No Coast Bias diagnoses the 'Bunker Mentality' that has plagued Nebraska

Don't we also have players saying we have the best fans in college football, thanking the fans, etc.? I can see the argument about this "bunker mentality," but I think it is grossly exaggerated.

Post up the tweets if you've got 'em. All I see is "smh, ya'll are the worse."

In any event, the article in the OP appears to be unavailable now.

Don't we also have players saying we have the best fans in college football, thanking the fans, etc.? I can see the argument about this "bunker mentality," but I think it is grossly exaggerated.

Is your Google machine broke? This took me all of 27 seconds:

It's been a blessing husker nation, thank you. 1f60e.png270c.pnghttp://instagram.com/p/vtKTS3ujTc/

I appreciate the overwhelming love & support I've received over the past few days. I appreciate you ALL, and THANK YOU!!! #SALUTE

Couldn’t have said it better ourselves. Thanks #Huskers fans, there is #NoPlace like Nebraska. http://bit.ly/1ydPeH1

B3dNxMsCYAAapV8.jpg

I agree this attitude had become a huge problem within the football program and resulted in a lot of these inexplicable, fundamental breakdowns. It's the reason #9wins became an acceptable standard, instead of the mediocre floor it had been previously.

-----------------------------

Sam McKewon wrote about the divide today as well:

In the latter part of the Pelini era, players worried about things not only way out of their control, but nearly out of Pelini's control. Some in the media became preoccupied with it, too. Instead of telling good stories about players – the kids actually doing the on-field work – you saw more veering off into repeated thinkpieces about whether Husker fans were fair to Pelini, whether national perception of Pelini's image was fair, whether national perception was better than local perception, whether Pelini was getting the right support, whether the administrators watching Pelini were being properly watched themselves, whether Pelini's sudden cat fancy changed fans' opinion of him, on and on and on. Bo, Bo, Bo. Politics, politics, politics. The players often got lost in the discussion. Their voices, too.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mending-husker-fences/article_30233f1a-7b38-11e4-aaef-873fb38c967d.html

Is your Google machine broke? This took me all of 27 seconds:

It's been a blessing husker nation, thank you. 1f60e.png270c.pnghttp://instagram.com/p/vtKTS3ujTc/

I appreciate the overwhelming love & support I've received over the past few days. I appreciate you ALL, and THANK YOU!!! #SALUTE

Couldn’t have said it better ourselves. Thanks #Huskers fans, there is #NoPlace like Nebraska. http://bit.ly/1ydPeH1

B3dNxMsCYAAapV8.jpg

Right, so one of your examples is a tweet that came eight days before Bo was fired and was clearly KB's send off in light of his last game, the other KB tweet is ambiguous as to who is providing the support (friends, family?), and the last one is from the Athletic Department's official twitter account (I would hope the AD hasn't caught the Bo-anti-fan flu) which merely repeats an undated quote from Kalu (and, in any event, the AD's tweet pre-dated Bo's firing by three days).

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that a player has never said a nice thing to the fans. I just haven't seen any tweet from a player since Bo's firing that is pro-fan. It's all been pro-Bo and very anti-Eichorst, fan base, and program in general. If it exists, I have not seen it.

I agree this attitude had become a huge problem within the football program and resulted in a lot of these inexplicable, fundamental breakdowns. It's the reason #9wins became an acceptable standard, instead of the mediocre floor it had been previously.

-----------------------------

Sam McKewon wrote about the divide today as well:

In the latter part of the Pelini era, players worried about things not only way out of their control, but nearly out of Pelini's control. Some in the media became preoccupied with it, too. Instead of telling good stories about players – the kids actually doing the on-field work – you saw more veering off into repeated thinkpieces about whether Husker fans were fair to Pelini, whether national perception of Pelini's image was fair, whether national perception was better than local perception, whether Pelini was getting the right support, whether the administrators watching Pelini were being properly watched themselves, whether Pelini's sudden cat fancy changed fans' opinion of him, on and on and on. Bo, Bo, Bo. Politics, politics, politics. The players often got lost in the discussion. Their voices, too.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mending-husker-fences/article_30233f1a-7b38-11e4-aaef-873fb38c967d.html

I disagree with McKeown. The players' "walk through walls" and "play against a team of demons at the gates of hell" metaphors were well chronicled by the media and fans. Those voices were heard.

Right, so one of your examples is a tweet that came eight days before Bo was fired and was clearly KB's send off in light of his last game, the other KB tweet is ambiguous as to who is providing the support (friends, family?), and the last one is from the Athletic Department's official twitter account (I would hope the AD hasn't caught the Bo-anti-fan flu) which merely repeats an undated quote from Kalu (and, in any event, the AD's tweet pre-dated Bo's firing by three days).

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that a player has never said a nice thing to the fans. I just haven't seen any tweet from a player since Bo's firing that is pro-fan. It's all been pro-Bo and very anti-Eichorst, fan base, and program in general. If it exists, I have not seen it.

Why do you or any of us fans need to hear that from the players now? It's not they're gonna tweet:

"Love my coach, been a real inspiration to not only me as a player, but as a man. I will miss him"

and then add 2 minutes later:

"Oh yeah, best fans in the nation!"