The Tangent Thread, Dec 2014 Edition

zoogs

• 1 month later...

For all the Bolievers, your ship has sailed. Silence your dissent and get ready to cheer on this new football team and coach.

Keep gulping the koolaid, my man. I'll watch with open eyes and an open mind.
What koolaid? He's only been the coach since Wednesday.
Just asking that you not tell us how to feel and act considering that the new guy hasn't proven anything here yet. If anyone buys in 100%, good on em, but I'll wait and see what happens.

Whatever dude. Because the Mod's patrol the forums for personal insults, I'll refrain. For what it's worth, we've all been drinking the koolaid for the last 3 years and it tastes like it needs sugar.

For all the Bolievers, your ship has sailed. Silence your dissent and get ready to cheer on this new football team and coach.

Keep gulping the koolaid, my man. I'll watch with open eyes and an open mind.
What koolaid? He's only been the coach since Wednesday.
Just asking that you not tell us how to feel and act considering that the new guy hasn't proven anything here yet. If anyone buys in 100%, good on em, but I'll wait and see what happens.

Whatever dude. Because the Mod's patrol the forums for personal insults, I'll refrain. For what it's worth, we've all been drinking the koolaid for the last 3 years and it tastes like it needs sugar.

PM

74 has gone all Josh Mitchel on us and is Nupolo'ing every thread now....

This made me chuckle

Keep pumping the sunshine. Please don't buy into this junk you're being told. I live in the Pacific NW and it's the typical "gee", "that's neat" that you'll hear from Riley in the future. He's not going to assemble some dream team. Who in their right mind hires a long term established coach just above the 500 winning percentage mark. Im sorry I've been to Corvalis. Stadiums in Texas for High School just as big. This isn't a super star splash hire. His assistants also not getting the job done. They interviewed students from OSU on the news last night and the Portland reporter said most of them were happy. They're tired of losing.!!! Ha ha...I'm a huge Husker fan, born and raised in Nebraska. I've been in the Nw for last 15 plus years. I was floored we hired Mike Riley.

Who in their right mind hires a long term established coach just above the 500 winning percentage mark. Im sorry I've been to Corvalis. Stadiums in Texas for High School just as big. ... His assistants also not getting the job done.

You seem to be bad at seeing the obvious reasons why he will likely do better in Nebraska.

Also, thinks for waiting to join the board until you were pissed off at something.

• Fire 3

Keep pumping the sunshine. Please don't buy into this junk you're being told. I live in the Pacific NW and it's the typical "gee", "that's neat" that you'll hear from Riley in the future. He's not going to assemble some dream team. Who in their right mind hires a long term established coach just above the 500 winning percentage mark. Im sorry I've been to Corvalis. Stadiums in Texas for High School just as big. This isn't a super star splash hire. His assistants also not getting the job done. They interviewed students from OSU on the news last night and the Portland reporter said most of them were happy. They're tired of losing.!!! Ha ha...I'm a huge Husker fan, born and raised in Nebraska. I've been in the Nw for last 15 plus years. I was floored we hired Mike Riley.

Because they got spoiled with "some success" - it's freaking Corvallis and Oregon State.

I hope they go back to winning one game a year like they did for 30 years.

In this hyper-youth-twitter culture...everyone forgets the past and everyone has no perspective.

No doubt current students would be upset. All they know is decent success. They were in diapers when Oregon State and Temple were the worst programs in the history of college football.

Keep on with the positive hype. You'll see soon. I bleed Husker Red. At least the Husker wrestling team is in the top 10 in the nation yearly.

I always thought Riley got more hype than deserved...way back in 2001 when USC wanted him after his failed stint with the Chargers.

But what he did at Corvallis is pretty damn good considering the circumstances and Oregon's rise to power.

I'm glad he's finally getting a shot at a traditional power program...because I've always wanted to see what he can do.

Nobody can predict the future...but to call him out based on his record and current OSU students is asinine. They don't know anybody...I lived in Oregon too - they think they should be Oregon or UW...Oregon State is not.

They have always been little brother...trying to recruit out of Cali...up to rainy, small dump town Corvallis.

And yet Riley has gotten recruits and a bunch of NFL gems.

People have been saying for years...well, you can't recruit to Lincoln anymore.

If Riley can recruit to freakin' Corvallis, he can recruit at Nebraska.

We might see the real Mike Riley finally emerge.

• Fire 1

Drive1010-huh as of recently. Oregon Ducks have been lights out last ten years. Show me last time our Huskers did anything? 2001 when we got rocked in the title game. Scott Frost and his Offense just hung 50 plus on the Beavers last weekend. Game was over before half time. Im no Duck fan and in fact I think Arizona is going to beat them again tonight. I've been watching Beaver games and following the Beavers for years. Mike Riley is a very nice guy. He's a man of character and integrity, but I question the hire. I just don't see the wins in his resume. Only place he had real success was the CFL.