Player tweets on Pelini firing

Count, what if he explained the rumored ultimatum that led to his firing? Maybe, he didn't want to burden or pressure them with that during the season. They were blindsided by a email on a Sunday morning and finally got the chance to hear from their coach. I don't think everything has to be so devious. Some have made Pelini personal, and they are only seeing things one way.

Based on the tweets, it's obvious the players have some trust issues (with admins, fans, media is probably jusitified imo). These may be completely valid. They are also very hard to come back from if lack of trust gets ingraned in the team culture. My view right now is everybody is a bit in the wrong, just need to repair the damage and hope it's short-lived...

And i wonder why the players would have trust issues with AD, admin, etc. Two letters come mind.

BO.

Hes painted the picture of them vs the world, media, fans. That is a VERY unhealthy thing to do to a program and any coach that puts a wedge between its players and fans is a disgrace. This is the top reason he will probably never get another HC job at a top power five program. That has to be one of the top rules a HC should never break.

• Fire 2

Remember what i posted Yesterday in the pelini getting another job thread. Man, does seem surreal-or spmethin-now.

You know what scares me the most?

Looking back now without my RosyRed blinders on, and seeing what's going on and this apparent sh**ty culture and so on, I have this really sh**ty feeling that at some point in the future, near or far, we're gonna look back on these seven years and say, without a doubt, that Bo did more damage to this program than Callahan and Pedersen did. Does anyone else have this eery feeling?

And I defended the guy till nearly the bitter end. But it was for what I thought was the best for the PROGRAM, at the time. Last year after the Iowa game when I assumed he was gone, I was ready for a fresh start then. When it was said he was coming back, I jumped back on. Spent the offseason defending him in the same arguments over and over. Using the same 9wins bullsh#t and ridiculous propaganda that I laugh at now, for the sake of blind support of the program. Then I swiftly got a stiff kick to the balls with the Michigan St game and gradually started losing hope. Wisconsin was the final dagger. It was the final twist of that dagger. I can stand here now and admit I was wrong. I have no problem with that, even though it shouldnt be about being right and wrong. It should be about support for the PROGRAM, not a coach. And what I see from some who are still fighting the good fight with Bo is probably not support for Bo, but rather a strong unwillingness to admit to being wrong after sticking by to the bitter end. And like I said, it shouldnt be about that. It should be about support of the PROGRAM regardless of the coach. I'll probably wanna bitch slap the first person the pulls the "i told you so card" the first time our new coach loses a game.

Then yesterday, the tweets from the players, even thought the emotional state is understandable, the direction of their anger is just very concerning to me. The culture that has been established in that lockeroom is flat out scary to me.

Thoughts?

• Fire 1

Count, what if he explained the rumored ultimatum that led to his firing? Maybe he didn't want to burden or pressure them with that during the season. They were blindsided by a email on a Sunday morning after an emotional win and finally got the chance to hear from their coach who was unexpectedly fired. I don't think everything has to be so devious. Some have made Pelini personal, and they are only seeing things one way. I don't know what happened in that room, but I respect their privacy and am glad they got the chance to say goodbye to their coach and mentor.

well ill admit quick and in a hurry that i am overreacting a little. But some of these statements just agrevate me. Theres bee. An obvious lack of education that is necessary for guys to play in the proverbial fishbowl. The whole meeting thing is fine and all no issue with that. But why so much angst towards fans and the admin all the time? Tey dont think this sh#t up on tgeir own. Its been reciprocated to them over and over.

Charles davis said it best. Im not realy mad. My feelings are hurt.

Preach it, brother. I suspect you're a bit drunk, but I like it. Would give you plus one, but I'm outta bullets for the day.

not drunk. Just iphone, fat fingers, and autocorrect off. Its up to you guys to interpret

My bad. Someone else threw it out there and I must admit I've been reading your posts in a drunk voice with slurred speech. It's actually kind of fun. I actually cracked open a cold one myself (with a Nebraska koozie) to catch up to you. Anyway, whatever the cause of the typos, your content is spot on.

• Fire 1

Remember what i posted Yesterday in the pelini getting another job thread. Man, does seem surreal-or spmethin-now.

Looking back now without my RosyRed blinders on, and seeing what's going on and this apparent sh**ty culture and so on, I have this really sh**ty feeling that at some point in the future, near or far, we're gonna look back on these seven years and say, without a doubt, that Bo did more damage to this program than Callahan and Pedersen did. Does anyone else have this eery feeling?

