Barney Cotton - "Nine wins . . . . What do you think of that s&%t?"

Husker_x

When I first saw this thread, I thought someone was joking. Come to find out, this is an actual thing. Jeez. Is this what it's come to now? Barney's the poster boy for being satisfied with mediocrity. And I'm resisting an apple-tree reference here...

Three coaches that need to be fired.

Not enough for my money.

QB who can't make progressions: Check.

Horrendous OL play covered up by Heisman-caliber RB: Check.

LBs who like to run fit in pairs: Check.

TEs on milk Cartons: Check.

Safety who tackles Gordon like he lost both arms in 'Nam: Check.

You owe me a new computer screen and cup of coffee for the part in bold. I would give you a million +1s if I could.

I love how when this staff gets their sh#t packed in, they're quiet, avoid the press, and are all "We aren't going to get into big picture stuff." Then, when they eek out a close victory that could have (and probably should have) gone the other way, they're all, "YEA BOYEEEE!!!! IN YO FACE! IN YO MUTHA****IN' FACE! AH, HURTS DON'T IT? HOW'S THAT CROW TASTE?"

• Fire 5

Firing Solich was a poor decision, at least the timing wasn't the best. However, hiring Bill Callahan was one of the worst decisions in the history of UNL athletics. The man should never have stepped foot on Nebraska soil, and this was clearly evident during the '07 KSU game. 4th quarter, starters are still in, and we're throwing the ball all over the field to run up the score. Nebraska has never been about that. Then he NFL name-drops and basically disses Osborne. Osborne BUILT this thing.

Pelini isn't nearly as bad as this, but he needs to get things figured out - we're not the enemy, and screaming at young men doesn't work unless you're a drill sergeant.

I respectfully disagree. One of my first football coaches was an ex marine corps drill instructor. Yes he did yell and scream when you messed up, but he also did praise you on good plays. We never lost a game.

When I first saw this thread, I thought someone was joking. Come to find out, this is an actual thing. Jeez. Is this what it's come to now? Barney's the poster boy for being satisfied with mediocrity. And I'm resisting an apple-tree reference here...

Not enough for my money.

You owe me a new computer screen and cup of coffee for the part in bold. I would give you a million +1s if I could.

Hate to make a guy waste his coffee. My apologies sir.

This is honestly what I envisioned lunging at Gordon's feet haplessly...

SYMB-H109-1.jpg

When coaches are propagating this sort of #GoodEnough attitude, it shouldn't be a surprise the players buy in.

Time to start over with an all new staff, top-to-bottom. Hell, it's past time.

This is the attitude that permeates the team and it obviously starts with the staff..

Starts at the top with a former NFL guy. Some bad losses here and there mean nothing in an NFL mindset. Only W's and L's matter, and nothing is subjective. In college ball, everything is subjective. There is a reason why very, very few NFL mentality coaches ever win in college.

• Fire 2

Other schools would kill to have 9 wins you guys, especially Colorado.

Cool. So if this staff thinks the expectations are too high here they can pack it on up and take it to Colorado.

If #9wins is such an accomplishment where are all the other schools beating down Pelini's door, or "killing" as you say, to hire him away? His name never comes up positively for any other coaching opening. One would think a program like Florida would love to have Pelini and his #9win show in the Swamp.

Not enough for my money.

Hate to make a guy waste his coffee. My apologies sir.

This is honestly what I envisioned lunging at Gordon's feet haplessly...

SYMB-H109-1.jpg

Hilarious!

Other schools would kill to have 9 wins you guys, especially Colorado.

Cool. So if this staff thinks the expectations are too high here they can pack it on up and take it to Colorado.

If #9wins is such an accomplishment where are all the other schools beating down Pelini's door, or "killing" as you say, to hire him away? His name never comes up positively for any other coaching opening. One would think a program like Florida would love to have Pelini and his #9win show in the Swamp.

Friendly fire, here. I believe AtB is just trolling the 'Lievers.