What happens now? Will an announcement come this weekend?

The defense will be damn stout next year

Based on the athletes we have, it should have been damn stout this year. Pelini sucks at disguising his defense, so intelligent OCs know exactly where the soft spots will be. Ndamukong Suh isn't coming back to mask our problems.

This is a recurring theme for both the offensive and defensive systems.

From the sources I've got, we could be seeing a press conference as early as tomorrow or never......either way....its definitely gonna happen, or not.

Another year with Pelini might break me. It is obvious by now he can't get us to the next level. He is just good enough ( or lucky enough in many cases) to buy us 9 wins and 4 bad losses.

Based on the athletes we have, it should have been damn stout this year. Pelini sucks at disguising his defense, so intelligent OCs know exactly where the soft spots will be. Ndamukong Suh isn't coming back to mask our problems.

Point well taken. I do believe that the presence of Charles Jackson and Michael Rose would have made a difference.

Point well taken. I do believe that the presence of Charles Jackson and Michael Rose would have made a difference.

Alexander as well. Cooper's play has been pretty atrocious at times this year.

Eventually, we have to stop making excuses for shortcomings and just say the proof is in the pudding, though.

I'm totally fine with Bo staying as long as we can at least get a new OC. Here is what I would prefer.

HC- Bo

OC- out of house

DC- prefer someone new

RB- Brown

WR- Fisher

OL- new coach

DL- possibly pap demoted

DB- Warren

Hey buddy, you forgot about our current D line coach, Kaczenski. The guy is a fricken stud. That D line played out of their minds yesterday without their best player, and a former walk on playing 75 snaps.

Wins against Michigan, MSU, OSU, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, ... Bowl appearances and wins. I don't get why optimism is offensive here. Sorry that I don't agree with the hive mind, I just think you are wrong. But please stop with the personal attacks.

lol

Wins against 2012 Michigan that went 8-5 and 2013 Michigan that went 7-6.

Win against 2011 OSU that went 6-7

Win against 2009 Oklahoma that went 8-5.

Win against 2011 Michigan State that went 11-3 and 2012 Michigan State that went 7-6.

It took the greatest comeback in school history to barely beat a team with a losing record under Luke Fickell? One of those wins is quality and I would go into the context of how MSU was coming off two of their most emotional weeks in school history and how we've barely been competitive against them since but you'd probably think I was just trying to cherrypick.

Have fun getting off on what amount to non-impressive wins over fancy strong sounding school names in their worst seasons of the last half decade.

I actually feel sorry for you at this point. Enjoy hating your team. I'm gonna keep hoping for the best. I'd rather be disappointed than jaded.

So anyone willing to give an in-depth, honest assessment of the wins and losses under Pelini hates this team? Seems a little odd that we'd all spend so much time posting on a message board for a team we hate, doncha think?

How many more years of 9-4 and a let's-give-out-a-trophy-for-participation-because-everyone's-a-winner bowl game will it take before you become jaded?

Wins against Michigan, MSU, OSU, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, ... Bowl appearances and wins. I don't get why optimism is offensive here. Sorry that I don't agree with the hive mind, I just think you are wrong. But please stop with the personal attacks.

lol

Wins against 2012 Michigan that went 8-5 and 2013 Michigan that went 7-6.

Win against 2011 OSU that went 6-7

Win against 2009 Oklahoma that went 8-5.

Win against 2011 Michigan State that went 11-3 and 2012 Michigan State that went 7-6.

It took the greatest comeback in school history to barely beat a team with a losing record under Luke Fickell? One of those wins is quality and I would go into the context of how MSU was coming off two of their most emotional weeks in school history and how we've barely been competitive against them since but you'd probably think I was just trying to cherrypick.

Have fun getting off on what amount to non-impressive wins over fancy strong sounding school names in their worst seasons of the last half decade.

I actually feel sorry for you at this point. Enjoy hating your team. I'm gonna keep hoping for the best. I'd rather be disappointed than jaded.

So anyone willing to give an in-depth, honest assessment of the wins and losses under Pelini hates this team? Seems a little odd that we'd all spend so much time posting on a message board for a team we hate, doncha think?

How many more years of 9-4 and a let's-give-out-a-trophy-for-participation-because-everyone's-a-winner bowl game will it take before you become jaded?

I asked him for a straight answer to that three times yesterday and he won't answer. He refuses to set a standard for this coach.

Charles davis-who is everywhere doing games and such said it best on USC monday. He says guys would be lining up for this job right now ourside the obvious ridiculous choices of saban, harbaugh, etc. the perception outside Nebraska is we are selling ourselves short. We can do better.

Hell watch the games. Any solid coach that comes in and focuses on an identity and ghe simple basics of football can get us 11-12 wins and conference titles. We really are that close. Yet we feel so far away. And with no evidence whatsoever that itll improve.

+1 - I ran out of my quota, great post

I'm totally fine with Bo staying as long as we can at least get a new OC. Here is what I would prefer.

HC- Bo (If he stays)

OC- out of house (Frost also Oregon's QB coach)

DC- prefer someone new (Muchamp)

RB- Brown

WR- Fisher

OL- new coach (unsure, Dominic Riola only as he taught Suh how to not get rolled up)

DL- possibly pap demoted (Carl Pelini)

DB- Warren (Sanders)(Minter)

If we are going for broke by keeping Bo, get the band back together....New S&C coach for sure. Maybe Stanfords as they have really reduced injuries. Great article in Men's health on them.....

It should be easy to lure a great S&C coach to NU. Just pay them. The salary gets lost in the rounding of the total football budget

I really hope you guys realize I was being sarcastic. Firing Bo would be idiotic.

No, it would be the right decision for the program moving forward.

Nope. It will make us a joke, just like in 2003. And we'll get another sh**ty coach like Callahan. Live through 5-7 seasons, fire him, and get a coach like Bo that can take us to the promised land but because it takes longer than a few years we fire him after winning seasons. Then we get a sh**ty coach..... repeat ad infinitum.

I have never heard the number seven referred to as a few. I cringe at your definition of many.

I really hope you guys realize I was being sarcastic. Firing Bo would be idiotic.

Nope. It will make us a joke, just like in 2003. And we'll get another sh**ty coach like Callahan. Live through 5-7 seasons, fire him, and get a coach like Bo that can take us to the promised land but because it takes longer than a few years we fire him after winning seasons. Then we get a sh**ty coach..... repeat ad infinitum.

I agree with Mo. People ignore the college football landscape now days. How is florida, nd, ut, miami, usc, penn state, Michigan, etc doing? Oh, but we can do better because why?

I'm not saying we don't have problems, but it's not easy and Bo does things right. He takes care of his players, gets them a real education, treats them fairly, and makes them into men. Would you rather be like fsu, oversign kids and kick out the nonperformers, or do other questionable things. I wouldn't, even if it means some losses.

Yes, those Wisconsin losses really sucked, but I still am strongly in the Bo camp. There are only a few coaches I think are better and our odds of getting them are slim to none.

I got to go and don't have time to spell out other points, but I figured someone else (besides Mo, who did a good job) should say why they support Bo.

Not one of theses teams ( florida, nd, ut, miami, usc, penn state, Michigan) has given up 70 points to 5 loss team in a CCG or allowed a single player to rush for 408 yards in three quarters.

You realize Callahan and Bo are pretty much the same guy at this point, right?

I'm guessing you didn't do well in math growing up.

MO Husker you are being absurd. Since Suh left, Bo's defense has been essentially the same as that under Cos. Bo has even manage to set some new records for futility, including the fiasco against Wisconsin this year.

• Fire 1