The Tangent Thread, Dec 2014 Edition

zoogs

how so...I understand the math, do you consider 38th to be a solid recruiting class?

I understand our recruiting class to be a solid recruiting class.

The number 38 means very little to me, because it is representative of an imperfect metric that doesn't accurately assess the quality of our class as it pertains to our program.

Get over it man. If you don't like the class, don't like it for an actual reason other than an arbitrary number that lacks context.

This is the same class that was ranked as high as 7th early on in the season. It hasn't dropped because other teams have all the sudden got way better players - it's dropped because other teams have all the sudden got way MORE players. Recruiting rankings highly favor quantity.

I don't know how to make it any more simple for you than it has already been made. If you look at average star rating, which is a better indicator at least of the quality of players overall, we are second in the conference and 21st nationally.

unfortunately, YOU are the only one that looks at it that way....like I said, maybe YOU and a few others should rank the classes because rivals, SI and ESPN ALL have this class listed as sub-par....but then again, what would they know...right???

No he's not.

You are that only one looking at it from the way you are spinning the argument.

It was shaping up to be a solid class. The new guy needs to get off his duff and hold it together

ya, me and the rest of the nation...you guys just keep drinking the pelini kool-aid...catch up to the rest of us when your finished..k!!!

Proof that the rest of the nation sees it that way?

Other than Banker this appears to be the coaches posters were asking for.

He will be facing different types of offenses in the B1G. I am personally willing to reserve judgment until after year 1.
I agree 100%. Whoever he brings over has more experience than what we had before.
Experienced doesn't equal quality.

I'd prefer quality.

Anything is quality compared to 408 yds rushing

Says the guy who wanted Armstrong over Martinez.

how so...I understand the math, do you consider 38th to be a solid recruiting class?

The number 38 means very little to me, because it is representative of an imperfect metric that doesn't accurately assess the quality of our class as it pertains to our program.

Get over it man. If you don't like the class, don't like it for an actual reason other than an arbitrary number that lacks context.

This is the same class that was ranked as high as 7th early on in the season. It hasn't dropped because other teams have all the sudden got way better players - it's dropped because other teams have all the sudden got way MORE players. Recruiting rankings highly favor quantity.

I don't know how to make it any more simple for you than it has already been made. If you look at average star rating, which is a better indicator at least of the quality of players overall, we are second in the conference and 21st nationally.

unfortunately, YOU are the only one that looks at it that way....like I said, maybe YOU and a few others should rank the classes because rivals, SI and ESPN ALL have this class listed as sub-par....but then again, what would they know...right???

No he's not.

It was shaping up to be a solid class. The new guy needs to get off his duff and hold it together

ya, me and the rest of the nation...you guys just keep drinking the pelini kool-aid...catch up to the rest of us when your finished..k!!!

oh, I don't know...maybe a NATIONAL RANKING SYSTEM.......

No he's not.

I realize that average stars per player is a concept that you're not familiar with. You're also making it obvious that you don't understand that sheer numbers of recruits affects they overall class ranking.

When you learn these concepts, those of us that understand them will be happy to discuss it with you further.

No he's not.

I realize that average stars per player is a concept that you're not familiar with. You're also making it obvious that you don't understand that sheer numbers of recruits affects they overall class ranking.

When you learn these concepts, those of us that understand them will be happy to discuss it with you further.

I've given up on the people replying this way having an understanding of basic math.

• Fire 1

No he's not.

Marlon Lucky was a 5 star. Ameer Abdullah was a 3 star.

• Fire 1

No he's not.

your probably that guy that doesn't believe that we have not rank in the top 10 NATIONALY as well...."the ranking system is skewed".....LOL :koolaid2:

No he's not.

I've given up on the people replying this way having an understanding of basic math.

odd...basic math makes up the ranking system, yet we are STILL 38th.... NOT SOLID

Uh no I was arguing the same point earlier with you. Most of us look at it the same was as LOMS

Uh no I was arguing the same point earlier with you. Most of us look at it the same was as LOMS

you should learn to read the WHOLE post...