Kenny Bell Speaks Up

Bo just needs a change of scenery. That's the conclusion I've come to. He's not irresponsible enough to just quit. He's not going to enjoy his job here because he's still holding a grudge against the fans of Nebraska and our unreasonable expectations.

Yep, the place with five national championships and multiple conference championships has unreasonable expectations - with the guy who's getting over $3 mil a year , :laughpound:laughpound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KgAilTTZnQ

I don't think frustrated fans on here have let Bo's inability to coach take over their identity. It doesn't have to be one extreme or another. But, I would say that most people have interests and passions in life, and for some, that is Husker football. It's not going to replace other focuses such as your job, children, sick parents, or whatever may be going on in your life personally, but it does help to provide an outlet and community outside of one's day to day routine. Many Nebraska fans don't stop being fans when the bowl game ends in January (like other programs). They follow recruiting into February, then the spring game, the summer Big Red Weekends, etc... Why? Because they have a passion for the game, and when the game and team they love so much is not being managed well, and the program's reputation is a joke to many with a head coach that cannot control himself or his team, it's ok for fans to be riled up and to call out those who are not doing their job. Nobody expects perfection, but we do expect a coach that has his team both physically and mentally tough so they are able to maximize their potential and not have the all too familiar blowout losses that has signified the Pelini era.

+1. Well said.

I don't think frustrated fans on here have let Bo's inability to coach take over their identity. It doesn't have to be one extreme or another. But, I would say that most people have interests and passions in life, and for some, that is Husker football. It's not going to replace other focuses such as your job, children, sick parents, or whatever may be going on in your life personally, but it does help to provide an outlet and community outside of one's day to day routine. Many Nebraska fans don't stop being fans when the bowl game ends in January (like other programs). They follow recruiting into February, then the spring game, the summer Big Red Weekends, etc... Why? Because they have a passion for the game, and when the game and team they love so much is not being managed well, and the program's reputation is a joke to many with a head coach that cannot control himself or his team, it's ok for fans to be riled up and to call out those who are not doing their job. Nobody expects perfection, but we do expect a coach that has his team both physically and mentally tough so they are able to maximize their potential and not have the all too familiar blowout losses that has signified the Pelini era.

If the team truly sees Kenny Bell as one of their leaders, then I can absolutely see why this team is as mentally fragile and unprepared as they are. Sure, I don't think the level of coaching is where it needs to be, but I think some of this stuff we see from Kenny Bell just proves there are some really deep lying issues surrounding this team. Many of us have believed that for quite a long time, I just don't think it's debatable anymore.

It's a damn shame that so much focus is put on all the wrong things. Kenny would rather go to Twitter and argue with people who really have no effect on the outcomes of the game and what happens on the field on Saturday instead of talking to the guys who directly control that outcome.

Nebraska fans didn't go 3-14 on third down last week at Wisconsin.

And all this to me is a result of Bo just selling himself so short in terms of his staff. He's finding himself having to put his finger on multiple facets of the program to get better. I believe he is a good football mind. But you cant micromanage at this level. You have to trust and delegate. We've seen Bo put his finger on particular phases over his seven years, and them improve. We've heard all spring and fall camp how Bo was working with the punt returns and such, and low behold look what we got. Yet, at what cost? What other aspects that were going in an ok direction have regressed this year?

Now from an overall management level, it's obvious that some control is being sacraficed. Bo should know better right now, with all the heat from Saturday on so many levels, that Kenny should be the absolute LAST guy to be allowed to speak to the press, if he has any desire to cool the waters and focus on Saturday. Instead, the circus continues.

“I’m from Boulder, Colorado. Everybody knows the Buffs, that I love the Buffs. You know what a fan like me of the Buffs would do for eight wins right now? Man. I’d appreciate it, that’s for sure.”

I mean, people have been kicked off here for tamer trolling than this.

• Fire 1

“I’m from Boulder, Colorado. Everybody knows the Buffs, that I love the Buffs. You know what a fan like me of the Buffs would do for eight wins right now? Man. I’d appreciate it, that’s for sure.”

i really think he hates husker fans.

• Fire 1

I have no trouble with Kenny Bell exhorting teammates to go out with a smile. None. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. They've worked their asses off.

And they were humiliated last Saturday. They know that.

Guessing it was even less fun for them than us.

One could make the argument that Bo Pelini teams are simply wound too tight. They do watch the score. They do read the Twitter insults. They do notice their coach going apesh#t on the sideline. If the didn't care, they wouldn't feel the pressure. This is a team that definitely feels the pressure.

Having more fun might be a brilliant solution.

Beats curling up in a fetal position.

Nobody expects perfection, but we do expect a coach that has his team both physically and mentally tough so they are able to maximize their potential and not have the all too familiar blowout losses that has signified the Pelini era.

Yeah...for example - where was THIS at last week?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsCsW-PeEEo

more like where did this go this year? i think it disappeared as part of our playbook reduction

The coaches make 6 figures.

What about if that mailman dropped every package worth a 100 bucks in the snow? Like 4 every year?

THIS IS THE OBVIOUS DAMN PROBLEM WITH THIS ENTIRE REGIME. NO CONTROL ANYMORE. THEY CANT TUNE OUT THE NEGATIVE.

I'm sick of Kenny and his public stuff. This is what we do on message boards. Discuss and speculate. Regardless, pretty obvious the team and staff has checked out. Big loss on saturday, and supposedly still a lot to play for, senior day coming up, yet one of Bo's proudest still has to go out of his way to try to tell us how dumb we all are for being able to point out obvious bad football over and over again. God, Minny and Iowa are gonna stomp are ass.

I'm sick of KB too. Dropped passes and missed passes he could have caught up too. If he can't catch up to throws then send Westy on the route. Am I still pi$$ed? Yes and it usually ends long before Wed. Really hope your last statement is wrong CB cause I have to spend the Fri after TG with some Iowa fans I don't know and there are times when I can get into a really dark mood especially when provoked.

T_O_B

Wait, Kenny actually said that? LOL ok I kind of thought Kenny was actually upset by comments on Twitter, but now it's obvious he's just playing with us.

The team is soft. Period. They got the sh!t kicked out of them on both sides of the ball. They gave up 408 to one guy. Glad GA pulled him or he could have had 600 yards....

Does Bo just come out and acknowledge the a$$ kicking, say we sucked, something has to change, what we are doing isn't working? No same old lay it off on execution, not able to adjust etc...and then I'm not into the bog picture, or I don't know.... (Corey Raymond comes to mind about getting punched in the mouth)

KB is just frosting on the cake. He's right. I don't know Bo, I don't see practice. I do watch the games. I did watch the most pathetic game on Sat that I have ever seen as a Husker fan. Pathetic. Horrible on all levels. From the play if the kids to the lack of coaching. Own up to it. Pull a Tebow and right the ship, BUT no. More of the blame everything, but your own (teams) play.

Some guys wear blackshirts, some don't. WTH. That again is a WTH teaching moment. Bo missed the boat on that one as well.

Step up. Own it. You win. It's coaching and the kids. You lose same thing. Its yours. Its your baby. Friggin own it.

• Fire 1