Mike Riley's Staff

So Banker is NOT defensive coordinator at this time. Hmmmm.

Hard to imagine he would follow Riley, and take a step down to position coach. If so the guy has no ego.....

He'd probably be making more $. And the alternative is probably getting fired by Oregon State and not knowing what his future is.

I thought I saw somewhere he was making 500K as DC at OSU.... I wouldn't think he is going to get that to coach a position here.

Hard to imagine he would follow Riley, and take a step down to position coach. If so the guy has no ego.....

He'd probably be making more $. And the alternative is probably getting fired by Oregon State and not knowing what his future is.

I thought I saw somewhere he was making 500K as DC at OSU.... I wouldn't think he is going to get that to coach a position here.

Another way to look at it...200 - 300k for a position coach is still better than 0 not having a job

might still be making more money...?

The quote just said that no DC or OC had been named yet. That could still mean that Banker will be designated later as the DC. I hope they get someone else for DC.

The quote just said that no DC or OC had been named yet. That could still mean that Banker will be designated later as the DC. I hope they get someone else for DC.

Just curious, what is it exactly do people not like about Banker? I mean as far as what his defenses do.

Just curious, what is it exactly do people not like about Banker? I mean as far as what his defenses do.

They allowed some extremely high power offenses to score less points than Bo did against Wisconsin

I'd like a real answer from anyone who feels that way about Banker. It's so easy for many here to just type "I hope they don't hire Banker" , or "I hope they hire someone other than Banker at DC"..... I've seen multiple people say it. I just haven't seen any specific reason as to why?

What about his defenses don't you like? When I say this, I don't mean " well they allowed (blank) amount of yards to so and so, or they lost (blank) to (blank) to this team. I'm talking about schematically, design, do they attack or not, do they play aggressive. What do they do that you don't like?

The reason I don't want to relate it purely to the numbers is because the talent differential could be a big factor and that would mean people who are bitching just aren't looking very deep. Oregon St. played some good teams this year. With Nebraska's talent the outcomes could be different but most likely Bankers going to continue doing the same things he has done in the past.

It's a cop-out crock of crap if you just go around saying you don't want him hired but don't even have the knowledge or the effort to determine why.

• Fire 1

So, maybe this has been discussed, but I'm not wading through to find out. At least I won't start a new thread....

It is starting to appear to me that maybe Riley isn't keeping anyone from Neb current staff... Why wouldn't he announce it and get them going on recruiting... I'd be surprised if he doesn't keep at least one, but why hasn't he announced it along with the others today if so...

So, maybe this has been discussed, but I'm not wading through to find out. At least I won't start a new thread....

It is starting to appear to me that maybe Riley isn't keeping anyone from Neb current staff... Why wouldn't he announce it and get them going on recruiting... I'd be surprised if he doesn't keep at least one, but why hasn't he announced it along with the others today if so...

2 reasons

1) he has the best interview you could ask for watching all the coaches for the next few weeks

2) super awkward among the current coaches if a few are retained and the others aren't