The Tangent Thread, Dec 2014 Edition

zoogs

Yeah how is that working out for Mike Leach. If you can recruit at Waco, TX you can recruit in Pullman.

Leach's TTech teams were much better than the teams hes had at Wazzu. Why? Easier to get Texas HS players to TTech.

Yeah...in all honesty...Pullman is the ultimate Pac-12 dump. OSU is #2.

I had a friend who went to Washington State...and he said they used to drive across the border to Moscow, Idaho on Friday nights because there was more happening.

Moscow has a population of 23,000

Mike Price's success way back was a total aberration.

There is almost no talent in Oregon and not much more in Washington. Everyone in the Pac-12 recruits from Cali.

Now Riley will be recruiting from Cali (with his ties to LA schools) and Texas.

First presser, you could tell he was a bit nervous and rightfully so. Seems like a nice guy so he gets a pass for coming off like Painfully Awkward Rob Lowe.

A few suggestions... despite what he may have read in a brochure, he needs recognize DONU as less Mayberry and more Terminus. Even nice guys can get eaten alive here. ex. Doc Sadler.

Ixnay on the illBay allahanCay.... dropping his name might have gone over well in the interview with Perlman but in the rest of the state it's a surefire way to guarantee a high percentage of spit in any food or drink you don't prepare yourself.

Open practices...might hold off for a year till you get the lay of the land. That way you avoid "Black Friday"-type crowds and mayhem and you won't look like a meanie for having to close them down to actually get something done.

If you are serious about looking at retaining any of this staff, do it now and get them out on the road before the dead period. Salvage what you can of the class and avoid a bubble down the road.

And lastly, if you find the opportunity to accidently refer to Dirk Chatlain as "Dork" you'll earn support from unforeseen segments of the fanbase and promote the healing process. :thumbs

Im sorry but f#*k this.

Bill Callahan happened. He coached Nebraska for four years. He had two wretched years and two other ones where this board went gaga for by about a 70/30 margin. We believed in Bill Callahan.

Acting like he's some bogeyman that we can't mention means we will never move on , move past and accept/learn from our mistakes.

Riley is a football mind,he's our coach, he accepts us for our glory and our faults that's what he meant when he referenced BC.

Jesus, enough. It was 7 years ago and we hired Bo as a result. Not exactly the cleanest fix.

We will never move on if we don't acknowledge our past mistakes. And I feel Riley/Eichorst know this. We should too

You're sorry?... You feeling ok or has your acct been hacked? :blink:

We?... You, Bill, Kevin, Pedey and the collection of turds in your pockets maybe? I do apologize if I've wounded your sensitive nethers with my offhand comment. Perhaps I can get you something to eat or drink as a way to make up for it? :devil

I do apologize if I've wounded your sensitive nethers with my offhand comment. Perhaps I can get you something to eat or drink as a way to make up for it? :devil

You didn't wound anyone. You're just not getting over something that isn't a big deal and doesn't have any reason to still be a taboo thing. Get over it.

First presser, you could tell he was a bit nervous and rightfully so. Seems like a nice guy so he gets a pass for coming off like Painfully Awkward Rob Lowe.

A few suggestions... despite what he may have read in a brochure, he needs recognize DONU as less Mayberry and more Terminus. Even nice guys can get eaten alive here. ex. Doc Sadler.

Ixnay on the illBay allahanCay.... dropping his name might have gone over well in the interview with Perlman but in the rest of the state it's a surefire way to guarantee a high percentage of spit in any food or drink you don't prepare yourself.

Open practices...might hold off for a year till you get the lay of the land. That way you avoid "Black Friday"-type crowds and mayhem and you won't look like a meanie for having to close them down to actually get something done.

If you are serious about looking at retaining any of this staff, do it now and get them out on the road before the dead period. Salvage what you can of the class and avoid a bubble down the road.

And lastly, if you find the opportunity to accidently refer to Dirk Chatlain as "Dork" you'll earn support from unforeseen segments of the fanbase and promote the healing process. :thumbs

Im sorry but f#*k this.

Bill Callahan happened. He coached Nebraska for four years. He had two wretched years and two other ones where this board went gaga for by about a 70/30 margin. We believed in Bill Callahan.

Acting like he's some bogeyman that we can't mention means we will never move on , move past and accept/learn from our mistakes.

Riley is a football mind,he's our coach, he accepts us for our glory and our faults that's what he meant when he referenced BC.

Jesus, enough. It was 7 years ago and we hired Bo as a result. Not exactly the cleanest fix.

We will never move on if we don't acknowledge our past mistakes. And I feel Riley/Eichorst know this. We should too

V...Vol....Voldemort
  • Fire 1

Yeah how is that working out for Mike Leach. If you can recruit at Waco, TX you can recruit in Pullman.

Leach's TTech teams were much better than the teams hes had at Wazzu. Why? Easier to get Texas HS players to TTech.

I had a friend who went to Washington State...and he said they used to drive across the border to Moscow, Idaho on Friday nights because there was more happening.

There is almost no talent in Oregon and not much more in Washington. Everyone in the Pac-12 recruits from Cali.

Lord have mercy.

If he wants success here, he'll need to do better than bringing 2* Cali talent.

And who give a rat's behind about a few guys he put into the league or couple of wins against top5 teams? I thought this was about playing championship football?

I do apologize if I've wounded your sensitive nethers with my offhand comment. Perhaps I can get you something to eat or drink as a way to make up for it? :devil

You didn't wound anyone. You're just not getting over something that isn't a big deal and doesn't have any reason to still be a taboo thing. Get over it.

Thanks for worrying over my karma and all, but...nahhh. I like my grudges, BC was a tragic mistake and the lesson should be remembered. Maybe your sensitivity over hearing disparaging comments about him is something you need to work on getting over? Or not, your choice. Just trying to be as equally helpful with internet advice. :D

Maybe your sensitivity over hearing disparaging comments about him is something you need to work on getting over? Or not, your choice. Just trying to be as equally helpful with internet advice. :D

No sensitivity here rex. We just don't like having our conversations degraded by elementary level input.

Maybe your sensitivity over hearing disparaging comments about him is something you need to work on getting over? Or not, your choice. Just trying to be as equally helpful with internet advice. :D

No sensitivity here rex. We just don't like having our conversations degraded by elementary level input.

High-brow forum snobbery?.... :rollin Or maybe you just carry a grudge against elementary comments and cannot muster the will power to pass it by without comment? It's sad, truly it is.

Or maybe you just carry a grudge against elementary comments and cannot muster the will power to pass it by without comment? It's sad, truly it is.

Almost as sad as someone not being able to stop themselves from dissecting a new coach's offhand comments about a previous coach?

High-brow forum snobbery?.... :rollin Or maybe you just carry a grudge against elementary comments and cannot muster the will power to pass it by without comment? It's sad, truly it is.

67f0659e4406b0d0745bc6e914083205.jpg

Or maybe you just carry a grudge against elementary comments and cannot muster the will power to pass it by without comment? It's sad, truly it is.

Almost as sad as someone not being able to stop themselves from dissecting a new coach's offhand comments about a previous coach?

Ahh.. I see what you're trying to do there.. You take one comment from my reflection upon the entire presser, which I thought projected no ill will towards Riley, and are trying to make my unabashed disdain for BC into an attack upon the new coach. Tricky...

So is it a rushed, overzealous defense of the new coach who none of us know enough about to definitively exalt or condemn that's driving you, or perhaps a few BC issues on your own part? Guilt?.. Betrayal? We can find you help you know.