New NU Linebacker Coach Trent Bray

I was not anti-Bo. In fact, I was very much in the Bo camp for most of his tenure at NU. However, I couldn't stomach the blow out losses and blaming it on the players all the time. He would imply the buck stops with him, but then he would follow it up with, "eyes in the wrong place", and "we didn't execute correctly." With that being said, he was probably right, but at 7 years those problems should have been corrected.

Anyway, not going to BO bash. I am excited by the hire, but I think it will come down to who he hires on his staff.

Ummm....

If your wondering why this is being posted here even though I believe this was linked in another thread, i do this because there are more casual observers of huskerboard than diehards. Many people don't want to dig through a 6 page mega thread to see if anything new has happened. This allows those to see the new news quicker.

Should do this for every new hire so people can post stuff about said hire. It would make it easier to learn about the new staff. :thumbs

I understand the people who are happy about this hire

I understand the people that are upset about this hire

I understand the people that are saying "wait and see"

I think what a lot of us are a bit worried about is that because this coaches from Oregon State moved 1,500 miles east it doesn't mean that they are all of a sudden going to be better than they were back in Corvallis.

Why do I think they'll do better? Because it won't be stubborn Bo leading and Beck and Paps won't be here. Bam! Better already.

you misunderstood the question. he said... what makes you think that the same coaching staff will move to lincoln and all of a sudden do better? especially if they don't change the way they recruit. it has nothing to do with bo and our previous coaching staff.

I understand the people who are happy about this hire

I understand the people that are upset about this hire

I understand the people that are saying "wait and see"

I think what a lot of us are a bit worried about is that because this coaches from Oregon State moved 1,500 miles east it doesn't mean that they are all of a sudden going to be better than they were back in Corvallis.

Why do I think they'll do better? Because it won't be stubborn Bo leading and Beck and Paps won't be here. Bam! Better already.

you misunderstood the question. he said... what makes you think that the same coaching staff will move to lincoln and all of a sudden do better? especially if they don't change the way they recruit. it has nothing to do with bo and our previous coaching staff.

You don't think you will be able to sign a higher caliber athlete to NU over OSU? Why can Warren recruit better athletes to NU over Air Force? Put our previous staff at OSU and see how many stars come running to Corvallis. I think many people are forgetting that NU does still hold some clout. Not what it used to but enough to be able to sign a higher caliber of athlete than OSU.

We all thought Riley would take Advantage of his new found resources, but he used it to give his old staff a bonus lol.

This is like the government bail out of the banks... Hope some of them are in town for the basketball game today. Would be nice to meet and greet a couple of them.

Could it be that some of you are so anti Bo Pelini and his crew that ANYONE who comes in here is an automatic upgrade.

DING DING DING...we have a winner. There are folks so anti-Bo that when a potentially s****y hire is staring them in the face, they choose not to see it.

I was willing to give the Riley hire a chance, provided the right coordinators and staff showed up under him--again, our AD said money wasn't a concern.

But when Riley is bringing his defensive buddies from OSU with him...the same ones that choked against Eastern Washington, NOT Wisky, and the same ones the OSU fans wanted run out on a rail for incompetence...it's becoming clear this is quickly becoming a s****y hire and the mistake to end all mistakes with this progam.

Could it be that some of you are so anti Bo Pelini and his crew that ANYONE who comes in here is an automatic upgrade.

DING DING DING...we have a winner. There are folks so anti-Bo that when a potentially s****y hire is staring them in the face, they choose not to see it.

I was willing to give the Riley hire a chance, provided the right coordinators and staff showed up under him--again, our AD said money wasn't a concern.

But when Riley is bringing his defensive buddies from OSU with him...the same ones that choked against Eastern Washington, NOT Wisky, and the same ones the OSU fans wanted run out on a rail for incompetence...it's becoming clear this is quickly becoming a s****y hire and the mistake to end all mistakes with this progam.

USC tried to lure Banker away three years ago.

USC tried to lure Banker away three years ago.

Impossible he sucks haven't you heard?

Yes, I am more excited about anyone's first year than I would be for a Bo Pelini eighth. And that would hold if the entire OSU staff came to Lincoln and brought their entire recruiting class with them.

Bo Pelini was judged on his performace as the Nebraska Coach. Riley is being judged on speculation, since he's only been the HC here for two days. The two things are totally different.

Also, before you Bo Pelini supporters get too critical of Riley's staff, let's remember who was on Bo's staff:

• His brother
  • A golf coach
  • An intern
  • Another intern

You may not like Riley bringing coaches from OSU, but at least they are experienced coaches.

• Fire 8

So what do people choose to see when 70-31 & 59-24 is staring them in the face? Part of the process? Stay the course? There are a lot more examples of poor play in meaningful games if needed. Give us a break and allow us to be excited and hopeful with Riley & whatever staff he puts together. We are looking forward to a new season. We are done with the past.

Y'all fans that criticize this idea is something Bo would be proud of. And J Mitchell too.

• Fire 2

Not necessarily. We all want the next coach to do better than Bo, but Bo had a decent W-L record. There are a lot of coaches who would do worse.

This Riley hire just doesn't strike me as a good move unless he's a CEO HC with a kick@ss staff, but that's not what the hires so far have been,

Not necessarily. We all want the next coach to do better than Bo, but Bo had a decent W-L record. There are a lot of coaches who would do worse.

This Riley hire just doesn't strike me as a good move unless he's a CEO HC with a kick@ss staff, but that's not what the hires so far have been,

The ASSUMED hires. Nothing has been officially announced. Remember when we were certain Tressel was coming?