E-mailed a regent

I think a more relevant point to make (than whether or not fans are disrespected by a shady recording) is that we should no longer have Bo as the face of the program. Nobody likes the closeup camera shots of an angry, out-of-control maniac yelling in some athlete's, or coach's face. Why does that have to be us? It doesn't. It shouldn't.

I think a more relevant point to make (than whether or not fans are disrespected by a shady recording) is that we should no longer have Bo as the face of the program. Nobody likes the closeup camera shots of an angry, out-of-control maniac yelling in some athlete's, or coach's face. Why does that have to be us? It doesn't. It shouldn't.

I just brought up points that I thought would show our disgust from a fans stand point, e-mail one yourself I am actually curious to see if they are truly flooded and are just using blanket responses

My email to all of the regents, AD, and Chancellor Perlman:

NU Football - A fan's view from Oklahoma,

Dear....

I am a long term member of the Oklahoma Cornhusker Club here in Tulsa. I’ve been a fan since 1970 – my earliest memories of NU football as a child was our 1st national championship game. I grew up in SD and have endured sooner fans since moving here in 1978. I wanted to express to you that we have an enthusiastic Club here in Oklahoma, however, with each blowout loss, which each temperamental, childish rage displayed by our head coach, with each passing year without so much as a conference championship (even in the weak Big 10), I see the interest not only waning but dramatically falling in our club. For big games, we use to draw 250 fans, now well under 100. I attribute this not to our great leadership at the Club but to the performance on the field and our disappointment that a school with the resources (facility, finances, and emotional) and the very loyal fan base cannot field a better product and provide a better coaching staff for our players. I don’t blame the players. Bo is ultimately responsible for this situation.

Don’t you agree that 7 years is enough to turn around a program to the place of respectability? Even in Oklahoma, where our Big 8 connections give us creditability (and sympathy) with OU and OSU fans, people are asking – “when will you get rid of that coach. He does not represent the Nebraska that we knew very well”. Nationwide, we are known by the angry Bo face as the media zeros in on him. Is that what NU football has fallen too? Is that the picture we want to present as the image of NU? Doesn’t NU deserve better? Isn’t it time to restore NU football to place of respectability and championships?

Thank-you for your consideration.