Player tweets on Pelini firing

Josh Mitchell

I'm not saying all the nebraska fans are douche's 99% of u aren't & I love the fans & appreciate all the support but the 1% of u that are

I find this to be pretty accurate.

i also find it ironic that these players have shown ZERO ability to ignore that whole mighty 1% percent. Lookin at you too Kenny. We say this decision is more than wins and losses. This is a perfect example. The obvious cultural breakdown.

Honestly, in this day and age, it's impossible to make this large of an announcement on short notice to a large football team. I think the way SE is handling this is just fine.

No, it's not impossible.

Tell the players and coaches that there is a mandatory team meeting when they get off the bus at Lincoln. Eichorst looks them in the eye and tells them, and then doesn't let each player stew and fret alone and answers any questions or concerns that they might have.

• Fire 1

I think it's a mistake to judge the players too harshly based on what they're saying today or even this week. In my view, none of them should even be on Twitter, but whatever. They're kids reacting based on emotion to the loss of people close to them. Their head coach and respective coordinators and position coaches are all likely gone. So for each player, that means that at least three guys who they considered friends, mentors, and even father figures are gone. That must be incredibly tough. So cut them a lot of slack. They're hurting and venting in the only way they know.

• Fire 1
i also find it ironic that these players have shown ZERO ability to ignore that whole mighty 1% percent. Lookin at you too Kenny. We say this decision is more than wins and losses. This is a perfect example. The obvious cultural breakdown.

Yeah, like what has Bell ever done for this team more than we t-shirt fans have accomplished? Has Kenny even SEEN our post counts? Some of these rants came while many of us were typing injured, yet we manned up.

The nerve!

• Fire 1

The players reaction is expected. I am sure that things will settle themselves out shortly. No player will make an emotional decision to leave the program. They'll talk and scream, but at the end of the day make the best decision for themselves based on the facts, not emotions. Sadly, like I tell my own kids. The internet is permanent. be careful what you post on social media as it stays for the world to see.

The sad thing for me, is the players attacking the fans. Now some fan tweets some asinine comment, fire back, but there appear to be some pretty angry tweets towards the fans. It goes into the perception that the culture in the program is "us vs them" and the fans are the "them". Pereption perceived is often reality achieved........ Barney's comments about the 9 wins shows that the staff has that mentality as well and is taught, learned and unfortunately accepted......Getting over "this" hump might be substantially harder than the 9-4 hump.

IMO, the whole letting Cotton coach the game is a slap in the face to the fans, Bo and the team. A classless, BS move by SE. My initial thought was the decision was based on facts, trajectory of program and a clearly defined list of expectations that were not met. Cotton coaching has me second guessing the decision making process SE used.

Yeah, like what has Bell ever done for this team more than we t-shirt fans have accomplished? Has Kenny even SEEN our post counts? Some of these rants came while many of us were typing injured, yet we manned up.

The nerve!

It is interesting how much flak KB takes for being a bit more candid than maybe some would care for. 4 year starter did nothing but make big time catches, blocked like a beast, played through injury, and never had a single off the field issue.....and the way people talk about him here you'd think he was the cancer of all cancers in the program.

• Fire 1