Blank check is waiting to be written

Sounds like pretty standard rumorville stuff. All any good college football story begins with a dude on a message board who is connect to an anonymous, powerful booster, willing to do anything for a change.

I personally really doubt that this is the case. It would take a group of boosters, not just one, to assist with the change described. Furthermore, our athletic department does NOT rely on boosters as heavily as you make it seem. If they want to buy out his contract, they have the money to do so no questions asked. A booster willing to assist in the financial aspect is great, but I really don't think it plays that big of a role.

Time will tell I suppose, intrigued to hear you mention McElwain.

Huh...pair him up with a newly-unemployed Muschamp for DC?

Doesn't sound like a terrible option to me..........

We could do a lot worse. And we could use Muschamp to groom a successor for DC, since he's going to move on to a HC gig after a few seasons anyway.

• Fire 2

Doesn't sound like a terrible option to me..........

We could do a lot worse. And we could use Muschamp to groom a successor for DC, since he's going to move on to a HC gig after a few seasons anyway.

Yep, and he'll do his damnest to be successful so he can get back to that point.

• Fire 1

Sounds like pretty standard rumorville stuff. All any good college football story begins with a dude on a message board who is connect to an anonymous, powerful booster, willing to do anything for a change.

I personally really doubt that this is the case. It would take a group of boosters, not just one, to assist with the change described. Furthermore, our athletic department does NOT rely on boosters as heavily as you make it seem. If they want to buy out his contract, they have the money to do so no questions asked. A booster willing to assist in the financial aspect is great, but I really don't think it plays that big of a role.

completely agree, although it is fun for the masses to think there are some shadowy, conspiracy types pulling strings behind the scenes. smoke-filled back rooms, people speaking in hushed tones, implied threats, etc. awesome.

Then whats wrong with a frost HC and Muschamp DC with frost taking pointers from muschamp.

Nothing if Frost had HC experience. I wouldn't have minded Frost if we were coming off a successful run during the Pelini era.

As it were, there's an expediency that's needed with this hire that may not be suited towards taking a chance on Frost.

Why is everyone calling for Muschamp at DC? I don't get it. He was the man in waiting at Texas, yet Texas really wasn't that sorry to see him go. Could it be his last year at Texas, the Texas defense was rated at a stellar #55 in the country? With all of the talent Texas had, all he could manage was #55 defensively?

Then whats wrong with a frost HC and Muschamp DC with frost taking pointers from muschamp.

Nothing if Frost had HC experience. I wouldn't have minded Frost if we were coming off a successful run during the Pelini era.

As it were, there's an expediency that's needed with this hire that may not be suited towards taking a chance on Frost.

Agreed, this hire, if it happens, will make or break Nebraska. We have the talent, our division is NOT that difficult. We get the right person in there, they're going to have success in a hurry. To me it has to be a proven head coach. No more OJT, we don't have time for that. Make the wrong higher...............it's all over for a LONG time.

• Fire 1

Why is everyone calling for Muschamp at DC? I don't get it. He was the man in waiting at Texas, yet Texas really wasn't that sorry to see him go. Could it be his last year at Texas, the Texas defense was rated at a stellar #55 in the country? With all of the talent Texas had, all he could manage was #55 defensively?
this. I don't want Muschamp. Plenty of other better choices.