Mike Riley's Staff

So Banker is NOT defensive coordinator at this time. Hmmmm.

Hard to imagine he would follow Riley, and take a step down to position coach. If so the guy has no ego.....

Well lets take a look at his situation. 1) He remains in Corvalis as an unemployed former DC of a school who lost their coach and his longtime boss to Nebraska ...or 2) He follows Riley as a position coaching making $300k+.

Still hard to imagine?

Step down...is kind of an odd term in coaching...in the business world if you are a manager and then you get demoted back down it is clearly odd.

In coaching he would still be in on the development of the defensive game plan he just would not be making the calls and would only have to worry about his unit.

So Banker is NOT defensive coordinator at this time. Hmmmm.

Hard to imagine he would follow Riley, and take a step down to position coach. If so the guy has no ego.....

Well lets take a look at his situation. 1) He remains in Corvalis as an unemployed former DC of a school who lost their coach and his longtime boss to Nebraska ...or 2) He follows Riley as a position coaching making $300k+.

Still hard to imagine?

That is good way to put it!

Sounds like garrison and cotton are going to unlv

Per footballscoop if they hold any clout anymore

I do find it funny that Footballscoop is the one breaking this news.

I am surprised that Garrison is going with Cotton. Maybe that puts down the rumors that Garrison was held back by Cotton on how he really wanted to coach the O line.

I am disappointed that Riley is keeping Warren. The DBs have tried to shoulder tackle way too often. This poor technique was showcased against Wisconsin. Also, the DBs don't seem to have a nose for the ball other than Gerry. I want Riley to go after the best, and I don't think Warren is the best. Is Warren a good recruiter? Maybe that is why Riley wants him.

I am disappointed that Riley is keeping Warren. The DBs have tried to shoulder tackle way too often. This poor technique was showcased against Wisconsin. Also, the DBs don't seem to have a nose for the ball other than Gerry. I want Riley to go after the best, and I don't think Warren is the best. Is Warren a good recruiter? Maybe that is why Riley wants him.

The 2 DB's that are most guilty of the shoulder tackling are graduating. So lets see what he can do with another year.

The 2 DB's that are most guilty of the shoulder tackling are graduating. So lets see what he can do with another year.

According to some recruits they are signing with Nebraska since he is staying.

Ever think not having a nose for the ball is more about the system? The Db's don't attack and play with their back to the ball in the match up zone with man concepts he liked to run.