*** The Official Iowa Hawkeye Game Discussion Thread ***

rawhide

Yay?

True fan here.
My bad. Think you misinterpreted my comment. It was a joke insinuating that our fans have forgotten how to have fun and get excited during a game.

Sorry. There are plenty of "fans" here that are hoping we lose. Sarcasm doesn't really read well on the Internet.

If Ameer had been in on the second play Ryker made (hand off to Pierson El) he would've seen that hole and been gone. I agree. Tommy needs to sit this one out. I would like to see Ryker play or Stanton even. Give these kids who are going to be back next year playing time. Iowa looks awful! Good grief! A pick and a fumble in the Red Zone? Good grief!

Armstrong will be back next year, but I really hope he is not the starting QB next year. Everyone has been so high on Stanton, I want to see what this kid has to offer. If can't be any worse than the product we're seeing on the field with TA

This is a fun game to watch. Take away the context of the season, and this is a fun game to watch.

We'll agree to disagree.
Offense could be better, but the players are executing well with the changes to the scheme on defense. Nebraska is making Iowa play mistake-free on offense, and they have hit a couple of great 3rd downs but also have lost the ball four times. Plus, tackling and gap integrity has been better.

Okay, maybe not tressel. Paul flippin' Johnson, or Jeff Monken. Give me some flexbone power option football for the love of all that is holy. Georgia Tech is 16th and playing for their conference division. That's what we want. Don't want the CSU guy - they're giving up 42 in one half to the offensive juggernaut Western Kentucky

Marshall is playing Western Kentucky....not CSU

I still want to TA ride the pine the rest of the game. If we're gonna lose, at least let one of the other guys get some playing time

Not just playing time. I honestly think we have a better chance at winning with Fyfe in the game.

We have a better chance of winning with TA out of the game.

This is the problem with Bo...well, one of many. He's not willing to bench TA and put in the backup, even if its just for a few series.

Agree! Iowa will load the box to stop our running game in the second half. They know we our one dimensional with Armstrong not being able to throw an accurate ball. TA almost missed a wide open Ameer in the endzone at the end of the half on a short dump pass. I think we should take our chances on one of our backup QBs, as I don't believe it could get any worse.

This is a fun game to watch. Take away the context of the season, and this is a fun game to watch.

We'll agree to disagree.
Offense could be better, but the players are executing well with the changes to the scheme on defense. Nebraska is making Iowa play mistake-free on offense, and they have hit a couple of great 3rd downs but also have lost the ball four times. Plus, tackling and gap integrity has been better.

Our defense has given up 3 points. I'll take that any day. TA needs to sit for a quarter. Give either Fyfe or Stanton a shot. There is no way they could be worse than TA.

We'll agree to disagree.

It's a sad day when Nebraska fans find joy in their team struggling to beat a mediocre Iowa team in hopes of finishing in 3rd place in a crappy division.

Joy? That feeling went completely away by the Wisconsin game. I'm just watching the train wreck that is our program. Can't take my eyes away....... We really can't keep repeating this pattern year after year. It's like Dante's Inferno. Being in a level of hell where you can't get out seeing an endless repeat of errors and excuses. One way or another win or lose we need some changes.

Don't give up on Tommy. Would like to see what he could do with the right coach working with him.

Maybe if he had a different coaching staff, he'd be an all league player.

Kinda like the previous starter.

Oh, wait........

Oh I agree. I was a big Martinez fan. Really think he was under appreciated here.

Correct, he had his warts, but this offense was pretty darn good under his direction for the most part.

Our offense is a complete joke. Take away Abdullah and we have nothing. TA doesn't scare anyone.

I maintain the stance that the following players are really good but are totally mis-used by Beck:

1) Armstrong

2) Cross

3) Newby

4) Janovich

5) Carter

Get a quality OC, and you'll see how good of players we really have on offense. But then again, it wouldn't surprise me to see Stanton as the starter with a new OC at the helm.

• Fire 1

Our offense is a complete joke. Take away Abdullah and we have nothing. TA doesn't scare anyone.

I maintain the stance that the following players are really good but are totally mis-used by Beck:

1) Armstrong

2) Cross

3) Newby

4) Janovich

5) Carter

Get a quality OC, and you'll see how good of players we really have on offense. But then again, it wouldn't surprise me to see Stanton as the starter with a new OC at the helm.

Offense seemed to click pretty well until last year. I wonder what changed.