Player tweets on Pelini firing

What happens with the players will totally depend on the hire. We get Tressel or a big name we could actually end up surging in recruiting at the end. I have to believe this is gonna be wrapped up quickly. The current players don't worry me. A year of eligibility is no joke especially if you are already a starter. And honestly, Armstrong leaving wouldn't bother me at all as I don't think he is a legitimate starting QB.

• Fire 2

On mobile so I can't post the tweets but Michael Rose had some good ones earlier. I think he understands the situation and looked at it with a clear head.

Seemed mad earlier but then came around a bit. I like this kid. He wants to make Nebraska a great program and I think he'll do anything he can to help retain recruits.

Fan adoration and $ is very important to heavily recruited players named Johnny Manziel

I fixed it for you.

Seriously, do you think a deer hunter, golfer, or sandlot player needs (or even wants) a roaring crowd to make his sport more enjoyable?...then why would a linebacker or tight end need you? It's exciting whether your seat is filled or not. I know that's a harsh reality to those of you who say "we" when a Nebraska football team takes the field, but do you think the players play with less emotion and enthusiasm at Northwestern, because there are far fewer fans and the are much less vocal?

...or do you "die hard, lifelong fans" need 90,000 seats and cable TV to try to make yourselves part of Alex Henery's kick against Colorado or Ron Kellogg's Hail Mary pass? Making college football a huge spectator industry gives you all a chance to buy into the excitement and make yourself part of those epic games and plays?

• Fire 1