Mike Riley's Staff

Eichorst is busy passing out pink slips right before Christmas isn't he? I'd like to blame Bo on this one...but this is entirely on SE.

List of those gone here: http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/nebraska-support-staff-changes-in-works/article_a2cf0561-c5c8-5df4-ae4f-2d24f83292cf.html

So Bo does enough to get himself fired which in turn makes every other job in the football department vulnerable to turnover and it's the AD's fault? No one likes to see people lose their jobs but that is the business of major college athletics.

If you don't have the stomach for it, go play intramurals, brotha.

Well we know the AD was invisible most of the time...now he's cutting the fat based on what he perceives to be ties to Bo? We can't have it both ways...he is either the invisible assassin or the opposite.

I'm not upset about him doing so...but I want people to realize that SE's trimming of the Husker tree is entirely based on his own perception of things and is most likely not merit based on their actions.

Guilty by association is a crappy concept to base these on...specifically in non-coaching roles.

Do you know that it is him doing the trimming other than Bo? Or is Riley setting up his own staff just like Bo did? These people know what the system is.

After the total mess that Bo has made this entire transition and how he has attempted to affect the emotions on the team moving forward, I am VERY VERY VERY glad we have a head coach that isn't learning on the job and has experience and is bringing a staff that (at least so far) appears to not be learning on the job.

These guys need to be able to deprogram the kids that are on the team and change the culture to a more productive and positive influence on their lives.

I'm glad we have Riley.

• Fire 1

Also, does anyone find it really weird Mike Nobler was let go? He was a video coordinator and had nothing to do with Football Ops. I'm confused on that one. Feel bad for the guy...

Agreed, I think he was really good too. I'm starting to wonder more and more if it really is MR and his buddies retirement fund.

Please, tell us more.

This is not odd. I had a buddy who had the same job under Callahan. He lost his job when Callahan got fired. Due to social media, you now are able to see these fires & hires. Before, it was not considered news worthy. And it still is not today.

• Fire 1

It seems like we will have a better view into what goes on within the program with these new guys. They have been tweeting pics of calling recruits, watching film and taking recruits on tours. We never seen that from the previous staff.

It does have the feeling that they are trying to include the fans into their system

I agree. It's a nice change of pace, and much appreciated.

So, who is the third guy in this picture?

#Huskers RT @TheGundy: Watching 2016 LBs with @Coach_Bray, had to wear my #Blackshirts hat! #GBR

B5JUwRwCIAA_htE.jpg

The one closest is Gunderson. I think the middle guy is Bray, who is the third?

Banker

So, he's depositing his paycheck at the same time he is reviewing recruits films?

#multitasking

Also, does anyone find it really weird Mike Nobler was let go? He was a video coordinator and had nothing to do with Football Ops. I'm confused on that one. Feel bad for the guy...

Nobler was very close friends with Bo. I don't think Riley, or anyone in the AD, wants holdovers that had close relationships with Bo. Too much potential for bad blood there.