Barney Cotton - "Nine wins . . . . What do you think of that s&%t?"

Husker_x

"Unfinished Business" to "#9wins".

"More Than Winning" to "It's a process".

National Championships to battling for third place in the Big Ten West Division.

Top Five finishes to scrambling for "Also Receiving Votes"

"Blackshirts" to the 408ers

Our offensive line has gone from the "Pipeline" to falling over on their own.

That's what I think of that, you arrogant failure of a coach.

Nice

When coaches are propagating this sort of #GoodEnough attitude, it shouldn't be a surprise the players buy in.

Time to start over with an all new staff, top-to-bottom. Hell, it's past time.

This is the attitude that permeates the team and it obviously starts with the staff..

Starts at the top with a former NFL guy. Some bad losses here and there mean nothing in an NFL mindset. Only W's and L's matter, and nothing is subjective. In college ball, everything is subjective. There is a reason why very, very few NFL mentality coaches ever win in college.

Yep. One game at a time. No emotion, revenge etc... It's a business at that level. You can make the playoffs at 9-7.....Not in college. Now you lose one its iffy, 2 and you can hang it up.

You know at some point you've either gotta put up or shut up about winning championships. When you set the standard then try to act like 9 wins is the goal when you can't deliver what you all talk about before you get the team embarrassed in the big games you just seem like a douche.

I've got another one "Embarrassed by Michigan state, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and barely better then Iowa. What do you think about that Sh*t?" and you were a large part of that Coach Cotton, hold yourself accountable.

i've hated this guy since the time he was an assistant at iowa state and when they beat us in 2004 he proclaimed that Iowa state was the real Big Red. i know he was probably simply excited about beating the team that had fired him a year previous, but for a guy that was part of the program and tradition of nebraska football, it really rubbed me the wrong way.

“Going to a bowl! Nine wins! What do you think of that s---!?” Nebraska co-offensive line coach Barney Cotton crowed Friday as he jogged to the elevator after the Huskers’ 37-34 overtime victory against Iowa.

Cotton said it just loud enough for those around him to hear, although to no one in particular. Of course, he was clearly aware of reporters in his presence.

Two other coaches, Ross Els and Tim Beck, kept their focus ahead, not making eye contact, on their way to the elevator.

Link.

GTFO.

We're rapidly reaching Callahan-esque levels of word watching. Nothing any of these coaches say is going to be taken well for the foreseeable future.

Is that due to an irrational fanbase, or that words no longer carry weight with the fanbase given the track record?

Contrary to popular opinion, 9-3 is not a losing season. Coaching this team has all the appeal of being Obama's next Secretary of Defense at this point.

Personally, I enjoyed the Iowa win, particularly some memorable plays by playmakers we'll always remember and a few that should show us even more in the years to come. I'll save this level of bile for when we lose to Iowa in Iowa City.

We're rapidly reaching Callahan-esque levels of word watching. Nothing any of these coaches say is going to be taken well for the foreseeable future.

Is that due to an irrational fanbase, or that words no longer carry weight with the fanbase given the track record?

Contrary to popular opinion, 9-3 is not a losing season. Coaching this team has all the appeal of being Obama's next Secretary of Defense at this point.

Personally, I enjoyed the Iowa win, particularly some memorable plays by playmakers we'll always remember and a few that should show us even more in the years to come. I'll save this level of bile for when we lose to Iowa in Iowa City.

I mean I can say the same thing about the Callahan era. I hope you enjoyed the win it was fun, Pierson-el is a beast. That doesn't discredit the idea that we have coaching issues

This is a big time job and the opportunity is there both with the team and with the conference for a guy to assert this program as a premiere B1G team, and himself as an elite caliber coach.

The fans and the administration both have these standards, and neither is lacking in passion.

All that's missing now is a coach with the same mindset. And at this point much of the country is wondering when that shoe is going to drop.

• Fire 1