Bowl Game Coach

Wow....another thread created for something that may or may not happen. How many more?

Maybe, just maybe, we have all these threads about a new coach, Bo needs to go, etc. because the remote possibility, the outside chance is so much better and more palatable than the reality we find ourselves stuck in. Wins against far inferior teams, losses to teams with a heartbeat, and blowouts at the hands of anyone worth a sh#t. f#*k ya, I'll take a thousand threads about the possibility of this nightmare coming to an end. If you don't want to see/read them, there is an easy solution that you are in total control of.

Chances of Bo leaving, changed some with the game Saturday, it was close, the kids did not quit, and very few left the stadium early. Yes a blow, but nothing like it could have been. Personally I think it hinges on the buy out and the availability of funds from outside. If it should happen, my prayers are that we look for a highly qualified, experienced head coach, spend the money needed to bring him and his staff. Make certain that everyone knows Nebraska is in it to win it. Bo was the economical way out, and even at what we paid, Tom thought it was too much. He has learned the salary curve since though I am sure. But I think we need to be one of the big hitters in every aspect. This program has the money, has the boosters, has the fans, tradition and desire. Step on the stage with the SEC and spend what is needed to compete in every facet. Knowing Tom I am just afraid we will try to save money in a change. Frugal no, conservative yes.

Chances of Bo leaving, changed some with the game Saturday, it was close, the kids did not quit, and very few left the stadium early. Yes a blow, but nothing like it could have been. Personally I think it hinges on the buy out and the availability of funds from outside. If it should happen, my prayers are that we look for a highly qualified, experienced head coach, spend the money needed to bring him and his staff. Make certain that everyone knows Nebraska is in it to win it. Bo was the economical way out, and even at what we paid, Tom thought it was too much. He has learned the salary curve since though I am sure. But I think we need to be one of the big hitters in every aspect. This program has the money, has the boosters, has the fans, tradition and desire. Step on the stage with the SEC and spend what is needed to compete in every facet. Knowing Tom I am just afraid we will try to save money in a change. Frugal no, conservative yes.

See. Here's the deal. While they may not have quit from an effort standpoint, it's over. They checked out mentally way back last week. They play like they have no faith in the scheme. Bo use to always preach "trust the scheme. Play your spot". But we got guys throwin themselves so far out of position it's ridiculous. Theyre makin mistakes and doin sh#t so stupid that they'd be benched on a high school team. They've checked out mentally. They've lost all trust in the schemes.

I've read this on here somewhere, and I agree 100%. Our best defensive play Saturday was an instance where Zaire was looking to the sideline when the ball was snapped cuz our 3rd year DC still cant figure out how to get calls in on time, against a huddling team nonetheless. But at the snap, Zaire just completely reacts, shoots the fit, and buries the runner for a 5 yard loss. I wonder what the result woulda been had he gotten the call. That's where we are right now. Guys are makin plays in spite and on their own, but when they play within the scheme, theyre tentative and passive, and obviously are not buying in whatsoever. You can see it in their play. You can see it in their body language. Guys like Collins, Gregory, Valantine. Anderson, Gerry, and Kalu are tremendous talents. But our scheme, NOT our opponents, have completely neutralized them.