The Tangent Thread, Dec 2014 Edition

zoogs

Or maybe you just carry a grudge against elementary comments and cannot muster the will power to pass it by without comment? It's sad, truly it is.

Almost as sad as someone not being able to stop themselves from dissecting a new coach's offhand comments about a previous coach?

Ahh.. I see what you're trying to do there.. You take one comment from my reflection upon the entire presser, which I thought projected no ill will towards Riley, and are trying to make my unabashed disdain for BC into an attack upon the new coach. Tricky...

So is it a rushed, overzealous defense of the new coach who none of us know enough about to definitively exalt or condemn that's driving you, or perhaps a few BC issues on your own part? Guilt?.. Betrayal? We can find you help you know.

drinking_coffee.jpg

High-brow forum snobbery?.... :rollin

I do apologize if I've wounded your sensitive nethers with my offhand comment.

It's sad, truly it is.

Maybe your sensitivity over hearing disparaging comments about him is something you need to work on getting over?

So... that's driving you, or perhaps a few BC issues on your own part? Guilt?.. Betrayal? We can find you help you know.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Yeah how is that working out for Mike Leach. If you can recruit at Waco, TX you can recruit in Pullman.

Leach's TTech teams were much better than the teams hes had at Wazzu. Why? Easier to get Texas HS players to TTech.
Yeah...in all honesty...Pullman is the ultimate Pac-12 dump. OSU is #2.

I had a friend who went to Washington State...and he said they used to drive across the border to Moscow, Idaho on Friday nights because there was more happening.

Moscow has a population of 23,000

Mike Price's success way back was a total aberration.

There is almost no talent in Oregon and not much more in Washington. Everyone in the Pac-12 recruits from Cali.

Now Riley will be recruiting from Cali (with his ties to LA schools) and Texas.

If he wants success here, he'll need to do better than bringing 2* Cali talent.

And who give a rat's behind about a few guys he put into the league or couple of wins against top5 teams? I thought this was about playing championship football?

He took those 2* recruits and turned them into NFL players. That is called development. Just think what he can do with high3* and 4* talent like we have.

High-brow forum snobbery?.... :rollin

I do apologize if I've wounded your sensitive nethers with my offhand comment.

It's sad, truly it is.

Maybe your sensitivity over hearing disparaging comments about him is something you need to work on getting over?

So... that's driving you, or perhaps a few BC issues on your own part? Guilt?.. Betrayal? We can find you help you know.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Which one is you ? :rolleyes:

Yeah how is that working out for Mike Leach. If you can recruit at Waco, TX you can recruit in Pullman.

Leach's TTech teams were much better than the teams hes had at Wazzu. Why? Easier to get Texas HS players to TTech.

I had a friend who went to Washington State...and he said they used to drive across the border to Moscow, Idaho on Friday nights because there was more happening.

There is almost no talent in Oregon and not much more in Washington. Everyone in the Pac-12 recruits from Cali.

And who give a rat's behind about a few guys he put into the league or couple of wins against top5 teams? I thought this was about playing championship football?

He took those 2* recruits and turned them into NFL players. That is called development. Just think what he can do with high3* and 4* talent like we have.

So are we trying to be an NFL farm team,or win championships?

• Fire 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs1N5NYyb24?t=24s

0:24

Awesome... But that was Dennis Ericson

0:24

Awesome... But that was Dennis Ericson

The championship part at the end was the main reason for the video. The fact that it also featured TJ Who'syourmama made it even better.

according to the patient I just took care of. She works at the AD dept and is friends with our AD's secretary.

I asked her specifics, and before you doubt, let me just say, she's like me; she knows her sports and football. She wasn't the type to be more interested in non relevant crap. She is a Husker football fan through and through.

I asked her, "Is Scott Frost coming to NU as our new OC?"

She said, "Yes, BUT it depends on IF Frost accepts the offer tonight or early Sat. that is what i've heard from people in the AD dept. It's part of the Riley hire and will be announced Sat. so Frost can play tonight's Pac 12 Championship Game without any distraction."

I asked her IF Frost accepts, "how long will Riley be HC before handing the reigns over to Frost?"

She said, "the word is about 5 years, but I don't know if that is in stone or not."

I asked her, "how much will Frost be offered?"

She said, "something close to Beck's, maybe more."

I said, "I've heard 7 figures, is that accurate?"

She said, "yea, that certainly could be the plan."

I asked her about Orgeron and if he's been brought as a DL or DC by Riley.

She said, "I have not heard that yet, but I do know who he is and could be a possibility."

I said, "Have you met Coach Riley yet?"

She said, "Yes, he's a very nice guy and everyone was impressed."

I asked her what she thought of Bo.

She said, "He was always pleasant to me and I have no issues with him personally. I know that's not the perception of many NU fans."

That's all I got but felt it was from an accurate source. She was nice to share this with me and I promised her I wouldn't text her every day to get new info.

I guess we'll see how this plays out.

GO DUCKS!

I wouldn't tattoo "lock" on my arm over a rumor like this, but as rumors go, it's either really creative, or really close to the decision-making process.

Not to be a Debbie downer about the rumor, but the post could've been taken down due to the fact that it may be violating HIPAA HIPPO....he did state that he helped a patient that worked in the Admin Dept. At Neb...should've never stated that...

Just a thought...

FIFY

So are we trying to be an NFL farm team,or win championships?
Alabama is an NFL farm team. How do they do?
  • Fire 2

So much negativity.

Good thing...it's easy to turn around the Big10 these days This isn't the 1970's.

I see no reason why Riley can't succeed. Pac-12 is so diverse and crazy offenses it is hard to defend. With Rich Rod and Leach and formally Kelly (who is now tearing it up in the NFL) and Mora at UCLA, Sark and hurry-up at USC, and Stanford being Stanford (continuing the Harbaugh legacy) and USC and Arizona State...

Riley might see this as a golden opportunity. He only has to beat two teams instead of an entire conference! And he doesn't have to innovate! He is stubborn. Maybe his style of offense will work wonders in the Big10 while it was outdated in the Pa-12.