NU never contacted Scott Frost per Oregon Head Coach

Riley does strike me as a similar mold to Tressel. Widely held in high regard, but without the resume at a big time program. Both would have been great at the helm during this necessary time of healing. Both are older, accomplished coaches, with the hope being they bring about the desired culture shift and maybe, just maybe, build a nice coaching tree here in Lincoln to hand off to the next guy.

I love Frost, but he would have been a gamble in comparison. I'm happy with this hire. Maybe Frost does eventually make it back to Lincoln.

• Fire 1

You honestly are not interested in WHY Frost was not even considered?

I think it's really just as simple as our AD had his own guy, had done all his due diligence as is his job, and wasn't run by boosters or regents.

We don't know if we would have worked our way towards Frost had Riley declined. Eichorst values positive energy, and that is something I think Riley and Frost both share in abundance What Riley offers right now is a lot more experience and a lot more stability.

I live in Portland. On my home this evening, the Oregon Head Coach had a quote on radio news that Scott Frost was NEVER contacted by NU.

I about drove off the road...................

I want Frost here, but I would be really bummed if this were his first job and he blew it because he couldn't get the coordinators he wanted or needed at this point in his career and they had to let him go. That would have really sucked.