Player tweets on Pelini firing

Vincent Valentine Jr @TheRealVRVJ · 8m 8 minutes ago

Really tho 1f602.png RT “@Rose_IveyNB15: Basically we woke up to a break up text over an email... how you expect us to feel?”

0 replies 14 retweets 55 favorites

I still love Husker Nation 100 percent tho, don't get me wrong at all.

0 replies 88 retweets 376 favorites

I don't think they understand this from a players perspective.

0 replies 83 retweets 175 favorites

I don't see how this decision will help the program. If anything, it'll make it worst honestly.

0 replies 99 retweets 157 favorites

Coach Kaz is one of the best coaches doing it, his resume speaks for itself. A man who I would want leading us into battle every Saturday.

0 replies 35 retweets 115 favorites

At a loss for words. Wouldn't be where I am in my career without Bo & Kaz. Best coaches I ever played for. I can't believe this.

I really hope nobody even dares to criticize the players for voicing their frustrations.

They're young and pretty much their entire lives are centered around being football players here, and the most important to that their entire time here has been Bo Pelini. It would be tough for anyone to wake up on a Sunday morning to that news.

Keep your heads up boys - do what you think is right for yourself but know that we have your backs regardless.

• Fire 1

Gerry was the one of the players I really, really wanted to see mature.....he is going to be absolute stud.... I haven't seen his tweet.....must be bad...... how can anyone think VV is staying when he flat out says we will be worse !

Avoid drawing any conclusions. There is so much left of this situation yet to play out. The players will feel what they feel, then they'll start to think. Will all of them stay? Difficult to predict. But let's not overvalue heat of the moment talk.