Omaha 1620 The zone: Dan Mullen following...

He may have trouble recruiting here with our higher admission standards

UGA grad and husker fan on mullen:

UGA grad here,go to Lincoln about once a yr w/best friend,Husker season tix holder.Love games there--Y'all do NOT want Mullen. There is a reason he wasn't given the time of day by UF when Meyer left and isn't now.Foley knows him better than just about any other AD,MSU,excepted.And won't hire him. 1 )He's an ass.Would not fit well w/Husker fans or admin AT ALL (brusque,loud,from NH) 2) his O has to have a special QB,Tebow or Prescott--thay don't come around often 3) BIG DEAL-- little known fact: in Miss,it's a state law that any instate juco graduating from a JUCO in the state system,HAS to be accepted into any 4 yr school w/in the system.Entrance requirement to Miss Jucos is a PULSE.Bottom line:there is a pipeline from 4 jucos in Miss,where virtual non qualifiers,can go to juco,then play at Ole Miss,MSU and S. Miss.-- That ain't happening at UN.Y'all have integrity and deserve a classy coach. That AIN'T Mullen.--Y'all need an O guy whose a TOP SALESMAN and recruiter,that can get OOS kids to want come and be part of a great tradition.Great school,fans and tradition,but weather and distance make it a tough sell,especially to warm weather kids..

He may have trouble recruiting here with our higher admission standards

UGA grad and husker fan on mullen:

UGA grad here,go to Lincoln about once a yr w/best friend,Husker season tix holder.Love games there--Y'all do NOT want Mullen. There is a reason he wasn't given the time of day by UF when Meyer left and isn't now.Foley knows him better than just about any other AD,MSU,excepted.And won't hire him. 1 )He's an ass.Would not fit well w/Husker fans or admin AT ALL (brusque,loud,from NH) 2) his O has to have a special QB,Tebow or Prescott--thay don't come around often 3) BIG DEAL-- little known fact: in Miss,it's a state law that any instate juco graduating from a JUCO in the state system,HAS to be accepted into any 4 yr school w/in the system.Entrance requirement to Miss Jucos is a PULSE.Bottom line:there is a pipeline from 4 jucos in Miss,where virtual non qualifiers,can go to juco,then play at Ole Miss,MSU and S. Miss.-- That ain't happening at UN.Y'all have integrity and deserve a classy coach. That AIN'T Mullen.--Y'all need an O guy whose a TOP SALESMAN and recruiter,that can get OOS kids to want come and be part of a great tradition.Great school,fans and tradition,but weather and distance make it a tough sell,especially to warm weather kids..

it's not the schools entrance requirements that matter, it's the NCAA. just because they can be accepted to the Miss schools doesn't mean they are eligible to play - one does not equal the other. not saying our admissions standards aren't higher, but at the end of the day it's the NCAA standards that matter and I can't think of too many cases where they've met those, yet failed to gain entrance to Nebraska. maybe once?

and considering miss st. hasn't pulled in any more than 2-3 JUCO guys year it doesn't seem to be much of a "pipeline" when their classes average 28+

i would be pretty excited for mullen. i would have been more excited if i didn't get myself all in a tizzy over tressel.

I'm not caving into the Tressel hoopla that's going on. I looked over Mullen's career and he's had some issues beating ranked teams until recently. He seems like a good coach. Would he do well with Husker talent?