And I defended the guy till nearly the bitter end. But it was for what I thought was the best for the PROGRAM, at the time. Last year after the Iowa game when I assumed he was gone, I was ready for a fresh start then. When it was said he was coming back, I jumped back on. Spent the offseason defending him in the same arguments over and over. Using the same 9wins bullsh#t and ridiculous propaganda that I laugh at now, for the sake of blind support of the program. Then I swiftly got a stiff kick to the balls with the Michigan St game and gradually started losing hope. Wisconsin was the final dagger. It was the final twist of that dagger. I can stand here now and admit I was wrong. I have no problem with that, even though it shouldnt be about being right and wrong. It should be about support for the PROGRAM, not a coach. And what I see from some who are still fighting the good fight with Bo is probably not support for Bo, but rather a strong unwillingness to admit to being wrong after sticking by to the bitter end. And like I said, it shouldnt be about that. It should be about support of the PROGRAM regardless of the coach. I'll probably wanna bitch slap the first person the pulls the "i told you so card" the first time our new coach loses a game.

Then yesterday, the tweets from the players, even thought the emotional state is understandable, the direction of their anger is just very concerning to me. The culture that has been established in that lockeroom is flat out scary to me.

Thoughts?

I think you are kicking yourself a little too much but I know the feeling. I look at it like a company that was doomed from the get go; really more bad than good came out of it but I wouldn't trade the experience.

As far as the lockerrom culture - that is flat out scary. I hope to <insert deity of choice here> it is contained solely within the football team and the next coach can change it withough having to turnover the entire roster. The culture issues will linger longest of all, as everyone here know...

Step off the ledge, Count. He's gone. Breathe.

Follow your own advice.

You've mentioned you've played sports at a high level, some of these kids aren't saying the right things. That's a reflection of the job done by the former staff.

It's best to move on at this point.

Follow your own advice.

You've mentioned you've played sports at a high level, some of these kids aren't saying the right things. That's a reflection of the job done by the former staff.

hes right tho polo. I needed a breath. Q knows me. Weve met though briefly. We chat all the time. He knows im gettin a little carried away here. Though i know what im saying is proper perspective, he can sense my anger pretty good, and it may in fact be a little misplaced.

Thoughts?

Like you I'm more hurt than anything. The leaked audio from Ohio State killed me. If we had any AD other than Osborne at the time, Bo would have, and should have, been fired on the spot. To me, our program was led by a man who despised the fans, the state, the program, everything. And he taught these young men to do the same. I am not even a native Nebraskan. A lot of you were born into it, but I came from San Diego and fell in love with the state, the school, the people. My love of all things Nebraska runs deep and it really bothers me when someone tries to tear at any part of that, especially when it seems they've tried to use brainwashed child soldiers to do the damage.

• Fire 1

Follow your own advice.

I'm quite calm and have moved on. I've tried to report what has happened on Twitter. I'm sorry I don't take this personal. I'm not wound tightly around conspiracy theories and message board rumors. I don't feel this is worse than Callahan/Pederson, and therefore might not agree with you and others.
  • Fire 2

yeah. Breath. Lol

Im so emotionally invested in this school tgat this feeling of division aggrevates me more than callahan and petersen. Serious.

And exhale

And you want to talk about mental toughness of these kids? You sound like you're one player tweet away from a breakdown.

Follow your own advice.

I'm quite calm and have moved on. I've tried to report what has happened on Twitter. I'm sorry I don't take this personal. I'm not wound tightly around conspiracy theories and message board rumors. I don't feel this is worse than Callahan/Pederson, and therefore might not agree with you and others.

I think the main point here is this.

If Bo was in any way fired for the "off the field issues" that were brought up at length, or how he built walls, why in the living hell he was allowed to have this meeting on university grounds or otherwise is a bad move. You're giving a person who snarls at management, now fired by management a chance to to really go off in front of impressionable people about how management screwed them.

I don't know who's idea that was, Cotton would be my first guess as he's in immediate charge, but Eichorst should have known better too. I mean, that's just ridiculous.

And now look, these players, who will still wear the N in a few weeks against another team that won't care about their plight, are sniping about how this team better win something huge or they should get mad at the N.

Eichorst was man enough to publicly express how much he liked Bo and his family in his official released statement, and several times in his pleasure. He then reiterated how much he's thinking about the players.

Judging by some of the tweets, that wasn't reciprocated.

Like I said, let's just bury the hatchet and put this horsesh#t behind us. It's a horrible way to run a railroad, athletic team, company, or whatever.

yeah. Breath. Lol

Im so emotionally invested in this school tgat this feeling of division aggrevates me more than callahan and petersen. Serious.

And exhale

And you want to talk about mental toughness of these kids? You sound like you're one player tweet away from a breakdown.
show me the light dr phil.