NU never contacted Scott Frost per Oregon Head Coach

If Scott Frost wasn't a Nebraska guy, would he even be a candidate for either job????

Most reasonable fans would say no.

Please stop drinking the frost kool aid.

He is not coming here at all. In any capacity. Get. Over. It.

But didn't someone in the hospital who is in the know say it's a done deal?

If Scott Frost wasn't a Nebraska guy, would he even be a candidate for either job????

If he wasn't from nebraska would we want to snag the coordinator of the best offence in the country??? Think about that for a second bub...

The real question is, if Scott frost wasn't from nebraska, would we think we had a shot in h*ll of getting him?

No.... We would have no shot anyway. And what makes anyone think he actually wants to comeback as OC?? Sure he knows Riley. They work 30 minutes apart in the same profession. I would be surprised if he didn't know him. Has Frost said he would comeback as OC??? I don't believe he has. Has he interviewed for the OC job??? No he hasn't.

And I don't think he's the best OC out there. He's had a Heisman Trophy type QB in his system for his two years. Next year would prove how good he is.

But didn't someone in the hospital who is in the know say it's a done deal?

It was probably the same person that said Jim Tressel was staying at the Cornhusker and shopping at a HyVee on the otherside of town.

Can't believe people actually thought it was true. And I never seen so many people say they know someone in the AD office. Maybe that's why our football staff was junk. The AD office couldn't afford to pay top assistants with everybody else's salaries. :)

according to the patient I just took care of. She works at the AD dept and is friends with our AD's secretary.

I asked her specifics, and before you doubt, let me just say, she's like me; she knows her sports and football. She wasn't the type to be more interested in non relevant crap. She is a Husker football fan through and through.

I asked her, "Is Scott Frost coming to NU as our new OC?"

She said, "Yes, BUT it depends on IF Frost accepts the offer tonight or early Sat. that is what i've heard from people in the AD dept. It's part of the Riley hire and will be announced Sat. so Frost can play tonight's Pac 12 Championship Game without any distraction."

I asked her IF Frost accepts, "how long will Riley be HC before handing the reigns over to Frost?"

She said, "the word is about 5 years, but I don't know if that is in stone or not."

I asked her, "how much will Frost be offered?"

She said, "something close to Beck's, maybe more."

I said, "I've heard 7 figures, is that accurate?"

She said, "yea, that certainly could be the plan."

I asked her about Orgeron and if he's been brought as a DL or DC by Riley.

She said, "I have not heard that yet, but I do know who he is and could be a possibility."

I said, "Have you met Coach Riley yet?"

She said, "Yes, he's a very nice guy and everyone was impressed."

I asked her what she thought of Bo.

She said, "He was always pleasant to me and I have no issues with him personally. I know that's not the perception of many NU fans."

That's all I got but felt it was from an accurate source. She was nice to share this with me and I promised her I wouldn't text her every day to get new info.

I guess we'll see how this plays out.

GO DUCKS!

If you were Frost, would you take the Nebraska OC job tomorrow (assuming it is available to him) when it looking like your Ducks will be heading in to the first ever college football finals with a 50:50 shot at getting in the championship game (or better yet winning the whole thing)?

I am not saying it would be enough for him not to take the job, but would it give you pause to take it until after your final game (playoff game or championship)?

I agree...he has an opportunity within a month or so to win his first championship ring as a coach. I don't see the incentive for him to leave unless its to become a HC somewhere.

Also, just a general question...Frost is running an up-tempo pass heavy offense. It definitely is fun to watch and scores a lot of points. Wisconsin also scores a lot of points, with a run-heavy attack. NU has traditionally focused on the run. Would you prefer to model Oregon's system or Wisconsins?

As long as we have an offense that scores lots of points, why does it matter what kind of offense we run?

• Fire 1

This is probably the reason Frost is not the guy:

“We certainly have to establish an identity, and the identity has to be a blend of the system with what the players are comfortable with and good at. That’s coaching. You take your talent and make sure it’s the right fit for the system, and adapt the system the best you can to the team.” Mike Riley

“We certainly have to establish an identity, and the identity has to be a blend of the system with what the players are comfortable with and good at. That’s coaching. You take your talent and make sure it’s the right fit for the system, and adapt the system the best you can to the team.” Mike Riley

Why would this statement from Riley disqualify Frost from coming to NU as OC? Are you saying Frost couldn't adapt an offense to fit the personnel we have now?

The kid has learned and played under arguably, the greatest collection of football minds of the past generation or two...he played the game at the highest level and by all accounts, is very bright and on an upward track. I would love to have him here as OC, but what about distractions (the prodigal son returning home, etc)? It wouldnt surprise me in the least if he ends up HC somewhere sooner rather than later... I think it is a long shot to be OC here unfortunately

Why would this statement from Riley disqualify Frost from coming to NU as OC? Are you saying Frost couldn't adapt an offense to fit the personnel we have now?

Yeah pretty much, his success has been with a much different type personnel than what is and has been at Nebraska. Not saying he wouldn't be successful in time, but an immediate success story? I doubt it.

Did anyone watch the end of the Oregon/Arizona game. Helfrich grabbed frost and hugged him almost like a son, they said some words, laughed and the Mike messed the back of Scott's hair. It looked like the battle was over, put the nail in the coffin, good luck tomorrow. Just a funny situation. different than any of the other hands on meetings. May be way off, but I think Scott is gone after this year. Fox heavily promoted him for the Colorado State job and the Oregon State job.

He has a lot of followers, at high levels.

I saw that. They did just win the Pac 12 title after all. First one for both.

I don't see the Riley/Frost thing working. They run vastly different systems and Riley is his own OC.

Riley said that we was not totally married to his offense system, just some parts.

Did anyone watch the end of the Oregon/Arizona game. Helfrich grabbed frost and hugged him almost like a son, they said some words, laughed and the Mike messed the back of Scott's hair. It looked like the battle was over, put the nail in the coffin, good luck tomorrow. Just a funny situation. different than any of the other hands on meetings. May be way off, but I think Scott is gone after this year. Fox heavily promoted him for the Colorado State job and the Oregon State job.

I don't see the Riley/Frost thing working. They run vastly different systems and Riley is his own OC.

Riley said that we was not totally married to his offense system, just some parts.

i loved how he went out of his way to call his offense " smorgusboard" instead of multiple. Obviously someone briefed on what NOT to say.
  • Fire 1

I can't imagine a guy whose ran a pro set his whole life going to a fast, zone-read scheme. It would be totally out of character for him.

I can't imagine a guy whose ran a pro set his whole life going to a fast, zone-read scheme. It would be totally out of character for him.

Why?

i loved how he went out of his way to call his offense " smorgusboard" instead of multiple. Obviously someone briefed on what NOT to say.
I'm not sure he meant multiple. I took it to mean he did different things different years depending on where the talent was. He went on to talk about how he had QBs or WRs with big seasons some years and RBs putting up big numbers others. I think he'll find it will be easier to bring in the guys to be more balanced here.