What's more important poll

Amac3309

What's more important   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Come on let's not belabor the point...someone had previously said that the questions weren't phrased correctly...we really don't need to repeatedly rag on the guy for trying to conduct a survey to help convey information out to other huskerboard members. He has since asked a new question. He wants you to rank the most important aspects of the program that would satisfy you as a fan...answer that question and quit ragging on the guy

Some nerdy analytical friends of mine are trying to create a coach ranking system out of data based on what is important to fans. Just doing it for fun but I figured this would be a good place to start gathering data. Please vote on the above

Edit: changed wording of first question

34-1 before change

I think this premise is ridiculous. We will have a team that beats the best, but loses to the worst? Highly unlikely. Next to impossible. So I didn't vote.
Hmm so highly unlikely that we could have beat Mich St this year but lost to Rutgers or Illinois? Doesn't seem next to impossible

The operative words are "could have." Plus your poll is implying more than just a couple wind and losses. Besides Illinois and Rutgers were never in doubt.

Never say never, when we came to this conference we would be winning due to our speed. Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa were thought of like Illinois and Rutgers then. things change, Bo is here a few more years, we will definitely be looking up at Rutgers is my guess. How far have we fallen.

All I want form Nebraska is respectful football. Play the game right, don't cheat, graduate the players, don't be an embarrassment. 9 wins are fine if we play well and lose, not like we have the last 4 years. The program is rapidly becoming an embarrassment to the state and fans.

Come on let's not belabor the point...someone had previously said that the questions weren't phrased correctly...we really don't need to repeatedly rag on the guy for trying to conduct a survey to help convey information out to other huskerboard members. He has since asked a new question. He wants you to rank the most important aspects of the program that would satisfy you as a fan...answer that question and quit ragging on the guy

Not sure, but I think the questions were phrased incorrectly.

Never say never, when we came to this conference we would be winning due to our speed. Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa were thought of like Illinois and Rutgers then. things change, Bo is here a few more years, we will definitely be looking up at Rutgers is my guess. How far have we fallen.

All I want form Nebraska is respectful football. Play the game right, don't cheat, graduate the players, don't be an embarrassment. 9 wins are fine if we play well and lose, not like we have the last 4 years. The program is rapidly becoming an embarrassment to the state and fans.

Interesting comments considering Pelini may do better than any coach we've had, including Osborne, in a couple of those areas........

Interesting comments considering Pelini may do better than any coach we've had, including Osborne, in a couple of those areas........
which ones?

which ones?

Off the field issues and Pelini got the cumulative team GPA above 3.0 for the first time ever.

which ones?

Off the field issues and Pelini got the cumulative team GPA above 3.0 for the first time ever.

Given as how we are likely on the way to a new coach, shows how important on the scale those truly rank.

• Fire 1

which ones?

Given as how we are likely on the way to a new coach, shows how important on the scale those truly rank.

We will "likely" know soon enough......I'm not in a decision making capacity on the matter. But it reflects the amount of incorrect babble found on message boards.

Sker I have given Bo credit for the things he does right, and stated numerous times there are many. Important statistics no question. He has kept the program out of trouble, brought a better character athlete to the program in my opinion. Wins and losses have been on par with our greatest coaches. But the drubbings by conference foes, that every single fan expected to be beneath us is alarming. And the fall in that area seems continuous. Some blame the offense, but it all boils down to one person. The buck has to stop somewhere.

Depends on if the administration/boosters have settled for this level. If they think 9 wins are good enough and it will keep the stadium full. Can said big booster continue to look in the face of a friend, but a booster of another program that is doing much better. People travel in their own circles. Just like friends supporting different teams. Has it reached a change point, are our big boosters embarrassed to the level of a Callahan situation? Rumors say one is, and has been since last year.

The only thing I asked of Bo this year was to stop the embarrassments. Wins and losses for me are not what I base success on. He failed in what I needed to see this year. I would assume he has in many peoples eyes.

McNeese State, Michigan State to me were failures, not the level of Wisconsin. Minnesota we played the game, maybe as well as they are coached. A loss and for some the end of the world. Minnesota means little negatively to me. I a saw team trying to the last second, never quitting, playing as directed.

In honesty McNeese State was the worst game this year. The most embarrassing by far. It truly showed the level of coaching that we have, the motivation that the team has. The desire of one individual gave us a lucky win. You can not depend on individuals to always win for you. Where would be had not Ameer made his miracle. Way more losses is my guess.

This team and program has a problem with the idea of a team. The black shirt deal is unbelievable, Kenny Bell and his endless ignorance, his fing blue shirt under his jersey screaming I am individual, look at me. If we see this from a distance, what is like on the inside.

Bo is done sker, whether he gets another year or ten. He has reached his highpoint. He does not posses the skills to do the job. His us against the world has poisoned this team, and even with a new coach it may take years to correct the attitude. See Texas for a guideline of what it might take next year with a replacement.

Another year, we fall deeper and farther.

Sker I have given Bo credit for the things he does right, and stated numerous times there are many. Important statistics no question. He has kept the program out of trouble, brought a better character athlete to the program in my opinion. Wins and losses have been on par with our greatest coaches. But the drubbings by conference foes, that every single fan expected to be beneath us is alarming. And the fall in that area seems continuous. Some blame the offense, but it all boils down to one person. The buck has to stop somewhere.

Depends on if the administration/boosters have settled for this level. If they think 9 wins are good enough and it will keep the stadium full. Can said big booster continue to look in the face of a friend, but a booster of another program that is doing much better. People travel in their own circles. Just like friends supporting different teams. Has it reached a change point, are our big boosters embarrassed to the level of a Callahan situation? Rumors say one is, and has been since last year.

The only thing I asked of Bo this year was to stop the embarrassments. Wins and losses for me are not what I base success on. He failed in what I needed to see this year. I would assume he has in many peoples eyes.

McNeese State, Michigan State to me were failures, not the level of Wisconsin. Minnesota we played the game, maybe as well as they are coached. A loss and for some the end of the world. Minnesota means little negatively to me. I a saw team trying to the last second, never quitting, playing as directed.

In honesty McNeese State was the worst game this year. The most embarrassing by far. It truly showed the level of coaching that we have, the motivation that the team has. The desire of one individual gave us a lucky win. You can not depend on individuals to always win for you. Where would be had not Ameer made his miracle. Way more losses is my guess.

This team and program has a problem with the idea of a team. The black shirt deal is unbelievable, Kenny Bell and his endless ignorance, his fing blue shirt under his jersey screaming I am individual, look at me. If we see this from a distance, what is like on the inside.

Bo is done sker, whether he gets another year or ten. He has reached his highpoint. He does not posses the skills to do the job. His us against the world has poisoned this team, and even with a new coach it may take years to correct the attitude. See Texas for a guideline of what it might take next year with a replacement.

Another year, we fall deeper and farther.

Nice diatribe........but I was pointing out that you listed a few things that Pelini was failing at, which you have just acknowledged are not true.....and can be proven not to be true. If it's about the blowouts and coaching.....just say so and keep the falsehoods out.

Coaches brag about gpa etc when they have an empty trophy case

OTOH, it's very rare that a coach with a full trophy case can brag about GPAs.

I love it that we have a lot of high character players who will graduate with respectable GPAs. But I'd really love to add a few trophies to the ole trophy case too.