The Tangent Thread, Dec 2014 Edition

zoogs

That would be a great move. The more top notch staff he can put together the more faith I have in this selection. Until I see it Im very doubtful of the hire. Please don't bring anyone from Oregon State. The whole 5 wins this year!!! Various other years of losing seasons. Also get use to Pro style West Coast ball. The power running game and smash mouth ball isn't come back with this coach.

Ok. We get it. You live in the NW and watched OSU and you hate the hire. Nebraska will be soft and Riley is terrible etc. You have put minor variations of the same post in every Riley thread.

If you are worried that there are still some members of Huskerboard that don't know your opinion, then make a new thread and make your same post for the 1000th time. Then there can be no doubt everyone will have had a chance to read it and you can stop being an annoying broken record

A guy who knows the coach well brings you factual information and this is how you respond because he's interrupting your little circle jerk? The admin has a lot to prove with this hire........not everybody is as giddy as you and your pals. Still waiting for the big Frost hire that the board insiders said was a sure thing..... if that happened this hire might make more sense.

Look at my posts on the hire before you comment. I'm not part of the circle jerk as you call it. I hated it and now I hate it less after doing some research but I'm still in a wait and see approach. I've donated to the program every year for the last 10 years and Im not going to this year because I feel let down by this hire. But, I want to be wrong.

My point was simply that this guy is making the same damn post in every thread with little to no variation. And living in the same state where Riley coached doesn't make his "insight" particularly keen on my opinion.

Also for the posters who keep saying very little talent at OSU. They've had more talent then Nebraska. They've played in a BCS bowl In last decade. They beat both UCLA and Winny in 2012. We lost both those games. Oregon State is not the arm pit all you trying to claim to justify this hire and believe.

Check their past 5 recruiting classes, Nebraska has far more 4+ star players. The difference is that they can teach & make their kids better.

What if the new staff can't get those high 3 and 4 star guys to come here?

We may have a few more wins the next few years and a 2007like fall off.

All signs point to the OSU staff being fantastic recruiters, I have no doubt they'll be able to pull at least the same caliber talent as Pelini & co.

Sounds like another staff we had here.

As a matter of fact, Banker being "well traveled " reminds me off a former secondary coach we had.

It's hard to explain anything to the ignorance!

Ah hem, Bill's staff was supposed great recruiters. Elmo was well traveled.

It didn't make them successful.

OSUs staff hasn't yet recruited to the level of Bo's staff.

Please explain my ignorance.

One more time: they did not have the facilities or resources they have now. Miles did not recruit big time players at Colo. St., but after year at NE he is putting together some the best basketball recruiting classes in our history. I am just saying that your argument holds no facts and give him & his new staff a chance.

True.

I'm just saying that history has shown us that being viewed as a good recruiting staff doesn't mean that this staff will be successful.

And this staff, whomever fills it out, hasn't proven that they can recruit quality talent to Lincoln.

Both of those statements are facts.

T doesn't mean that they won't recruit to a high level or be successful, it means that they have to prove it.

And your Miles comparison means nothing, unfortunately.

I agree that we need some top recruiters on this staff. I am just saying that Oregon St. is a sub-level power 5 school. I do not even consider them a second level.

Interesting. Kinda funny.

Something else to consider, even if this staff was good at recruiting in Corvallis, just walking into Lincoln does not automatically make their jobs easier. They need to open new recruiting avenues, think of things in state, they've likely never recruited this region much, and their west coast pipeline will likey not be as fertile as it used to be.

Thankfully,,Bo left us a solid class this year.

Really, a 38th ranked class is "solid"... Maryland at 37 must be ecstatic then....!!!!! SMH.... http://nebraska.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Commits

• Fire 1

Actually yes it is. It's a small class for starters so that is why is is that low. If you look at the average start rating it's very good. Just below Ohio states.

class ranks takes into consideration the star rating.... still nowhere near a "solid" class...

No. You are wrong.

We have had almost the exact same unit commit for quite a period of time. VERY early we were a top 10 class, and many writers said it will go down in ranking because we will have a smaller class. It's a DAMN good class. The best Bo has gotten, arguably.

Actually yes it is. It's a small class for starters so that is why is is that low. If you look at the average start rating it's very good. Just below Ohio states.

class ranks takes into consideration the star rating.... still nowhere near a "solid" class...

No. You are wrong.

We have had almost the exact same unit commit for quite a period of time. VERY early we were a top 10 class, and many writers said it will go down in ranking because we will have a smaller class. It's a DAMN good class. The best Bo has gotten, arguably.

so under your premise, a team could snag 1 five star and have a top ranked team ??....SMH....don't think so...national team rank takes many things into consideration...not just star ranking.

No. You are wrong.

so under your premise, a team could snag 1 five star and have a top ranked team ??....SMH....don't think so...national team rank takes many things into consideration...not just star ranking.

Um 1 5 star and a bunch of 4 stars would be great.

1 5 star and the rest 2 stars would not be great.

I'm saying WHY compare Nebraska's currently tiny(it could grow with attrition) against schools that will be taking 20-25 guys?

EVEN Maryland already had 18 guys... That's only reason they are ahead in "national rank"

Hate to disagree with you again RunRedRun but as I stated before we have a small class this year so we won't rack up the points it takes to be in the top 20 in recruiting ranking. But to say this class isn't a good one is misinformed. The average star ranking tells us that although Ohio state has a bigger class than we do and will be in the top 20 in recruiting. We are bringing in very comparable recruits.

A recruit based on his individual ranking is given a pts ranking. When that commit picks a school those pts are added to the other recruits who committed. You then have a total amount of pts. This is the ONLY ranking that is used when determining a classes rank. They also only use the top 20 highest ranked players for a given school.

No. You are wrong.

Um 1 5 star and a bunch of 4 stars would be great.

1 5 star and the rest 2 stars would not be great.

I'm saying WHY compare Nebraska's currently tiny(it could grow with attrition) against schools that will be taking 20-25 guys?

EVEN Maryland already had 18 guys... That's only reason they are ahead in "national rank"

I'm not comparing, if you look at the entire conversation...my comment was to 74hunters statement that Bo left Nebraska with a "solid" recruiting class...I don't consider a 38th ranked class as "solid"

I'm not comparing, if you look at the entire conversation...my comment was to 74hunters statement that Bo left Nebraska with a "solid" recruiting class...I don't consider a 38th ranked class as "solid"

That's the funniest thing about the Bo supporters. To the end, they were saying Bo was improving as a recruiter. Yet every single year his classes always ended up ranked around 25.