rest of the college football world isn't blind to it. They were chuckling about it on the radio about how now that Missouri and Nebraska are gone from the Big12 they hardly know what's going on with them except when stuff like giving up the most yards ever happens.

Second...STOP TAKING POTSHOTS AT THE FANS!!!!! It's getting old having to prove to Bo fricken Pelini that we are supportive of the program when most of us were alive for the Callahan years and have been selling out the damn stadium since the 60's! Go coach in the Mountain West if you want to be loved for producing 9 average wins a year. These aren't Tom Osborne losses when you come out undisciplined over and over again.

It's hard to support the guy after all these losses. It's impossible when he acts so petty and childish. You're making 3 million a year! Criticism is part of why you are paid so much. It's not an easy job. I'm done. That's all I wanted to say. Just so frustrated with his attitude.

• Fire 2

My take away from the press conference revolves around consistency and predictability.

He talked about how the players are feeling pressure to "WIN" and because of that, we are trying too hard and failing. He says he tells the guys that in order to win games you must do your job every time. It's not about doing the spectacular, Bo tells them. It's about doing your job, consistently, play after play. A lot of people talk about how players would run through a wall for this guy. The love his fire and passion. And yet they're obviously not listening. Play each play. Do your job. Be consistent. He is saying those things. And none of it is sticking.

Secondly, on predictability, he talks in the presser about how certain plays that worked in practice didn't work in the game. Kind of hard to build a game plan and have a good week of practice without predictability. When you are working during the week, you want to spend more times on trouble areas than you do on those items where your team has demonstrated proficiency. According to Bo, we are struggling on plays that the guys seem to demonstrate proficiency in executing during the week. So what do you do in practice, give extra time to trouble areas, or treat everything the same and neglect those trouble areas because you don't have confidence the guys will repeat what they do on the practice field come game time?

You forgot the Arizona State game, where they were also handled pretty easily.

I don't disagree with you, I like Shaw. I just think it would be a tough sell. Trying to convince boosters that we should fire this guy who had two ugly losses and hire this guy who had two ugly losses (and three more).

I like Shaw too, but if the knock on Pelini is that he only had success with the previous coach's recruits, and only wins games against the redheaded step-children while losing anything that matters, then how do you argue for Shaw?

They've had a brutal schedule, but the 5 teams they've played that are good, they've lost to. The 5 lousy teams they've beat. Then again, the Pac 12 kind of defines football parity. Idk.

He's been there 4 years, and coincidentally the first three (with Harbaugh players) were really damn good.

• Fire 1