The Tangent Thread, Dec 2014 Edition

zoogs

Boyd coming back would make a huge impact. I truly believe it's a major factor

in our play the last ten to twelve years. If you think Riley has any type of weight training guru

At Oregon St you're very off base. Oregon State has never out muscled much of anyone.

In fact a few schools like Eastern Washington and Sacremento St put the beat down on the Beavers. Even

Portland St gave Oregon State all they wanted. The whole Mike Riley story out here in the

NW has been the joke of Portland the last two days. Various remarks like "can you believe who Nebraska hired". They did what? Yeah we want to win Conference titles and championships. Hmmmm......as Scott Frost and his O is currently up 44-7 on Arizona. I think we contacted the wrong Oregon school. Of course Husker faithful will get behind and believe anything the media tells them. Im sure I'll get several responses like I've got today. Some called me pissed. Some called me stupid and grumpy. I say that's the typical response from all of America today. When they hear things they don't agree with or believe they like to name call and then discredit. All I know I've lived close to Oregon State for over 15 years. I've seen the interviews on TV. I've seen the games live and I know ex Oregon State players. Mike Riley is a nice guy and treats people very nice. What I've seen from his teams over the years. West Coast pro style offense. Lots of penalties, and an over all feeling of being soft. They've rose to occasion in several games and beat highly ranked teams. They've also lost to the powerhouse of Sacremento St and Eastern Washington. I know EU won the Div 2 title. Ok folks if you're ok with NU losing to Chadron state then just keep on believing. I hope all of you and coach Mike Riley prove me wrong. I do know he has coached for a long time and he's just above the .500 mark. I do know the Charges gave him a boot very quick. Prove me wrong please. I just know the product I've seen up and close. Not like the majority of you who asked who? Then goggled his name and did some internet research and started listening to all the talking heads. Several people have been bashing Collin Cowherd on this site from ESPN for his remarks. Cowherd knows like I do. He use to be the radio guy in Portland for 1610 The fan. He's seen it up in close. Don't believe the hype. It's going to be Callahan Part 2, but worse.

• Fire 1

The new staff won't coach a single down until next September. Are we going to have to listen to this never-ending stream of bitching until then? I can understand that people aren't happy--hell, he wasn't my first choice either, but Jesus Christ.....give it a gd rest already. Bitch and vindicate yourself when we start getting clubbed next year. I swear to God that if I have to read this crap in every thread about a staff that hasn't called one down of football, I'm going to go batsh#t crazy.

74husker, real simple question:

Do you think Bo would go 9-4/10-4 on a yearly basis at Oregon State (they average about 3 top-10 opponents per year, and 4/5 top 25 opponents).

If you don't, how well do you think he would do, taking into consideration a greater disadvantage in every single discernable category of their athletic program? For example, against this year's schedule:

Portland State

Hawaii

San Diego State

#18 USC

Colorado

#20 Utah

Stanford

California

Washington State

#7 Arizona State

Washington

#3 Oregon

If Bo played that schedule with this year's Nebraska team, I see 7/8 wins. If Bo played that schedule with an Oregon State team that he couldn't recruit nearly as well for and with poorer assistant coach retention because of lack of monetary commitment, I would see at least 1, possibly up to 3 more losses.

according to the patient I just took care of. She works at the AD dept and is friends with our AD's secretary.
I asked her specifics, and before you doubt, let me just say, she's like me; she knows her sports and football. She wasn't the type to be more interested in non relevant crap. She is a Husker football fan through and through.
I asked her, "Is Scott Frost coming to NU as our new OC?"
She said, "Yes, BUT it depends on IF Frost accepts the offer tonight or early Sat. that is what i've heard from people in the AD dept. It's part of the Riley hire and will be announced Sat. so Frost can play tonight's Pac 12 Championship Game without any distraction."
I asked her IF Frost accepts, "how long will Riley be HC before handing the reigns over to Frost?"
She said, "the word is about 5 years, but I don't know if that is in stone or not."
I asked her, "how much will Frost be offered?"
She said, "something close to Beck's, maybe more."
I said, "I've heard 7 figures, is that accurate?"
She said, "yea, that certainly could be the plan."
I asked her about Orgeron and if he's been brought as a DL or DC by Riley.
She said, "I have not heard that yet, but I do know who he is and could be a possibility."
I said, "Have you met Coach Riley yet?"
She said, "Yes, he's a very nice guy and everyone was impressed."
I asked her what she thought of Bo.
She said, "He was always pleasant to me and I have no issues with him personally. I know that's not the perception of many NU fans."
That's all I got but felt it was from an accurate source. She was nice to share this with me and I promised her I wouldn't text her every day to get new info.
I guess we'll see how this plays out.
GO DUCKS!

HIPPO violation!!

according to the patient I just took care of. She works at the AD dept and is friends with our AD's secretary.

I asked her specifics, and before you doubt, let me just say, she's like me; she knows her sports and football. She wasn't the type to be more interested in non relevant crap. She is a Husker football fan through and through.

I asked her, "Is Scott Frost coming to NU as our new OC?"

She said, "Yes, BUT it depends on IF Frost accepts the offer tonight or early Sat. that is what i've heard from people in the AD dept. It's part of the Riley hire and will be announced Sat. so Frost can play tonight's Pac 12 Championship Game without any distraction."

I asked her IF Frost accepts, "how long will Riley be HC before handing the reigns over to Frost?"

She said, "the word is about 5 years, but I don't know if that is in stone or not."

I asked her, "how much will Frost be offered?"

She said, "something close to Beck's, maybe more."

I said, "I've heard 7 figures, is that accurate?"

She said, "yea, that certainly could be the plan."

I asked her about Orgeron and if he's been brought as a DL or DC by Riley.

She said, "I have not heard that yet, but I do know who he is and could be a possibility."

I said, "Have you met Coach Riley yet?"

She said, "Yes, he's a very nice guy and everyone was impressed."

I asked her what she thought of Bo.

She said, "He was always pleasant to me and I have no issues with him personally. I know that's not the perception of many NU fans."

That's all I got but felt it was from an accurate source. She was nice to share this with me and I promised her I wouldn't text her every day to get new info.

I guess we'll see how this plays out.

GO DUCKS!

HIPPO violation!!

dont let Devnet see this sh#t.

Well for starters for everyone saying Nebraska isn't the place to train new coaches....I'll also say it's not the place to be hiring coaches that don't win. Riley doesn't win period. They didn't hire or contact Scott Frost because SE and Pearlman have no Nebraska ties. They could care less about our 1997 QB who has been coached by the top minds in the game. Played in the NFL and is currently blowing out Arizona in this title game. Scott Frost is the wow factor. He's a leader, champion and proven winner. Oregon's top recruiter. He'll out coach and beat Riley anyday and just did last weekend. How else to you bring back this program. You bring back one of its leaders who won a national title. So Nebraska if you want to get on the wow and it factor in FB it's in your best interest to bring Frost home. According to an Oregon newspaper Scott was shocked Mike left OSU and was hired by Nebraska. I hear you Scott so was the majority of us that have followed college football.