What happens now? Will an announcement come this weekend?

Nope. It will make us a joke, just like in 2003. And we'll get another sh**ty coach like Callahan. Live through 5-7 seasons, fire him, and get a coach like Bo that can take us to the promised land but because it takes longer than a few years we fire him after winning seasons. Then we get a sh**ty coach..... repeat ad infinitum.

How is that any better than right now?

Name one thing we have right now that we wouldn't have through one or two 5-7 seasons other than a handful of small feel good wins against Purdue and Illinois and Rutgers.

You seriously don't have a clue.

If we played that 2007 schedule with this team, we'd be 5-7, easy. That schedule had 10 bowl teams on it, and 2 defending conference champs.

Nope. It will make us a joke, just like in 2003. And we'll get another sh**ty coach like Callahan. Live through 5-7 seasons, fire him, and get a coach like Bo that can take us to the promised land but because it takes longer than a few years we fire him after winning seasons. Then we get a sh**ty coach..... repeat ad infinitum.

Name one thing we have right now that we wouldn't have through one or two 5-7 seasons other than a handful of small feel good wins against Purdue and Illinois and Rutgers.

If we played that 2007 schedule with this team, we'd be 5-7, easy. That schedule had 10 bowl teams on it, and 2 defending conference champs.

No room for facts in the we can't do any better than Bo thread

Pelini will be back next year. Eichorst isn't ready to rock that boat yet- not with another "9 win season" and the absence of an Iowa game nervous breakdown.

I think you might be surprised

Please, surprise me.

technically, I can't, but thats doesn't mean you won't be...from what I've heard

Post in the rumor thread what you "heard" then. Enlighten us.

But apparently you do........

I really hope you guys realize I was being sarcastic. Firing Bo would be idiotic.

We completely realize you were being sarcastic, and we also realize you're delusional.

Every single national article and conversation that comes out in regards to our program and Pelini is in favor of us parting ways with him. This situation couldn't be any more different than the Solich one, and the national sentiment is shock that we haven't gotten rid of him already.

Name one really impressive performance turned in by this team in the last 3 seasons.

Link?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/11/23/misery-index-week-13-nebraska-miami-usc-virginia-tech-notre-dame-michigan-vanderbilt/19447173/

Idiocy is thinking that things can change under the same regime. No coordinators are going to come work for a coach on the hot seat.

Nussmeier left the comfort of Alabama and a few national titles to coach at Michigan. You know why? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It obviously hasn't worked out for Michigan, but it could for us. The defense will be damn stout next year, and a good offense will put this team at championship caliber. Maybe National, or maybe just conference, who knows.

Either way, money talks, and you're wrong.

Idiocy is thinking that things can change under the same regime. No coordinators are going to come work for a coach on the hot seat.

Nussmeier left the comfort of Alabama and a few national titles to coach at Michigan. You know why? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It obviously hasn't worked out for Michigan, but it could for us. The defense will be damn stout next year, and a good offense will put this team at championship caliber. Maybe National, or maybe just conference, who knows.

Well, I bow to your obvious prowess on the inner thinking of CFB professionals. Would you up root your family and move? Only to come coach with a man who is a control freak and on the hot seat?

Nussmeier knew there was longevity. You r argument is moot

Well, I bow to your obvious prowess on the inner thinking of CFB professionals. Would you up root your family and move? Only to come coach with a man who is a control freak and on the hot seat?

Nussmeier knew there was longevity. You r argument is moot

What.... Hoke's seat was getting pretty damn warm last year already. That's why he hired Nussmeier in the first place. And he had to throw out $1Mil to get him.

A great OC will come here if we show him the bills. And "Control freak"? I've heard from many people in the know that Bo provides input in the offense but is pretty hands-off with that side of the ball.

Pray tell... Who is this great OC you speak of?

By the way Hoke didn't pay the million to get him. In your wildest fantasies do you seriously believe that NU will dole out the $ while Bo is still in place? If so I need some of what you're smoking.

Since you have people "in the know" you would be diligent to contact them and see what their perception is on losing many season ticket holders if Bo is retained.

By the by, Bo's hands off on offense is just one of the systemic problems that plague this program

I really hope you guys realize I was being sarcastic. Firing Bo would be idiotic.

Yeah, you've mentioned that 47 times today. Nobody is buying that bogus excuse.

I'm baffled at those who think we should keep Bo around. Ya, we got the last laugh yesterday, but how were you feeling when it was 24-7?

No, it would be the right decision for the program moving forward.

A false analogy followed by an absurdity followed by an avalanche of defeatist nonsense.

It's about the money, Lebowski. There are plenty of confident, successful coaches who will be presented with several million reasons to take the reins of a program like Nebraska. They won't exactly be walking into a locker room empty of talent, and depending on the hire, we may gain as much as we lose from the current class––but that's a conversation for down the road. There is an element of risk. No ignoring that. But I think you may be underestimating the market on this one.

No, it would be the right decision for the program moving forward.

You realize Callahan and Bo are pretty much the same guy at this point, right?

I'm guessing you didn't do well in math growing up.