The Mike Riley Presser

knapplc

For a guy who is so well respected around coaching and media circles, he knows NOBODY on the staff?

That struck me as odd, too. You'd think he'd have a pretty full Rolodex by now.

Yeah...I think he has been pretty isolated...but it still something that kind of bugs me a bit...

1. Really well respected but might not know a lot of guys

2. Might be bringing most/all of his old staff

3. Offense is a hodgepodge/multiple

Not the end of the world but just things that kind of made me go "hmmmm"

He's been here a single day folks. Give him some time....he's got plenty of it.

Thats just it...he doesn't have plenty of time. He is starting recruiting today, he said...time is up.

Exactly. He doesn't have plenty of time, he needs to get to work yesterday.

I,agree with you about all of your concerns.

I was expecting him to win the press conference, but I wasn't impressed.

I said last night that this hire seemed very callahanesque, after hearing this press conference and everything about this guy, he seems more Doc Sadler to me.

For a guy who is so well respected around coaching and media circles, he knows NOBODY on the staff?

Yeah...I think he has been pretty isolated...but it still something that kind of bugs me a bit...

Thats just it...he doesn't have plenty of time. He is starting recruiting today, he said...time is up.

I said last night that this hire seemed very callahanesque, after hearing this press conference and everything about this guy, he seems more Doc Sadler to me.

Wow. Just Wow.

You guys need to let him take care of business. He's got 40 more years experience than you and he knows what he's doing.

It just goes to show ya that in this world, you CANNOT please everybody. FFS give the guy a chance!

Wow. Just Wow.

You guys need to let him take care of business. He's got 40 more years experience than you and he knows what he's doing.

He hasn't said one positive thing since Bo was canned.

Given the negativity you have had over this hire in general, your comments are not surprising.

74Hunter, i would never try to tell anyone how to feel or handle a situation. But im encouraging you to try and have alittle perspective. Im not saying this is the guy to bring us to where we are. But he is a experienced guy, hes a good coach in terms of leading players. He may pull a callahan but thats going to be hard to sell to everyone else. He isnt smug like callahan and that right there should tell you something.

Wow. Just Wow.

He'll get his shot, but there is work to be done, little time to do it.

No...I want him to already know who he wants on his staff and I suppose he might but he is just not saying. But trying to recruit and re-recruit kids when you can't tell them who their OC/DC and position coach will be has got to be very difficult.

I guess what I am saying is that from the fact that he has been at OSU for so long he might not have lots of "connections" and in doing so its hard for him to just text other coaches and offer them a spot...which either drags things out or means he is bringing most of his staff.

Look man, you have no idea. He's been coaching for over 40 years and you think he doesn't know any coaches or doesn't recruit with connections? Please dude, just stop. He has more than enough connections I'm absolutely sure. He said he had players from Texas, California, and Iowa...that's a wide swath of recruiting for Oregon.

Step back away from thinking he's some country bumpkin who doesn't know anyone outside of Mayberry.

Tell you what...lets see how he fill out his staff...deal? Is that fair?