Turner Gil - - Why Not?

I find it funny that coaches like Solich, Gill, and even Bo are considered "failures" because they can't "win big" at a Power 5 school. There are 120 FBS head coaching jobs. So these men were among the top 100 at their profession. That seems pretty good to me.

wake up people.......Bo was an experiment....Turner?....hell no!
My comment had to do with people's comments that Bo sucks, Bo is incompetent, Bo is a moron. To me if you have one of the top 100 jobs in your profession, you are doing pretty good.

Good point. If you are not one of the best 20, then you are a failure. This is a high risk high reward profession.

I find it funny that coaches like Solich, Gill, and even Bo are considered "failures" because they can't "win big" at a Power 5 school. There are 120 FBS head coaching jobs. So these men were among the top 100 at their profession. That seems pretty good to me.

My comment had to do with people's comments that Bo sucks, Bo is incompetent, Bo is a moron. To me if you have one of the top 100 jobs in your profession, you are doing pretty good.

Not if there are only 120 jobs in your profession...

I think everybody here believes we will get Nick Saban or Urban Meyer if we can just get Eichorst to pull the trigger.

Then we will get a decade's worth of crystal trophies.

If you aren't having these same hallucinations, then you obviously are settling for mediocrity.

No, people like you are making straw man arguments in an attempt to troll people.

No, people like you are making straw man arguments in an attempt to troll people.

Then give me the name and the timeline that makes this all come true.

Does anybody here have the man and the plan?

Anybody remember the Houston Nutt fiasco? I'm guessing not, because that is the replay for which all seem to be clamoring.

Oh, and how much have all of you raised to buy out Bo's contract?

Then give me the name and the timeline that makes this all come true.

Does anybody here have the man and the plan?

Anybody remember the Houston Nutt fiasco? I'm guessing not, because that is the replay for which all seem to be clamoring.

Oh, and how much have all of you raised to buy out Bo's contract?

More strawman arguments and dumb questions.

We will know by Monday what is going to go on.

We don't have to have the man and the plan, that is what SE gets paid to do.

Yes because one botched coaching search means that we are doomed to have every future coaching search will end up the same way even though it is a different AD and NU is in a better place now than it was in 2004.

How much of Bo's contract do you pay? Because this question makes as much sense as the one that you just asked me. Once again that is up to SE to raise the money to get Bo's butt out of Lincoln.

I think everybody here believes we will get Nick Saban or Urban Meyer if we can just get Eichorst to pull the trigger.

Then we will get a decade's worth of crystal trophies.

If you aren't having these same hallucinations, then you obviously are settling for mediocrity.

1) Maybe I saw one post where someone mentioned trying to get Saban.

2) No one has implied that.

3) No one has made the claim that anyone who doesn't believe we can get Saban and 10 national titles is settling for mediocrity.

You're simply being intentionally idiotic.

Before you say "heck no" (or something worse), look at what this man has done:

Buffalo - - This team was 8-49 in 5 years before he arrived. Three years later, they won the conference.

Kansas - - Be fair to the man: Could ANYBODY have done well with that bare cupboard? Worse yet, the Big 12 was simultaneously at its Apex during his brief, 2-year stint. Not even Tom Osborne could have had a winning record under those conditions.

Liberty - - Three winning seasons in a row. They have gotten better each season. They are currently in the semi-finals of the FCS playoffs.

Turner has NEVER had talent at any of his stops. He has always had to pick the leftovers after schools like Akron, Toledo, or North Texas have finished picking through the rubble. Imagine what this man could do with some actual talent.

I'm not advocating hiring someone just because they were a former Husker. This man can coach and he's still young enough. Better yet, he has grown since his days at Kansas. Also he won't be learning on the job. Be honest: Wouldn't it be nice to have a coach who actually loved being a Husker? Turner has always been a winner. Imagine Turner getting the team ready for Wisconsin. None of this four-man-rush, fall-on-your-face B.S. Turner would have us winning these games.

Would love to see Turner come home.

How is liberty already in the 3rd round of the playoffs when the 1st round games were completed today?

Not if there are only 120 jobs in your profession...
But there are hundreda of thousands of football coaching jobs in the country. I include high school coaching (head and assistants) and assistant coaches in college football.