Mike Riley's Staff

I am disappointed that Riley is keeping Warren. The DBs have tried to shoulder tackle way too often. This poor technique was showcased against Wisconsin. Also, the DBs don't seem to have a nose for the ball other than Gerry. I want Riley to go after the best, and I don't think Warren is the best. Is Warren a good recruiter? Maybe that is why Riley wants him.

You guys do know Mike was a DB at bama...

Don't know your guy but you'll be fine there .02

OSU CLASS of 2001, nice board here.

Welcome, Rusty!

Thanks, been lurking on you guys since it hit the fan.

I am disappointed that Riley is keeping Warren. The DBs have tried to shoulder tackle way too often. This poor technique was showcased against Wisconsin. Also, the DBs don't seem to have a nose for the ball other than Gerry. I want Riley to go after the best, and I don't think Warren is the best. Is Warren a good recruiter? Maybe that is why Riley wants him.

You guys do know Mike was a DB at bama...

Don't know your guy but you'll be fine there .02

OSU CLASS of 2001, nice board here.

yeah....

wait. What?

confused-o.gif

Nebraska didn't go after the best (or even close) HC so why would you think riley would? Warren may be as good of a coach as riley has ever hired. There isn't exactly a "Mike Riley coaching tree" that everyone wants to pluck from.

Also, does anyone find it really weird Mike Nobler was let go? He was a video coordinator and had nothing to do with Football Ops. I'm confused on that one. Feel bad for the guy...

Agreed, I think he was really good too. I'm starting to wonder more and more if it really is MR and his buddies retirement fund.

Also, does anyone find it really weird Mike Nobler was let go? He was a video coordinator and had nothing to do with Football Ops. I'm confused on that one. Feel bad for the guy...

Agreed, I think he was really good too. I'm starting to wonder more and more if it really is MR and his buddies retirement fund.

Please, tell us more.

I say his contract is a hefty one for five years, I think 14.5 million, yeah a good retirement to Texas.

Eichorst is busy passing out pink slips right before Christmas isn't he? I'd like to blame Bo on this one...but this is entirely on SE.

List of those gone here: http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/nebraska-support-staff-changes-in-works/article_a2cf0561-c5c8-5df4-ae4f-2d24f83292cf.html

This is not too surprising. These are the behind the scene guys that work with players or recruits. Cleaning house removes Bo from the program and gives Riley a changes to develop his own support staff. The most curious firing is Mike Nobler, video coordinator. The dude is solid at his job, but my guess is that Riley will hire his son.

Eichorst is busy passing out pink slips right before Christmas isn't he? I'd like to blame Bo on this one...but this is entirely on SE.

List of those gone here: http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/nebraska-support-staff-changes-in-works/article_a2cf0561-c5c8-5df4-ae4f-2d24f83292cf.html

Be honest. Do you want any loyal ties to Bo at this point? Face it. The entire football office needs cleaned out. It's that simple. Pretty sure Kaz's fate is sealed after all this. We know where he stands. Curious as to why HE was the only coach there.

Be honest with yourselves. Would you have given a sh#t about a video guy if he wasn't the funny, goofy guy that Nobler was? Give me a break.

So Bo does enough to get himself fired which in turn makes every other job in the football department vulnerable to turnover and it's the AD's fault? No one likes to see people lose their jobs but that is the business of major college athletics.

If you don't have the stomach for it, go play intramurals, brotha.

So Bo does enough to get himself fired which in turn makes every other job in the football department vulnerable to turnover and it's the AD's fault? No one likes to see people lose their jobs but that is the business of major college athletics.

If you don't have the stomach for it, go play intramurals, brotha.

Well we know the AD was invisible most of the time...now he's cutting the fat based on what he perceives to be ties to Bo? We can't have it both ways...he is either the invisible assassin or the opposite.

I'm not upset about him doing so...but I want people to realize that SE's trimming of the Husker tree is entirely based on his own perception of things and is most likely not merit based on their actions.

Guilty by association is a crappy concept to base these on...specifically in non-coaching roles.

Its a normal procedure in most businesses. Eichorst has to do it to bring in people he can work with. Hold-overs never go smoothly.