The Mike Riley Presser

knapplc

Reaching out to former coaches - will do this. Sat next to Frank Solich on some board they were both on. He knows Bill Callahan as well.

I would have left that out. If there is someone that should never be mentioned in the halls of the NU athletic department it is that guy.

Press: Do you keep in contact with any previous staff memebers of NU....say Bill Callahan

Mike: Never heard of him. Next question.

No...I want him to already know who he wants on his staff and I suppose he might but he is just not saying. But trying to recruit and re-recruit kids when you can't tell them who their OC/DC and position coach will be has got to be very difficult.

I guess what I am saying is that from the fact that he has been at OSU for so long he might not have lots of "connections" and in doing so its hard for him to just text other coaches and offer them a spot...which either drags things out or means he is bringing most of his staff.

Look man, you have no idea. He's been coaching for over 40 years and you think he doesn't know any coaches or doesn't recruit with connections? Please dude, just stop. He has more than enough connections I'm absolutely sure. He said he had players from Texas, California, and Iowa...that's a wide swath of recruiting for Oregon.

Step back away from thinking he's some country bumpkin who doesn't know anyone outside of Mayberry.

+1

Players are gonna love this guy. He's so calm, engaging, and not overwhelmed.

He really seems like the kinda person you could never have met, but end up having a 2 hour conversation with without much effort. Just seems like a genuinely good person.

He seems like the person that our student athletes don't want to disappoint on and off the field.

• Fire 1