Mike Riley's Staff

All four are eligible for postseason bonuses should Nebraska reach certain milestones. Assistants receive five percent of their salary if NU wins or ties for the Big Ten West Division or 15 percent if NU wins the Big Ten. In terms of bowl games, the highest achievement of the following percentages would apply: 8.33 percent for a bowl game outside the New Year's Six, 16.67 percent for a New Year's Six bowl game, 20 percent for a College Football Playoff semifinal berth, 22.5 percent for a CFP title game berth, or 25 percent for a national title.

OWH

Brian Christopherson ‏@HuskerExtraBC 13s14 seconds ago

Cavanaugh's contract states it will increase from $400,000 to $450,000 starting Feb. 1, 22016.

22016?? That bastard plans to be here a while.

is there some clause if the sun burns out?

Yes. He is guaranteed an escape pod to another galaxy. Don't tell anyone though. I've already said too much!

and he will have to coach moonball in a different galaxy?

Moonball?! Pfft. There's no such thing!

How do you know about moonball?!

i can't say. but i've been recruited for my intergalactic skills.

Who's recruiting you? The Andromeda Anacondas?

i wish i could stay that close to home. but, no. the aquarius dwarf galaxy stars.

Also on “Sports Nightly,” Riley referenced Mark Banker as his defensive coordinator, a tag that he hadn’t previously applied when Riley first announced four assistant coaches that would be following him from Oregon State. Banker had been Riley’s defensive coordinator in Corvallis for 14 seasons, and the two also were together with the San Diego Chargers.

“I trust him -- his work ethic, his knowledge, the way he works with young men,” Riley said. “His experience is vast, and I want an experienced person at that position.”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/riley-enthused-about-keeping-warren-on-huskers-staff/article_0ad678ea-871c-11e4-a1da-7f456f091d0d.html

AkmpzF1.gif

• Fire 1

I am disappointed that Riley is keeping Warren. The DBs have tried to shoulder tackle way too often. This poor technique was showcased against Wisconsin. Also, the DBs don't seem to have a nose for the ball other than Gerry. I want Riley to go after the best, and I don't think Warren is the best. Is Warren a good recruiter? Maybe that is why Riley wants him.

Ever think not having a nose for the ball is more about the system? The Db's don't attack and play with their back to the ball in the match up zone with man concepts he liked to run.
Ya, i have a very hard time believing thats a Warren issue. Hes Air Force, so most players playing there are normally not very big and not as talented as teams they are going up against. You would not teach those players to tackle like that. I think things will change with his teaching now he is out from under the thumb of Bo.