Our next head coach may be coaching in a CCG next week

His best season in FBS is 10-3, he has 4 ACC Coastal Division Championships (The 2009 conference championship was vacated because of sanctions), a 3-7 bowl record, and his records from 2010 to 2013 were: 6-7, 8-5, 7-7, and 7-6. I don't see him much, if any, more impressive than Bo.

This

Yup GT is good this year, the previous four were years we'd be pissed as hell about. Plus that bowl records tell you something about his potential for the big stage. His O scheme just doesn't work nearly as well when a well coached defense has time to prep for it. His best team got eaten alive by an Iowa squad that was good but nothing special. Plus dude is and always will be a meh recruiter. We'd be good under Johnson, but he's not a guy that can make us a national power.

My top three:

1. Scott Frost

2. Greg Schiano

3. The Dude from Colorado State

No on all, I would hope that there is surely a better proven coach out there then these 3.

McElwain is 4-8, 8-4, 10-2. CSU was 3 - 8 the previous year and 16-33 over the previous 4 years. McElwain took a complete loser football team and turned them into winners in 2 years. He was also an OC under Nick Saban. How much more proof do you require?

Here's his Wiki page that details his career.

McElwain is 4-8, 8-4, 10-2. CSU was 3 - 8 the previous year and 16-33 over the previous 4 years. McElwain took a complete loser football team and turned them into winners in 2 years. He was also an OC under Nick Saban. How much more proof do you require?

Bo got us about that far as well, it was that next hump that he couldn't get us over. I have no opinion on McElwain one way or the other - but the only thing he's proven is that he can turn a "loser" football team into a competitive one. For the most part, we've already got one of those. Maybe he gets us 1 more win a year? Or can he get us 2-3? I don't think there's any proof that he can get us 2-3.

Bo got us about that far as well, it was that next hump that he couldn't get us over. I have no opinion on McElwain one way or the other - but the only thing he's proven is that he can turn a "loser" football team into a competitive one. For the most part, we've already got one of those. Maybe he gets us 1 more win a year? Or can he get us 2-3? I don't think there's any proof that he can get us 2-3.

So, you're only going to get excited about a coach that has won NCs before? If so, that list is extremely short.

What constitutes enough proof for you? And you didn't even look at his Wiki page for his accomplishments to date. There simply wasn't enough time between when I posted and you did.

No one is going to have to rebuild the Nebraska program from the ground up.

What constitutes enough proof for you? And you didn't even look at his Wiki page for his accomplishments to date. There simply wasn't enough time between when I posted and you did.

I've seen his wiki pages and read his bios - he's been talked about on here for the last 2 weeks - you're way late to the party.

You're insinuating that a 10-2 record at CSU is proof that he can go 12-2 or 13-1 at Nebraska. I'm saying it doesn't prove anything. He's a good coach, probably towards the top of any list I'd put out there, but basing your opinion on his Wiki page isn't a very valid argument to me.

All I'm saying is that getting over that hump is difficult. And he's never done that yet either.

I don't know what you're expecting....Saban or Urban? But neither is coming here.

If we're a 9-10 win team now...an extra win or two makes us conference champions and title contenders.

There are no guarantees, but McElwain is in our wheelhouse and is a proven head coach with an ability to win at a school with atrocious facilities and fan support. He may not be your first choice, but he is a qualified candidate.

So, you're only going to get excited about a coach that has won NCs before? If so, that list is extremely short.

I'd be excited about McElwain, but working for Saban and 1 good season at CSU doesn't constitute "proof" that he is going to be a successful coach here. He might be, he might not. I'd feel a lot better about a few other guys getting us over the hump.

And honestly, I'm more interested in the guys he's going to bring with him than the HC himself. Would you feel good with CSU's entire staff? Because you'll likely be getting most of them w/ a change. Anyone cared to look into them? Probably not. But those are they guys you'll all be bitching about a year from now.

I've seen his wiki pages and read his bios - he's been talked about on here for the last 2 weeks - you're way late to the party.

You're insinuating that a 10-2 record at CSU is proof that he can go 12-2 or 13-1 at Nebraska. I'm saying it doesn't prove anything. He's a good coach, probably towards the top of any list I'd put out there, but basing your opinion on his Wiki page isn't a very valid argument to me.

All I'm saying is that getting over that hump is difficult. And he's never done that yet either.

I'm not insinuating anything of the sort. I'm simply showing his previous record as a coach because that's ALL we have to go on.

Whether or not he can take us from where we are now, barely a Top 25 team, to a team competing for championships remains to be seen. However, his record shows him to be a winner and he's worked with good coaches like Nick Saban.

Taking a team that went 16-33 in their previous 4 years to a 10-2 record in 3 years is a pretty impressive feat, especially since he did it in Fort Collins.