Consensus Now? (Post Minnesota L)

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is really the key to dumping Bo. There is fear out there about us dumping a winning coach. We'll get the negative PR at first for dumping a 9 win coach but the bottomline is that Bo has not won any conference championships while here. It is not that difficult to get that message out and get a new face for the program that is more likeable to boot. Bo was hired to win conference championships and that has not happened. If you apply that same standard to programs considered to be college football elite, then it makes a lot of sense why we need new leadership and direction. #ControlTheMessage

+1. I don't think, however, that the program will get that much negative PR, if any. The perception of Pelini outside the state of Nebraska is terrible, as anyone who lives elsewhere can tell you. Nor are these feelings new to this season.

National sports writers were wondering on Twitter if this game just sealed his fate. What the football guys will write and say is easy to predict. "Pelini had 7 years and just couldn't get over the hump. Nebraska brought him in to bring back championships to Lincoln, and he just has not gotten it done, and it feels like he is getting farther away from them" Not the venom that followed when Solich was fired.

Bo has had 7 years to build the foundation for his program.

7 years to establish an identity.

7 years to learn how to play SMART...FUNDAMENTAL...FOOTBALL.

7 years!

To put this in better perspective...Bob Devaney coached at Nebraska for only 10 years and his overall record was 101-20-2 (.829) with 2 National Championships.

It's time to turn the page to a new era of football at Nebraska.

• Fire 1

Faux Pelini made me chuckle in a bad day. Reminds me of the years I was attending Nebraska during the Bill Callahan era.

"IF YOU ARE A STUDENT AND CAN CATCH A FOOTBALL PLEASE REPORT TO THE SIDELINE"

• Fire 1

Lets face it...a new coach will make the "search" and spring game very exciting...

But, lets face it...its not like its going to be some 12-1 year.

Also...Bartons Vodka is very very cheap and I am not even sure if it is vodka...it might be paint thinner

Well again, a 9-4 season would be fine, especially a first year coach, if the losses are competitive and we look competent, and we improve throughout the year. This what has Bo gone. Stagnant is a stretch at this point.

And I still have to disagree anyway. There's a lot of talent on this team. The right guy could have us right there. Goes back to that old deal I've been sayin. Even Callahan could win us 9 to 10 games in this conference.