USA Today takes its turn: NU #1 on misery index

All these national publications sure are helping to pave the way for firing an 8 or 9 win coach. That's a good thing in my book. The Solich curse believers maybe can rest a bit easier and toss their favorite strawman into the fire.

I'm sure Osborne, Hawks and Eichorst are reading these publications as we type.......

You, sir, just showed your ignorance and I now will take nothing you say seriously. If you want to believe the leaders of the University are not gauging our national perception during this time, you go ahead and keep your head in the sand.

I am hoping they are doing their due diligence to protect the brand, as any responsible executive would. You just keep believing that how we are perceived doesn't matter. Multi-million dollar companies hold that branding at the highest standard whether you choose to believe it or not.

In the 1990s Nebraska was obviously dominant, but it also was a program that many sportswriters admired. I remember hearing some say how amazing it was that small-state Nebraska in the middle of cornfields built such a powerhouse. They also admired Nebraska fans and the amazing following the team had in any road venue they competed in. I still think that there are many on the national scene that want to see Nebraska return to an elite program, and hence the articles we are seeing everywhere. They know Nebraska can do better than what Pelini is doing for the program, just as local fans know. Perhaps this media attention will get us somewhere, and help nudge SE to make a change. One can only hope.

All these national publications sure are helping to pave the way for firing an 8 or 9 win coach. That's a good thing in my book. The Solich curse believers maybe can rest a bit easier and toss their favorite strawman into the fire.

I'm sure Osborne, Hawks and Eichorst are reading these publications as we type.......

You, sir, just showed your ignorance and I now will take nothing you say seriously. If you want to believe the leaders of the University are not gauging our national perception during this time, you go ahead and keep your head in the sand.

I am hoping they are doing their due diligence to protect the brand, as any responsible executive would. You just keep believing that how we are perceived doesn't matter. Multi-million dollar companies hold that branding at the highest standard whether you choose to believe it or not.

It will be tough, but I guess I can accept not being taken seriously on an internet message board. And you may be completely correct. I'll keep my doubts a USA Today opinion will be influential on Osborne or Hawks' desk.

I find it interesting that for a team that is so 'irrelevant' we sure do garner a lot of press. Bad press right now, but press nonetheless. Usually when teams aren't relevant the press doesn't say anything at all about them. I think that the media wants Nebraska to return to an elite program as well. I loved the days when we were the team that people loved to hate because we were SO GOOD!

It will be tough, but I guess I can accept not being taken seriously on an internet message board. And you may be completely correct. I'll keep my doubts a USA Today opinion will be influential on Osborne or Hawks' desk.

Alright. Don't go into marketing anytime soon.

Sker you are smarter than that. You know that information has its own division. They monitor everything that is written/printed/televised about the program. The smallest bit is considered. A trend swing as large as this seems to be (although seeing it from afar) is being followed closely. This one does not seem to be the same as last year, swept under the rug by a brief we support the coach script.

The program had problems this year filling the seats, will Bo staying add to those problems or would a new direction bring anticipation and excitement to the program. No one at the University can be happy about what is going on. It has their full attention I am sure.

I find it interesting that for a team that is so 'irrelevant' we sure do garner a lot of press. Bad press right now, but press nonetheless. Usually when teams aren't relevant the press doesn't say anything at all about them. I think that the media wants Nebraska to return to an elite program as well. I loved the days when we were the team that people loved to hate because we were SO GOOD!

thats how the situation has changed in 11 years. Nebraska i think is viewd as a sleeping giant. Were just a good coach and some sound, fundamental football from being elite again. I truly believe that.
  • Fire 1

Sker you are smarter than that. You know that information has its own division. They monitor everything that is written/printed/televised about the program. The smallest bit is considered. A trend swing as large as this seems to be (although seeing it from afar) is being followed closely. This one does not seem to be the same as last year, swept under the rug by a brief we support the coach script.

The program had problems this year filling the seats, will Bo staying add to those problems or would a new direction bring anticipation and excitement to the program. No one at the University can be happy about what is going on. It has their full attention I am sure.

I'm not making assumptions about what the decision makers will do based on what the media writes.......anyone is free to use "surely" or "seem to be" if they like. You know who the 2-4 guys are who will call this, and you know there remains a very real chance they still support Pelini. Not guaranteed, but a very real chance.

I'm not making assumptions about what the decision makers will do based on what the media writes.......anyone is free to use "surely" or "seem to be" if they like. You know who the 2-4 guys are who will call this, and you know there remains a very real chance they still support Pelini. Not guaranteed, but a very real chance.
well i heard as of wednesday Hawks had jumped ship. Ill just throw that out there. Believe it if you want.

well i heard as of wednesday Hawks had jumped ship. Ill just throw that out there. Believe it if you want.

If it's true, and Osborne has as well, Eichorst will be told what to do. No clue here, I don't run in Hawks circle. But that's the space the decision will be made.

Sker you are smarter than that. You know that information has its own division. They monitor everything that is written/printed/televised about the program. The smallest bit is considered. A trend swing as large as this seems to be (although seeing it from afar) is being followed closely. This one does not seem to be the same as last year, swept under the rug by a brief we support the coach script.The program had problems this year filling the seats, will Bo staying add to those problems or would a new direction bring anticipation and excitement to the program. No one at the University can be happy about what is going on. It has their full attention I am sure.

And that's why TheSker is full of it. If Bo is retained, the sellout streak will end. To think that anyone in charge now would cowtow to the wishes of a retired man, regardless of who is in the wake of real money disappearing is clinging to bygone age.